Anyone Here Have Locs?

L.Brown1114

I'm going to do another BC since my ends are awful from texlaxing and they keep matting up. I was thinking this time around to do locs. The reason I wanted them is since I look BOMB in braids and I feel people who look better in hair that isn't loose will probably look better with locs. If I had the money or scalp strength I'd wear braids 24/7. Also, I'm so over detangling and stretching my hair as it gets longer so my ends don't tangle.

I would get extensions and cut them off slowly. I've been told it's cheating, but I'm not going through the awkward phase so call me whatever you'd like. Plus its low maintenace so I can just get them retwisted every other month or so and wash once a week once they are loced and put some EVCO on them and keep it pushing.
I need something chill but will allow me to still do plently of styles. I love the idea of my hair being done all the time. I'm so tired of wearing wigs and and hunting down shady stylists or figuring out what to do to my hair.

I have crochet hair (bobby boss nu locs) to do crochet braids to remind myself how I like myself in dreads. I've had faux locs once before and got a TON of compliments and they looked VERY natural. She used this extremely course hair I could only find at an african BSS.

I was wondering do you ever miss loose hair? If you ever had locs thin what did you do and why did it happen? What products do you use on your locs?

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
plenty of us do.

we hang out here: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...ads-freeform-etc.739187/page-39#post-23941989

i have loc extensions that i did myself. it wasn't in my plan to get extensions but when i started my locs i was in the military and my bsl hair shrunk up to my ears. it was difficult to make my hair look within regulation so i added extra length. it's funny because my real locs are now only about 2 inches shorter than my "fake" ones even though i added ~6 inches. i don't care anything about people thinking i cheated or took a short cut. worry about yourself. i love my locs but i do think i will eventually cut the fake hair off.

i do not miss my loose hair.:nono: i have very coarse, frizzy, brittle, high maintenance hair that takes hours to style and detangle. now my hair matches my laidback lifestyle. only thing i miss is big hair but using the right technique i could still achieve that look.

i use aloe vera gel for retwists and coconut oil to moisturize. i don't use anything else simply because i'm afraid of buildup.

L.Brown1114

plenty of us do.

we hang out here: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...ads-freeform-etc.739187/page-39#post-23941989

i have loc extensions that i did myself. it wasn't in my plan to get extensions but when i started my locs i was in the military and my bsl hair shrunk up to my ears. it was difficult to make my hair look within regulation so i added extra length. it's funny because my real locs are now only about 2 inches shorter than my "fake" ones even though i added ~6 inches. i don't care anything about people thinking i cheated or took a short cut. worry about yourself. i love my locs but i do think i will eventually cut the fake hair off.

i do not miss my loose hair.:nono: i have very coarse, frizzy, brittle, high maintenance hair that takes hours to style and detangle. now my hair matches my laidback lifestyle. only thing i miss is big hair but using the right technique i could still achieve that look.

i use aloe vera gel for retwists and coconut oil to moisturize. i don't use anything else simply because i'm afraid of buildup.

thank you ladies!!!