Anybody up for a 2009 Challenge???

doriannc

As 2008 comes to a close, I am very thankful that I have survived another year. I don't know about y'all but it was a very tough year. It was posted in another thread, but I had some hard times and had to be in women's shelter for a few months. While at the shelter, there were barely any products for ethnic hair. I had to make due. Most shelters only carry generic things. But one day a lady came and donated all of her ethnic hair care products. I can't tell you how it made me feel, even though it was something a simple as having pretty hair again. I didn't feel like I was a statistic.

Now, by the grace of God, I am back on my feet and on my way back up. I recently got my old stuff back and decided to donate most of my hair products that I had duplicates of or no longer needed to local women shelters in my area.

So here is the challenge: for every new product you try, give a product that you no longer use to a women's/crisis center or shelter. Simple right? Every little thing helps, believe me. And if anyone wants to add anything to the challenge feel free. :grin:

God Bless
DC

Wow! DC, I never thought to do that. I will find a women's shelter and donate my tons of products instead of just throwing them out when I no longer use them. I am so glad to know you're back on your feet - what a testimony! Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and take care!

Last edited:
I'm in!!! Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that there was a need for more ethnic hair products in shelters. I will definitely donate the things that I no longer use. Congrats to you for getting back on your feet.

That is an EXCELLENT idea. I have a bunch of hair products that I was getting ready to throw away when I went back home from vacation.

Thanks for posting this. I can do that challenge.

I just want to send out A BIGGG "YOU GO GIRL!!!!!" cause the struggle ain't nothing nice. I think what your doing is very admirable and I will pay it forward.

I remember your story. I'm happy to hear that things have gotten better. Praise God. This is a great challenge. I will donate my unwanted hair products to my local shelters. May God bless you!

Thanks y'all! If anyone lives in the North Texas or even Western Kansas area, I can definitely point you to some really great shelters and crisis centers

Back