Anyone Else Not Care For Sheamoisture Products?

Curls&Justice417

Hmmm.....well....there's a whole world of products out there maybe I'll just pass on trying that one lol I know what doesn't work for one person may be a miracle for someone else but I'm not too sure if I want to risk it. Especially since there's no sample packs like the JBCO one....

Curls&Justice417

LOL! You can always strand test it. :smile: Some ladies on this board really like it. It is the single worst thing to EVAH hit my strands. It's just the individual nature of the beast!

Yeah, the curiosity always kills me so I'll probably end up trying it lol I remember back when everyone and their mother was raving about Hello Hydration. More like GOODBYE HYDRATION!! That stuff was straight up bullspit in a bottle for my hair. No ma'am. :lachen:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Yeah, the curiosity always kills me so I'll probably end up trying it lol I remember back when everyone and their mother was raving about Hello Hydration. More like GOODBYE HYDRATION!! That stuff was straight up bullspit in a bottle for my hair. No ma'am. :lachen:

Same with me. I still have my bottle. I just KNEW that stuff was gonna be a game-changer for my hair in terms of moisture.

Ummmmmmm . . . NO! :lol:

sparkle25

Youre not alone! that stuff was terrible. I think they put all kinds of chemical in their products but don't claim them on the labels
That has to be the case. Natural products don't have those kind of results on hair. In my opinion. And let's face it, it's expensive to make products with quality ingredients, and since they are a huge company now they want to mass produce and make as much profit as possible. A lot of the handmade brands that get so big end up changing their ingredient, like carols daughter. Us girls on the hair boards make their brands big,bthen they screw us once they get there by changing the quality of the products forgetting ( or more like not caring) that the natural ingredients is why we purchased their stuff to begin with! Maybe they are starting to cater to a different group of people, and other people, well their hair doesn't really require natural quality ingredients to thrive while more often than not our hair does.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I wish I could have success with SM since I buy primarily OTG. The Curl Enhancing Smoothie was horrible on my hair. The Manuka Honey Mask was pretty good but I couldn't get past the scent. I HATED IT. I bought the Coconut and Hibiscus shampoo in the sample size then realized I can't do coconut. I used the Purification Mask and it was ok, but I wasn't wowed. I was going to try the Raw Shea shampoo next, but someone here spoke highly of Design Essentials Avocado shampoo, so after I get rid of this sample size poo (making the family use it up) I am done with SM. Luckily there are enough other brands in the stores that I should be able to find what I need.

Last edited:

lushlady

I love the JBCO edge treatment. I've used a shampoo with hibiscus in the name and a wave defining lotion with a green label made my hair angry and dry. It took several weeks of conditioning and steaming to get my hair right after the hibiscus shampoo.

sparkle25

I love the JBCO edge treatment. I've used a shampoo with hibiscus in the name and a wave defining lotion with a green label made my hair angry and dry. It took several weeks of conditioning and steaming to get my hair right after the hibiscus shampoo.
I actually have this too. I forgot all about it.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Shea Moisture is a very polarizing line. You either absolutely love it or absolutely hate, there is very few people who are in the middle. And even for people who love Shea Moisture, they may love their individual staples and hate everything else.

For example, the Raw Shea Butter line is bae. I have used and love everything from that line. I HATE the 10-N-1 line. I returned 4 products due to gagging every time I used the products in my shower.

After I use up the few products I have in my stash now, I'll probably only be buying 4-5 of my absolute must have products.

Miss617

Always left of center
I tried the CES again on about six or seven of my twists that were getting kinda frizzy. The scent is super strong and I didn't use much product at all. I don't think I could use it on my whole head without smelling like a piña colada til wash day.

charmtreese

I didn't really care for SM until the High Porosity line. Then someone on here was like if you like the SM High Porosity Mask you will like the Manuka and Honey Mask, so I tried that one and fell in love! I also like that weird gel that they have in the Coconut and Hibiscus line, I've been using that for years. I never had much luck with any of their other products lines though...actually, I had written them off until High Porosity came along.

Curls&Justice417

I didn't really care for SM until the High Porosity line. Then someone on here was like if you like the SM High Porosity Mask you will like the Manuka and Honey Mask, so I tried that one and fell in love! I also like that weird gel that they have in the Coconut and Hibiscus line, I've been using that for years. I never had much luck with any of their other products lines though...actually, I had written them off until High Porosity came along.

Hmm...I may have to give the hipo line a chance. Most my hair is hipo, and I do like their manuka honey stuff...

Last edited:

bydebra

I'm scared to try that 10 in 1 mask now...lol

I had to Google which one that was. I used it. I actually liked it, but it did have a strong "perfumey" smell and it was a bit light. I liked the smell, but it was just too strong, and the conditioner wasn't heavy enough. I don't think that particular conditioner was not formulated for type 4 hair... they use code like "age defy" to describe the product, which I don't think is for "us."

Last edited:

sparkle25

I had to Google which one that was. I used it. I actually liked it, but it did have a strong "perfumey" smell and it was a bit light. I liked the smell, but it was just to strong, and the conditioner wasn't heavy enough. I don't think that particular conditioner was not formulated for type 4 hair... they use code like "age defy" to describe the product, which I don't think is for "us."
The thing with their masques, they are thinner than a typical DC. To me a mask is thicker than a DC. I almost was about to try another one of their "masks" today but I don't think I will lol. All you had to say was " perfumey" and that's it. Nope.

bydebra

The thing with their masques, they are thinner than a typical DC. To me a mask is thicker than a DC. I almost was about to try another one of their "masks" today but I don't think I will lol. All you had to say was " perfumey" and that's it. Nope.

True. Sometimes I leave their masks in my hair for my wash 'n gos. They aren't that thick, but I like how they penetrate my hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
The low porosity leave in is amazing for my hair.

The african black masque was awesome. The High porosity masque is good. The superfruit masque is good.

The curling gel is amazing as a moisturizer under any styler. Little bit goes a long way.

I like the leave ins and masques.

@shawnyblazes I tried the curling gel souffle (is that the one you're talking about) and used way too much product. It left my hair sticky but the shine was sick (in an awesome way)! I tried it again under my styler for my hair bun and used way less product and I'm very pleased. Little goes a long way is right. I love the shine that it gives my hair.

Last edited:

sparkle25

I live by the Purification Masques, the 10-n-1 masque (that everyone hates apparently lol), and the High-Po masque. I really wanted to try the JBCO, but I'm allergic to peppermint oil
But how can you stand that smell of the hi-po masque???????? I can't attest to its performance because I had to rinse it out . It was literally making me physically sick to my stomach . Like I felt legitimately high.

demlew

But how can you stand that smell of the hi-po masque???????? I can't attest to its performance because I had to rinse it out . It was literally making me physically sick to my stomach . Like I felt legitimately high.

I literally walked to my bathroom just now to smell it again and I still said "Mmmm..." lol

Basically I only hate the smell of roses, fruits I don't like to eat, and cow manure.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes I tried the curling gel souffle (is that the one you're talking about) and used way too much product. It left my hair sticky but the shine was sick (in an awesome way)! I tried it again under my styler for my hair bun and used way less product and I'm very pleased. Little goes a long way is right. I love the shine that it gives my hair.
Yes. Its literally to me a better version of curl activator gel. One jar lasts me a year.