Anybody up for a 2009 Crown and Glory Challenge?

I'm back in my extension braids . I just got them installed on Thursday September 3, 2009 which I will try to kepp in for about 6-8 weeks.

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to update on the conclusion of the challenge. I grew out about 4 inches of hair. The longest part was touching the top of my boob. APL on a 6ft tall woman is like BSL on everyone else. The part of my hair that broke off in my crown, which led to this challenge is now about ear length. Despite knowing better, I stopped doing the necessary maintenance on my braids for the last 3 mos. of the challenge. I lost a lot of hair due to matting and immediately cut back to my shoulders to even it out a bit and get rid of the rest of this bad texlax. It was well worth it, but no pics.

I did my braids back to back for the entire year. I think this is fine, but I really should have gotten a trim in between because I had a lot of splits.

So, next year, I will be stick more closely to the regimen and come back to this thread when I get tired.

I can't believe the year is coming to an end already. I'm still in the twists/locs that I did May 17....just over 7 months now. Of course, I'm getting that itch to take them out. But I haven't so....There's definitely some growth. But I'm still undecided about which way I'm going into 2010...locing or loose. The only sure thing is that I'll still be natural.

The first pic (brown shirt) was taken last night and the other 2 in July.

Attachments

• Dec 2009_2.JPG
    Dec 2009_2.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 13
  • July 2009_2 months loc'd_curls and jewelry_3resized.JPG
    July 2009_2 months loc'd_curls and jewelry_3resized.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 31July2009_1.JPG
    31July2009_1.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back