Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 16 months to 23 months post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 years post and beyond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I’m at 14 months post this month. Plan to keep growing out the relaxed hair to at least 2 years post probably longer. I don’t want short hair.
I keep my hair in around a 100 twists with a super simple routine.
The only change this year is when I want a different style I will braid up and twists and put on a wig.

levette

I’m at 14 months post this month. Plan to keep growing out the relaxed hair to at least 2 years post probably longer. I don’t want short hair.
I keep my hair in around a 100 twists with a super simple routine.
The only change this year is when I want a different style I will braid up and twists and put on a wig.
Have you had much breakage or are you retaining length?

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Have you had much breakage or are you retaining length?
The only time I get breakage is when I’m not careful detangling and get a knot in the part of my hair that is relaxed. And that only happens when I’m careless and and rushing through my hair.
I never have any issues with the new growth part of my hair and have retained every inch I grew last year.
I view the inches of relaxed hair, all though damaged, as protective of my new growth because I don’t get single strand knots. And I like that I can still put my hair up in a bun which is my preferred protective style.

My hair has been in twists consistently since March. I do everything to my hair in twists and treat it as if my hair was still loose. While in the twists I moisturize my hair every few days, then wash and condition once a week or every other weekend. After a wash I redo the twists around my hair line to keep the style looking neat. Every 4 weeks I go through and redo the twists one by one to detangle and get the shed hair out since I don’t want my hair to lock. And that’s it.

secretdiamond

The only time I get breakage is when I’m not careful detangling and get a knot in the part of my hair that is relaxed. And that only happens when I’m careless and and rushing through my hair.
I never have any issues with the new growth part of my hair and have retained every inch I grew last year.
I view the inches of relaxed hair, all though damaged, as protective of my new growth because I don’t get single strand knots. And I like that I can still put my hair up in a bun which is my preferred protective style.

My hair has been in twists consistently since March. I do everything to my hair in twists and treat it as if my hair was still loose. While in the twists I moisturize my hair every few days, then wash and condition once a week or every other weekend. After a wash I redo the twists around my hair line to keep the style looking neat. Every 4 weeks I go through and redo the twists one by one to detangle and get the shed hair out since I don’t want my hair to lock. And that’s it.
That is the KEY I wish I knew before I buzzed everything off vs doing a long transition. I ended up losing unnecessary length of my natural hair all throughout 2020 because of SSKs from the short strands curling into themselves. smh. I'm big mad about that.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
That is the KEY I wish I knew before I buzzed everything off vs doing a long transition. I ended up losing unnecessary length of my natural hair all throughout 2020 because of SSKs from the short strands curling into themselves. smh. I'm big mad about that.
So true. I learned the hard way from the second big chop I did, this transition is my third go around. It was such a pain because my hair wasn’t the easiest to cornrow and the SSKs were beyond annoying. So no big chop this time.

Hi ladies. My last relaxer was September 2019, and I'm at 15 months post relaxer. I'm not sure if I want to be natural or relaxed, so I may relax again in the future. For now, I flat iron my hair every 2 weeks so I wear it sleek and straight with no problems. I don't have much breakage. If I continue with this no relaxer journey, I can say that I will never big chop.

Attachments

• 135264077_684102575613467_3854365751220341574_n.jpg
    135264077_684102575613467_3854365751220341574_n.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 25
  • 135531895_796159474302214_6726317063276304789_n (1).jpg
    135531895_796159474302214_6726317063276304789_n (1).jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 25

secretdiamond

Hi ladies. My last relaxer was September 2019, and I'm at 15 months post relaxer. I'm not sure if I want to be natural or relaxed, so I may relax again in the future. For now, I flat iron my hair every 2 weeks so I wear it sleek and straight with no problems. I don't have much breakage. If I continue with this no relaxer journey, I can say that I will never big chop.
Beautiful hair. Your hair texture and length (natural and relaxed) reminds me exactly of my best friend's. She transitioned for 2 years before she put any scissors to her head. Her hair is gorgeous now and below waist length (whatever that is called lol).

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’m with @JennyJenny2020 I don’t know if I wanna be relaxed or natural so I’m stretching until I don’t feel like it anymore. My last relaxer was 11/7/2020 Growing out short hair is a pain the bootay so I’m 99% sure I’m not doing a big chop. I‘m approaching neck length but these layers are giving me the blues. I have little pineapples because I’m in the midst of doing a style.

Attachments

• F284DBA5-0442-4A00-9E9A-484852E8DC63.jpeg
    F284DBA5-0442-4A00-9E9A-484852E8DC63.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 22
Beautiful hair. Your hair texture and length (natural and relaxed) reminds me exactly of my best friend's. She transitioned for 2 years before she put any scissors to her head. Her hair is gorgeous now and below waist length (whatever that is called lol).
Hey thank you! Ladies that do those big chops are so courageous! Even after two years I cant do it. It might take me a full 4 years to grow my hair out, and I'll just trim normally as I go.

I’m with @JennyJenny2020 I don’t know if I wanna be relaxed or natural so I’m stretching until I don’t feel like it anymore. My last relaxer was 11/7/2020 Growing out short hair is a pain the bootay so I’m 99% sure I’m not doing a big chop. I‘m approaching neck length but these layers are giving me the blues. I have little pineapples because I’m in the midst of doing a style.

Yes just keep stretching, and no big chops. Once you chop, there's no turning back !

levette

Hey thank you! Ladies that do those big chops are so courageous! Even after two years I cant do it. It might take me a full 4 years to grow my hair out, and I'll just trim normally as I go.
Very pretty