Anyone had good growth with Glovers Mange?

Blue_Berry

Anyone had good growth with Glovers Mane?

I know this is an old school hair product. I been hearing some good things about it having sulfur, but is it a good growth aid compare to today growth aids? If you have amazing growth I would love to know.

Last edited:

faithVA

My mom used that on me when I was younger but haven't revisited. Would love to hear reviews.

Lynnerie

As bad as it smelled it should grow some hair. I remember using this stuff when I first found this board but I can't remember what ingredients it had that was supposed to stimulate growth.

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
I used it for a little while but i felt it was too drying. It did make my hair grow but I ended up switching to a homemade sulfur mix with oils.

yodie

I was just thinking about using mine again before I saw this post. My scalp needs it.

yodie

Wasn't it called mange back in the day?
Does anyone know if Glover's and MN (Miconozole Nitrate) do the same thing for the scalp?

Blue_Berry

Okay, I just got through doing my research on the smell. My question is can you use Lavender oil or an essential oil to cover up the smell?

PatTodd

My mom used to use this when I was growing up. I believe it WAS called Glover's Mange back in the day. I think it was intended to treat skin conditions in, uh, canines :blush:. It sure smelled like all-to-be d*mned!!!!!! :blush::blush:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I had great growth from it, but it ruined my pillows.:blush: Also, Surge 14 spray, which could remove the smell of this from my hair, is no longer available.:ohwell:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

It seems that they quietly changed the name to Glovers Mane....then simply Glovers.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
My grandmother used it on my hair when I was little. I used to get teased at school because of the smell.... but if my memory serves me well my hair grew pretty fast when using it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

MamaBear2012

My mom used to use this on my hair when I was young. If I recall, she'd use it twice a year to make sure my scalp was healthy. I would try to get her to do it on Friday, so that by the time Monday rolled around, the smell wouldn't be as intense. I should have kept it up because my scalp can get DRY.

My mom still calls it Glovers Mange. I have some in my medicine cabinet. I probably should break it out.

Guitarhero

I'm pretty sure you can just get some $2 Hot Six or whatever it's called and apply some sulphur flowers from the pharmacy to it...would smell a lot better. That Glover's junk STANK and I can remember that baby vomit/booty/dirty hair/fried pork chop smell of the kids who would wear that mess in their hair at school!:eek2: Don't do it! :nono:

yodie

My mom used to use this when I was growing up. I believe it WAS called Glover's Mange back in the day. I think it was intended to treat skin conditions in, uh, canines :blush:. It sure smelled like all-to-be d*mned!!!!!! :blush::blush:

I co-sign. It was used to treat skin conditions on dogs, which is why it was called mange. Mange/mane, it works.

Chrissy811

I remember my mom using it on us when I was little, it thickened our hair up. Kinda like what castor oil and MTG do for me now. I wonder if the formula is the same. The problem is with things like that the formula gets changed over the years for better marketability but the product isn't as good IMO.