Anyone Else Not Care For Sheamoisture Products?

Curls&Justice417

lol @ those hair perfumes. Shea is just being greedy now, come on:hand::rolleyes:. They just want those coins. I've heard of some people buying those (mainly teen white girls I may add...) they don't use a leave in and their shampoo and conditioner scents don't really linger. But you DO NOT NEED a perfume if you're using anything by Shea Moisture. That stuff last for days and drowns all other scents into an oblivion...

Blue_Berry

the only "new" shea moisture product I liked was the Jamaican black castor oil shampo but I had to stop using it. It gave me a serve case of seborrheic dermatitis.

about 10 years ago Shea moisture used have a great leave in that was very moisturizing with a nice light fragrance.

This stuff was awesome.
Oh wow! @AriellePatrice, is it possible to still purchase these bottles or is all of them outdated and expired?

DST1913

the smell of oyin hair dew makes me hyperventilate. I'm not exagerating either.
I actually did a Google search to see if anyone complained about the hair dew scent and found nothing. Everyone said it smelled great like cookies. I was like "child where"? Although i love it and will not give it up, that stuff stinks to high heaven to me. It used to make me want to retch. I think it smells like pee. Im slowly getting used to it

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I actually did a Google search to see if anyone complained about the hair dew scent and found nothing. Everyone said it smelled great like cookies. I was like "child where"? Although i love it and will not give it up, that stuff stinks to high heaven to me. It used to make me want to retch. I think it smells like pee. Im slowly getting used to it

I never had any issues with the smell. Mine was actually pretty faint. I've been thinking of picking up a bottle just to have a backup to backups.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I would PAY for a non-strong-smelling Oyin Hair Dew. Cookies?!?? :nono:

Why can't they offer an unscented version? I literally LOVE my hair when I use Oyin Hair Dew. It stays moisturized for DAYS. No other product gives me that. But alas, I can't purchase another bottle. Even if that horrible smell was light, I might try to deal. But it's maxed out to the 673rd degree. After awhile, every breath you take is unhappiness. Why?!??

Oh, well.

snookes

I have their mongongo and hemp seed oils hair mask in right now and I could literally pass out because it's smells so strongly! Just about all of their products that I have tried are so heavily accented and not in a good way. They literally smell like old granny perfume that you found at the thrift store. I have a nose like a blood hound but i still feel this is too much. Also this mask is not even a mask. To me masks are super thick. This is just like a regular DC. I don't know what I was thinking.

If I co wash after I rinse this out to get rid of the smell, will I be washing away all the good stuff from the DC? I just can't ....
I've tried the Souffle & Smoothie and haven't found them to be that moisturising so far. But I love the smell. I tried the Shea Moisture detangling leave in when I first went natural but that made my hair sticky & I have also tried the Purification Masque it was just ok. Not sure I'll repurchase or try their new lines tbh.

Last edited:

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I'm now actually interested in knowing where the 'on the go hair conditioning hair fragrances sprays' are located for sale.

I want to take a whiff, review the ingredients...and possibly purchase:sekret:.. I'll check Target tomorrow.

Sometimes when I go to a restaurant/bar/outdoor patio etc my hair will hold smells and its not quite wash day.

I have aquolina pink sugar hair perfume, but that's $15.00 a bottle. 1 bottle lasts over 2 years since I use it infrequently.
I have the ahem... Ariana Grande hair mist :look: It smells sooo good. And yes I'm allowed to like it even if I'm not a 14 year old white girl or 27 year old gay dude :look:.

I love the idea of hair scenting mists.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
the only "new" shea moisture product I liked was the Jamaican black castor oil shampo but I had to stop using it. It gave me a serve case of seborrheic dermatitis.

about 10 years ago Shea moisture used have a great leave in that was very moisturizing with a nice light fragrance.

This stuff was awesome.

This was a staple for me for a long time

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I have the ahem... Ariana Grande hair mist :look: It smells sooo good. And yes I'm allowed to like it even if I'm not a 14 year old white girl or 27 year old gay dude :look:.

I love the idea of hair scenting mists.

Oohh I'm going to have to go smell it...I have a Kohls gift card and I see its there. I'll report back if I pick up a bottle :pulpdance:

That description sounds like my cup of tea:

FRAGRANCE NOTES-
Crispy pear, pink grapefruit, juicy raspberry, soft muguet, rose buds, vanilla orchid, marshmallow, creamy musk, and blonde woods.

ladybevy

I would like to try this one tho lol now you come to mention it haha! :)

Lol. You should definitely try it. It is definitely one of my staple products. Alot of other shampoos like to tangle and dry out my hair. This one leaves my hair very soft and tangle free.

Ese88

The only Shea moisture product I like is the RawShea & cupauca conditioner. Every other product I've tried is overrated and doesn't work on my hair.

naturalyogini

As a general rule Sheamoisture products don't work on my hi-po hair. Haven't tried their hi-po line but I can add ACV to my own products. A long time ago I pH tested their products and they were consistently a pH of 6.0 which is way too high for my hair. The products that I have bought on the ground for convenience, I have added ACV to them. Sometimes that works. Sometimes it doesn't. I wish Sheamoisture would pH test all of their products.