Anyone ever had a "clear-gloss treatment" at home or salon??

dillard

I was reading a mag and it has tips on how to get "super-shiny" hair. It reads:

Abuse from coloring,heat styling and even frequent shampooing can rough up the outer layer of hair, making it look dull. Dry, damaged hair reflects less light. The treatment: A hair strand is like a house covered with shingles--conditioners smooth the surface so it looks shinier. Choose one with panthenol (like Pantene's). Use ionic styling tools; they are less damaging, and they increase shine. Visit the salon once a month for a clear-gloss treatment to prolong the sheen. A less expensive option: a home glossing kit, like Clairol's.

I've never even heard of clear gloss treatments or home glossing kits??! Have any of you ladies done either, and what were the results?

lana

My hair buddy that is not on this board, but lurks, love them. She uses Clairol but about every three months. Not once a month. It really gives her 3b/c curly hair gloss and shine.

dillard

hmm, i wonder how this would work on 4B relaxed hair?!? I'm gonna give it a try... i don't even think my salon does gloss treatments, I'll have to ask next time I go. I could just see my hairdresser now, like :perplexed

myco

dillard said:
hmm, i wonder how this would work on 4B relaxed hair?!? I'm gonna give it a try... i don't even think my salon does gloss treatments, I'll have to ask next time I go. I could just see my hairdresser now, like :perplexed

A clear gloss treament is the same as a using a clear rinse, so they might know it as that instead of a gloss treatment.

I've used this one from Sally's

Clairol Radiance Moisture-Rich Colorgloss - Clear Shine
By: Clairol Professional

Sally Item #: 320619

Size: 2 fl oz

Gentle, ammonia-free formula that adds luminous shine.

Effective in diluting the level and tone of any other colorgloss shade
Perfect for clients who want a glamorous gloss, and colorists who want a shining reputation
Perfect for first-time color clients

Usage Tips
Mix with equal parts of Clairol Professional Radiance Color Infuser.

MoMo

At what point in your regimen would you use it and does it require sitting under a dryer?

myco

MoMo said:
At what point in your regimen would you use it and does it require sitting under a dryer?

It's a semi-permanent rinse, so you could use it after your relaxer or at a later date.

I usually shampoo my hair first, then apply this. You don't have to sit under a dryer, but the heat helps it penetrate better. I cover my hair with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes, then I wait another 5-10 minutes for it to cool off. After it has cooled off, I rinse it out and apply my conditioner. Then I rinse and proceed to style.

I've used the Sebastian Colourshines before too. I didn't notice enough of a difference to justify the price. So I stick with the Clairol version and get the same results. It gives my hair smoothness and sheen more than blinding shine. It is semi-permanent so it will fade away with each wash/co-wash. The more frequently you wash, the faster it will fade.

dillard

myco said:
A clear gloss treament is the same as a using a clear rinse, so they might know it as that instead of a gloss treatment.

ooohhhh, ok. i didn't realize that. i didn't even know that i could get a clear rinse, i thought rinses had to be colored. since i'm getting my relaxer next week, i'm gonna ak about that. thanks! :grin:

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I tried a clear rinse for the first time and so far so good. It was the clear colourshines. Since it's being discontinued, I picked up a rinse called Adore that I'm going to try next month.

dillard

Browndilocks said:
I tried a clear rinse for the first time and so far so good. It was the clear colourshines. Since it's being discontinued, I picked up a rinse called Adore that I'm going to try next month.

k, let me know how that works for u!

thanx 4 the responses ladies, I'll def be trying these. i remember that a few months ago I did get a brown rinse and my hair was super shiny but I didn't know it was the rinse, I just thought my hair was in better condition. Now it's not shiny and I thought it was just because my hair was getting damaged but I guess it's just cuz the gloss from my rinse wore off! I have a lot to learn...:look:

MoMo

myco said:
It's a semi-permanent rinse, so you could use it after your relaxer or at a later date.

I usually shampoo my hair first, then apply this. You don't have to sit under a dryer, but the heat helps it penetrate better. I cover my hair with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes, then I wait another 5-10 minutes for it to cool off. After it has cooled off, I rinse it out and apply my conditioner. Then I rinse and proceed to style.

I've used the Sebastian Colourshines before too. I didn't notice enough of a difference to justify the price. So I stick with the Clairol version and get the same results. It gives my hair smoothness and sheen more than blinding shine. It is semi-permanent so it will fade away with each wash/co-wash. The more frequently you wash, the faster it will fade.

Thank you for the information!!!

AKA-Tude

I really want to try this after a hendigo treatment.

The henna gives shine, but I just want to see if I get a little it more from the clear rinse.

This sounds good. I have some in my 'stuff' cabinet.

Maybe I'll try it...soon.

Ayeshia

had one..it was okay at first because it added shine and defined my curls. I got it because I had hilites and I didnt want the color to turn brassy. However I noticed that it eventually tried my hair out...kinda like it blocked moisture from my hair or something.

AKA-Tude

Ayeshia said:
had one..it was okay at first because it added shine and defined my curls. I got it because I had hilites and I didnt want the color to turn brassy. However I noticed that it eventually tried my hair out...kinda like it blocked moisture from my hair or something.
Hmmm... OK, don't need that!

What kind did you use- DIY or salon?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm not sure about what you are talking about but is it similar to a clear cellophane? Those will definitely help to restore you hair and make it stronger.

Ayeshia

AKA-Tude said:
Hmmm... OK, don't need that!

What kind did you use- DIY or salon?

DIY sebastians clear cellophane rinse. I followed the instruction to the T but I guess it just wasnt for my hair.