Anyone buying? Beverly Johnson haircare line at TARGET 2/26

Blacktresses

Beverly Johnson haircare line of products is a a RE PROMOTION of Wanakee haircare line products. I purchased the Wanakee haircare line of products (back in the day ... Google it. You may see Wanankee's picture). The product ingredients has not changed AT ALL !!! SAVE YOUR MONEY !!!

We are all well versed/schooled/blogged about hair care ingredients and it effects on curly hair (especially by the information on LHCF). The only change in the products was Beverly Johnson's picture on the website and packaging with order.

I feel that Wanakee was making money off her product line at the time due to lack of information and forums of the day. Now that Wanakee's numbers fell off and/or her contract is over, the company resorted to another black top model to sell this product. Making it available in Target is just another marketing ploy because the numbers of internet website shoppers are possible very low!!!

The products I used were very harsh and hard on my hair. Most of the time my hair was brittle due the cones in the product itself. I used this product for years and yield no results. Now... everyone's result may be different. I know that this product line if haircare did not help in the lease. I see the testamonies on the website. The reason for growth is the newbies more frequent washing of hair.

Until individuals seek out information on care of curly hair, they may be stuck at the same length until agreeable products are used for their hair texture.

Just My Humble Opinion ....

biancaelyse

Beverly Johnson haircare line of products is a a RE PROMOTION of Wanakee haircare line products. I purchased the Wanakee haircare line of products (back in the day ... Google it. You may see Wanankee's picture). The product ingredients has not changed AT ALL !!! SAVE YOUR MONEY !!!

We are all well versed/schooled/blogged about hair care ingredients and it effects on curly hair (especially by the information on LHCF). The only change in the products was Beverly Johnson's picture on the website and packaging with order.

I feel that Wanakee was making money off her product line at the time due to lack of information and forums of the day. Now that Wanakee's numbers fell off and/or her contract is over, the company resorted to another black top model to sell this product. Making it available in Target is just another marketing ploy because the numbers of internet website shoppers are possible very low!!!

The products I used were very harsh and hard on my hair. Most of the time my hair was brittle due the cones in the product itself. I used this product for years and yield no results. Now... everyone's result may be different. I know that this product line if haircare did not help in the lease. I see the testamonies on the website. The reason for growth is the newbies more frequent washing of hair.

Until individuals seek out information on care of curly hair, they may be stuck at the same length until agreeable products are used for their hair texture.

Just My Humble Opinion ....

I used the Wanakee line in the mid 90s when I was relaxed and my hair did well with it. The best part of her line was the instructional booklet because Wanakee was the first person that I ever heard talk about protective styling, daily moisture, babying your ends and overall low manipulation. At least Wanakee was the real deal, an AA woman that truly did grow her hair out and kept it very healthy.

I was able to take Wanakee's advice and move on to other products. I think that there are products that are as good if not better for lower prices so I will not be buying.

ChristmasCarol

I'll usually buy anything once - but not this time. Those products aren't worth any more than basic drugstore lines, like Suave or Aussie.