Anyone Ever Had A Hair Transplant?

diegorgeous

Hey ladies, I was without my edges for soo many years and finally decided to get a hair transplant. I am at 7.5 months after and I have seen quite a significant amount of growth.
My dilemma right now is that i have been avoiding relaxing my front hair (Edges and about 1 inch backwards) because my doctor said not to. I am wondering if it is safe to relax now.......For anyone who has had a hair transplant, when did you go back to relaxing the new growth?
Another alternative I am thinking of is texturizing my front hair from now on not relaxing, or texlaxing?? any advice??? thanks!!:yawn:

p.s : my traction alopecia was from braids

Last edited:

temfash

I haven't had a hair transplant, personally I wouldn't relax the edges at all my thin edges are due in part to improper relaxer application. After spending so much money on a transplant I wouldn't take any chances.

MsDee14

I haven't had a hair transplant, but I dealt with breakage around my edges. The last thing I did was relax them. I would rather have a different texture than no hair at all.

Instead of texlaxing or relaxing, maybe you can straighten them?

Are you having issues with slicking them down?

diegorgeous

Yes I'm having issues with slicking them down. : (. I guess maybe I can just stop relaxing myu my temples : (. I think my hair will look a bit messy :(.

When you say you're edges , do you mean from ear to ear or just your temples? How do you straighten your edges? With a hot comb?

diegorgeous

Thanks a lot ladies. It's hard to make my 4B edges look decent :(. How do you straighten edges? With a hot comb? I guess I won't relax or Texlax them

greenandchic

Thanks a lot ladies. It's hard to make my 4B edges look decent :(. How do you straighten edges? With a hot comb? I guess I won't relax or Texlax them

Have you tried using a balm and using a silk scarf to tie your hair down until it sets? I've seen other 4bers do it well. It depends on how straight your relaxed hair is too though.