Anybody Here Use Curl Activators?

Divah97

Holy crap. I dont even know what to say. About a month ago I purchased Wave Nouveu Finishing Lotion and I couldn't believe the results. My hair was soft, moisturized, puffy which I like! (due to the glycerin and humidity) and my breakage literally stopped. I couldn't believe my eyes. I just started to use Care Free Curl Gold and oh my goodness!!!! My hair has been moisturized for days. I've never experienced that. I usually have to moisturize multiple times a day (with regular moisturizer and seal with grease or oil) or at least once a day (with Wave Nouveu). But this stuff leaves my hair feeling elastic, slightly damp, soft...for days. I'm going on day 3 and I suspect that I might be able to go 1 or two more days. Like what??Where has this been all my life? I dont even seal. Just apply and let it do its thing. When I run my hands through my hair, the only hair that comes out is the usual shed hairs with barelyyyy any breakage, if any.

As a 22 year old, I always giggle when I think of Jheri Curls and Jheri juice and all that...but folks were on to something way back in the day. I'm so glad to have found this stuff. And it's wonderfully cheap.

For reference, I have relaxed, low porosity, APL length hair. This makes me confident that I will be able to retain lots of length. I'll be graduating with my Associates Degree in Nursing in May of 2020 and I want my hair to be swanging when I walk cross that stage!! I'm excited.

I'm bout to let my Soul Glo yall lol!! Thanks for reading <3

I wanna try S-curl next :)

Divah97

There was a jheri curl juice challenge a few years back. Is whatshername still around? Did we ever see the results? :giggle:
Yes I've been reading over the old Jheri juice challenges from a year ago. I would love to participate in something like that now

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
“way back in the day” :drunk: Yes, there have been several other challenges over the years and people have seen results. Glad you found something that works!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed yup I think she hit hip length already. Her hair is gorgeous!
Thank you @icsonia22 !!
I faithfully use curl activator. My hair is fast approaching tailbone (I think I made it there already just have to measure it first to be sure). Last month three other women started using it because I recommended it (Shout out to the women over at Penn Presbyterian Hospital ICU! If you see this, I love yall).

It's not to be used on set styles like roller sets or blowouts as it is very moidtuizing. My hair is always very soft / moisturized.

Divah97

Thank you @icsonia22 !!
I faithfully use curl activator. My hair is fast approaching tailbone (I think I made it there already just have to measure it first to be sure). Last month three other women started using it because I recommended it (Shout out to the women over at Penn Presbyterian Hospital ICU! If you see this, I love yall).

It's not to be used on set styles like roller sets or blowouts as it is very moidtuizing. My hair is always very soft / moisturized.

@I Am So Blessed your hair is beautiful, long and thick!

Luxlii

Scurl is one of the main products that turned my hair around years ago and got me to waist length. A lot of us started making our own with healthier ingredients. I still use mine a few times per month. I use bottled water, glycerin, castor oil and sometimes I add a bit of conditioner. Works really well with less/no mystery ingredients or possible carcinogens.