Anyone interested in a TWISTING FOR GROWTH Challenge???

oooop2

Can I join... I just took out my braids and after viewing Sera25 Fotki I'm copying her method to retain length

So I'm twisting my hair and keeping the twist in for 2 weeks.. wearing twist out for 2 days.. then repeat until December....

Yep..You can definitely join. I'll add you to the list.

What products are you using on your twist? Do you wash/co-wash while they are twisted? And do you have any issues with them looking frizzy/tangling before you undo them??/

angellazette

I saw really good growth by wearing my twists for a whole month straight without retwisting or twisouts. The combo of daily rinsing, and not manipulating my hair much really helped me retain length so I shoot for 3-4 weeks out of my twists now!

nubiangoddess3

Yep..You can definitely join. I'll add you to the list.

What products are you using on your twist? Do you wash/co-wash while they are twisted? And do you have any issues with them looking frizzy/tangling before you undo them??/

After Washing with baking soda and water & deep conditioning

I add Jamaican Mango & Lime Cactus leave in, twist then apply Avocado butter. I'm planning to washing them on Saturday and deep conditioning while in twist.. ( just going to pour baking soda mix over my hair ,, no rubbing)
This is my 1st time wearing twist.... I dont really like it :look:
I need more hair. my hair is neck length but I really think if I keep with the Twist by December I will be shoulder length and my twist will be sooooooooo cute

Anancy

Great thread, im subscribing, prob a bit too late for me to join, plus i don't plan on twisting until the weekend.

brownsugarflyygirl

This is a GREAT challenge! I dont know how I missed it :look:

Im not quite at the point where I can participate....but Ill be back to join to put in my three months soon :grin: It complements Bootcamp perfectly.

oooop2

I saw really good growth by wearing my twists for a whole month straight without retwisting or twisouts. The combo of daily rinsing, and not manipulating my hair much really helped me retain length so I shoot for 3-4 weeks out of my twists now!

Thanks for posting this. How were you able to prevent tangling/locing w/out retwisting for a month? What products do you use on your hair when you twist? Did you just daily rinse w/ water or did you co-wash also?

TIA :)

oooop2

After Washing with baking soda and water & deep conditioning

I add Jamaican Mango & Lime Cactus leave in, twist then apply Avocado butter. I'm planning to washing them on Saturday and deep conditioning while in twist.. ( just going to pour baking soda mix over my hair ,, no rubbing)
This is my 1st time wearing twist.... I dont really like it :look:
I need more hair. my hair is neck length but I really think if I keep with the Twist by December I will be shoulder length and my twist will be sooooooooo cute

When my hair was this length, I wore a lot of coils. I also tried to jazz up my twist with accessories/headband.

Thanks for joining this challenge :)

oooop2

Great thread, im subscribing, prob a bit too late for me to join, plus i don't plan on twisting until the weekend.

Hey..Since we are just twisting for growth, I'm not being too picky about when people join. I just want people who wear or want to wear twist on a consistant basis to post their regime, show pics of styles and growth, and share suggestions w/ each other.

So if you want to join, just let me know :)

oooop2

So last night I applied Jamila Henna to my hair (thanks to a wonderful loopie that sent me a box to try)

I didn't DC, but just conditioned my hair like 4x, applied coconut oil to my hair w/ condish still on, placed hair in chunky twist, rinsed hair w/ low speed cool water, covered w/ a tee-shirt until damp, covered w/ a nylon after, and went to bed.

In the morning, I made my chunky twist a bit smaller and did my first attempt at flat twist in the front. I plan on wearing this style for the rest of this week. Looking forward to these twistouts

How is everyone else doing???

Angkin73

Sorry I haven't posted on here with my updates. Ive been lazy. This is my coil twists I did last night. I think I'm getting better at them.
I used shea butter + MN + other oils. On a few I used a shea butter + cocoa butter mix (other oils are in there as well). Just to see which ones held better. I used the MN to see if I could get more growth. I'm not going to wash but maybe once or twice a week with them in, so they will last longer. I do mist with a glycerin and aloe vera mix in the morning and recoil the ones that need it.

(Please disregard the nasal spray in the background...LOL...I have a sinus cold.)

Last edited:

Ms Lala

oooop2 I just pm'd you. I would like to be added to this challenge. My hair is recovering from damage and I want to just twist it up and leave it alone for the summer. Hopefully I can get my twists to last 2 weeks. I recently cut my hair so I'll post pics of my twists.

oooop2

oooop2 I just pm'd you. I would like to be added to this challenge. My hair is recovering from damage and I want to just twist it up and leave it alone for the summer. Hopefully I can get my twists to last 2 weeks. I recently cut my hair so I'll post pics of my twists.

Yep..I will definitely add you to the list :)

Sorry I haven't posted on here with my updates. Ive been lazy. This is my coil twists I did last night. I think I'm getting better at them.
I used shea butter + MN + other oils. On a few I used a shea butter + cocoa butter mix (other oils are in there as well). Just to see which ones held better. I used the MN to see if I could get more growth. I'm not going to wash but maybe once or twice a week with them in, so they will last longer. I do mist with a glycerin and aloe vera mix in the morning and recoil the ones that need it.

(Please disregard the nasal spray in the background...LOL...I have a sinus cold.)

Your coils are cute. Have you tried using any type of styling gel while doing your coils? And are you noticing any growth from using MN?

Angkin73

I don't really like using gel in my hair cause it makes my hair rough and dry. I use Fantasia IC gel. I only use it for a puff, and very liitle then. I have tryed to use gel to do the coils but they just won't coil up right, and the ends usually stick out straight. Thats with any amount I use. I guess its to heavy for my hair.

I was noticing some growth when I first started using the MN. That was back when I first BC'ed. My hair has always grown pretty good, so I can't really tell you if it was my hair doing its own thing or if it was the MN. I didn't use it like I should have either. I was only using it 2 days out of the week. Im really just trying to get rid of it now. I don't want throw it away because of the other stuff I have added to it.

I did add sulfur powder to the shea butter and cocoa butter mix. Hopfully I will see faster growth.

I do wonder if all this can stunt my hair growth tho, cause it seems like my hair hasn't been growing like it used to.

misschee

last night i took my twists out and washed my hair and then re-twisted today on a whim. this time i didnt use any product in my hair. i washed and conditioned and put in a black rinse (although you can still see some of the brown) last night then pulled my hair back into a puff to dry. today i misted it with some water and put some vitamin e lotion in my hair and let it air-dry. then while i was watching america's got talent i just started twisting cuz i needed something to do with my hands (i sometimes do this its odd) and just decided to do my whole head. i think they look weird but i always think my hair looks weird

how do i add the pictures to my posts?? i tried to attach but it said my file was too large

Angkin73

last night i took my twists out and washed my hair and then re-twisted today on a whim. this time i didnt use any product in my hair. i washed and conditioned and put in a black rinse (although you can still see some of the brown) last night then pulled my hair back into a puff to dry. today i misted it with some water and put some vitamin e lotion in my hair and let it air-dry. then while i was watching america's got talent i just started twisting cuz i needed something to do with my hands (i sometimes do this its odd) and just decided to do my whole head. i think they look weird but i always think my hair looks weird

how do i add the pictures to my posts?? i tried to attach but it said my file was too large

You can go to any site where you can upload your pics for free. I use http://tinypic.com/

1. Click the browse button and pick the picture you want to upload.
2. Click on the picture and click open.
3. Make sure you do the resize, (I usually do the 320x240 size).
4. Upload it.
5. After that you right click and copy the IMG link for: message boards/forums When you are doing your message, just paste it where ever you want it in the message.
HTH :yep:

oooop2

I don't really like using gel in my hair cause it makes my hair rough and dry. I use Fantasia IC gel. I only use it for a puff, and very liitle then. I have tryed to use gel to do the coils but they just won't coil up right, and the ends usually stick out straight. Thats with any amount I use. I guess its to heavy for my hair.

I was noticing some growth when I first started using the MN. That was back when I first BC'ed. My hair has always grown pretty good, so I can't really tell you if it was my hair doing its own thing or if it was the MN. I didn't use it like I should have either. I was only using it 2 days out of the week. Im really just trying to get rid of it now. I don't want throw it away because of the other stuff I have added to it.

I did add sulfur powder to the shea butter and cocoa butter mix. Hopfully I will see faster growth.

I do wonder if all this can stunt my hair growth tho, cause it seems like my hair hasn't been growing like it used to.

I used to use a lite brown gels to do my coils. Do you do your coils w/your fingers or with a comb. I could never perfect the art of doing coils w/ a comb. I seemed to mess them up more.

I agree w/ the MN. I used it for awhile, but didn't see any amazing growth. I've even used some sulphur mix, but the smell tends to become too overwhelming for my mate :lachen:

I have found that my hair does best when I really just leave it alone. Hence why I started this challenge :)

I'm sure they look fine. How did your twist hold up without any product. I've done this is the past, but they seemed very dry the next day.

You can go to any site where you can upload your pics for free. I use http://tinypic.com/

1. Click the browse button and pick the picture you want to upload.
2. Click on the picture and click open.
3. Make sure you do the resize, (I usually do the 320x240 size).
4. Upload it.
5. After that you right click and copy the IMG link for: message boards/forums When you are doing your message, just paste it where ever you want it in the message.
HTH :yep:

Thanks for showing Misschee how to post pics :)

Angkin73

Your welcome. I coil with my finger. I have watched youtube videos and read about how to do them with a comb, and I just can't get the comb to stay in.

I think I'm going to just use shea butter next time I coil my hair. I just got my new batch in the mail today! YAY! :reddancer:
http://www.agbangakarite.com/

misschee

girl thanks..i never woulda figured it out:sad:

these are the first twists i did this summer (around memorial day)

this is the twist out from the above twists

these are the twists i talked about with the cornrows on the side (since i usually pull the sides up anyway)

these are the twists i did on dry hair with no product that look a hot mess...the back more so than the front :nono:

the top view of my dry twists...i ended up taking them out today to wear a twist out and i will redo my twists in a couple of days (at least the twist out looked good but i didnt think to take a pic). they held up just as good as twists on damp hair with product, they just looked weird to me

oooop2

Your welcome. I coil with my finger. I have watched youtube videos and read about how to do them with a comb, and I just can't get the comb to stay in.

I think I'm going to just use shea butter next time I coil my hair. I just got my new batch in the mail today! YAY! :reddancer:
http://www.agbangakarite.com/

Hey..What sz shea did you buy? I need to stock up on some more shea butter....

girl thanks..i never woulda figured it out:sad:

these are the first twists i did this summer (around memorial day)

this is the twist out from the above twists

these are the twists i talked about with the cornrows on the side (since i usually pull the sides up anyway)

these are the twists i did on dry hair with no product that look a hot mess...the back more so than the front :nono:

the top view of my dry twists...i ended up taking them out today to wear a twist out and i will redo my twists in a couple of days (at least the twist out looked good but i didnt think to take a pic). they held up just as good as twists on damp hair with product, they just looked weird to me

Yeah!! Glad you figured out how to post pics. Do you normally part w/ a comb or your fingers. I think I am going to try to add some cornrows on the side of my twist tonight. Will post if they look cute :lachen:

nubiangoddess3

I redid my twist last night after watching a youtube video and how to twist...

I like these lot better but here is my starting length

Attachments

• Photo 85.jpg
    Photo 85.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo 87.jpg
    Photo 87.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10

Ms Lala

Here are the fat twists I'm rocking. I just cut my hair :( I've been wearing them in bun but I pulled them to the side to be sexy for the hubby that evenining. He's not feelin' the bun!

Angkin73

Hey..What sz shea did you buy? I need to stock up on some more shea butter....

I got the 1lb size. An I love it!!! I got it back around a week and a half after I placed the order.

It was full, but I whipped some of it last night. Also its not hard at all. I even like the smell.

I also got their black soap, (and a few other things). It had my skin so soft.

Last edited:

misschee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WONDERSTAR....your hair looks amazing and the twist-out was superb!!!:grin:

Yeah!! Glad you figured out how to post pics. Do you normally part w/ a comb or your fingers. I think I am going to try to add some cornrows on the side of my twist tonight. Will post if they look cute :lachen:

normally i use a comb to part but that night i was just sitting in a chair in the living room and just went at it. but i'll probably use a comb from now on just b/c i think it looks neater and until my hair gets so long and thick :)lick:) that you cant see my parts, i need them to be on point