Anyone Blow Dry Once A Week?

JMH1908

Yes, I do blow dry once a week with no problems..deep conditioning and heat protectant every week are the keys for my hair. I also make sure to put a little extra oil on my ends before and after. Its all about protecting the hair when you use heat and make sure its not too hot.

natalie20121

When I started this hair care journey I was airdrying but I found I got a lot of shedding and breakage doing that. I'm not sure that while I'm transitioning that its a good idea for me to airdry. I'm back to blowdrying. Not everyweek because I co-wash on a daily basis and wet bun it but when I want to wear it straight I blow and flat iron using a heat protectant and FHI Iron. I think that if we are going to use heat on a weekly basis we should use the best on our hair such as ceramic, ionic, tourmaline blowdryers and flat iron in conjunction with a heat protectant.

My hair did just fine with weekly dominican blow outs with out consistent deep conditions and I NEVER moisturized between blowouts. My hair went from neck length to below shoulder in a matter of months.

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
I was wondering about this too, I typically blow dry once every 3 weeks. But have changed my regimen to once every two weeks.
I think if you deep condition and use an quality heat protectant like Ogx Coconut Milk or Biosilk you should be fine.
I remember back in the day people didn't wash hair often and used scalp oils but I moved away from this. I now wash every 4 days (twice a week) I don't oil scalp that often these days only the caster oil every now and then. I find that washing hair this often eliminates scalp irritation and build up problems with the hair too.

BlackRinse

I remember back in the day people didn't wash hair often and used scalp oils but I moved away from this. I now wash every 4 days (twice a week) I don't oil scalp that often these days only the caster oil every now and then. I find that washing hair this often eliminates scalp irritation and build up problems with the hair too.
Yeah now i am only oiling my hair once every 4 days because i have a sensitive scalp that accumulates build up and gets itchy fast.

Sarabellam

I had to scroll up to check the date and username to see if I wrote this! when I’m on top of my hair game I wash twice a week ( 1 shampoo wash and 1 Ayurveda + oatmeal cleanse). My hair just works better and I lose less hair.