Anyone interested in a TWISTING FOR GROWTH Challenge???

Valerie

I would like to join also, but I have to wash my hair, in a week or so, so I can get pictures of the length now.

nubiangoddess3

I'm droping out of the challange...

My hair is tangled and in knots when I undo my twist...

plus I dont like how I look in twist, my hair is very fine and pin ups look a mess..

Good luck to everyone

oooop2

Checkin IN!!
Sorry I haven't checked in but I haven't been near a computer..But I am wearing my hair in a twist out puff!! I plan on washing and retwisting tonight or tomorrow!!

Thanks so much for checking in :)

Well, I plan to put a fresh set in this weekend. I think I found the source of my breakage... lack of moisture. I was using oils and butters, but not any moisturizers. :wallbash:

I am glad you discovered the source of your breakage. My hair has been feeling a bit more brittle lately due to the hot weather. So I make a point of spritzing my twists t/o the day with water.

OK let me get this right; is that your hair twisted and then you did bantu knots with the twist?
Very creative lol, i love it and it looks great.

Yep...You got it right. I just wanted to do something a bit different. I was happy with the results.

i miss my hair so the braids are coming out today/in the morning. :nono:

How is your hair doing now that your braids are out???

:wavey: Just checking in.

I put in a set of kinky twists yesterday. My summer got busy and I couldn't keep up with the twisting every other week. Hopefully i can keep these in for about four weeks...we'll see.

Hope everyone else is hangin' in there.

Hey..I totally understand. I hope they will last long for you also.

Hey ladies. Sorry for my delayed response. I've been in Orlando over the past week for my sorority convention and had limited computer access. I am glad to see that you guys are still hanging in with this challenge. One more month to go!!!

Well while in Orlando, I wore my hair in small-twist, then a twistout fro for a few days.

Today, I deep conditioned my hair w/Pantene Hydrating Mask with honey and EVOO added. I then then rinsed w/ cool water and towel dried. I then added Qhemet honey and olive product and vatika coconut oil to damp hair and used hands to remove shedded hair. I then twisted in chunky-twist and placed hair in a phony tail. Not sure how I plan on wearing hair this weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great weekend :)

oooop2

plus I dont like how I look in twist, my hair is very fine and pin ups look a mess..

Good luck to everyone

So sorry to hear that you are dropping out. I hope that you find a style that works well for you.

GL!!!

AtlantaJJ

I should join this challenge because I started twisting back in Feb. when I could actually grab some hair... I'm still twisting but they are not pretty twists. I wear them under my lace front. When is the challenge deadline?

oooop2

Good luck to everyone

I should join this challenge because I started twisting back in Feb. when I could actually grab some hair... I'm still twisting but they are not pretty twists. I wear them under my lace front. When is the challenge deadline?

Hey...This challenge ends Sept 1, but we love looking at pics and hearing what others are doing to there hair. So you are DEFINITELY welcome to post and share pics :grin:

oooop2

Here are a few pics of my twist done on dry hair that I did on Sat. My hair is currently still in this style.

pringe

ok my hair is doing well, I've been doing twists for 2 weeks and then washing and redoing. Right now my hair is in big braids cause i'm getting it colored later this week. I'm gonna try and post pics but i'm not as savvy with the posting of pics lol

Attachments

• DSCF1595.jpg
    DSCF1595.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 2nd day.jpg
    2nd day.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 13

misschee

im much happier since i have taken out the braids...i've discovered this summer that extensions aren't fun anymore. probably because i love my hair and the softness and fluff that i have. i've had extensions 3x this summer and none of them lasted more than 2 wks. i dyed my hair black for my 1 year hair-niversary. the dye dried out my hair a little so i decided to let some conditioner sit in my hair for a couple of hrs w/no heat and when i rinsed it out i realized that the conditioner had protein in it so it didnt really help with the dryness/hardness. so i did a deep condition last night it helped a little bit. my leave-in wasnt doing anything for my hair either. so i decided to try straight glycerin on damp hair then i put my hair in about 12 twists. my hair feels softer but at the same time really coated. i have this urge to straighten my hair.
ive been twisting/braiding my hair at night and then taking it down during the day when i go out, but for the days i dont go anywhere i just leave them in. both my brother and sister have made color purple references about my hair but its whatever.

oooop2

ok my hair is doing well, I've been doing twists for 2 weeks and then washing and redoing. Right now my hair is in big braids cause i'm getting it colored later this week. I'm gonna try and post pics but i'm not as savvy with the posting of pics lol

Glad you are sticking with this challenge. We are ALMOST done. And your color is cute :)

im much happier since i have taken out the braids...i've discovered this summer that extensions aren't fun anymore. probably because i love my hair and the softness and fluff that i have. i've had extensions 3x this summer and none of them lasted more than 2 wks. i dyed my hair black for my 1 year hair-niversary. the dye dried out my hair a little so i decided to let some conditioner sit in my hair for a couple of hrs w/no heat and when i rinsed it out i realized that the conditioner had protein in it so it didnt really help with the dryness/hardness. so i did a deep condition last night it helped a little bit. my leave-in wasnt doing anything for my hair either. so i decided to try straight glycerin on damp hair then i put my hair in about 12 twists. my hair feels softer but at the same time really coated. i have this urge to straighten my hair.
ive been twisting/braiding my hair at night and then taking it down during the day when i go out, but for the days i dont go anywhere i just leave them in. both my brother and sister have made color purple references about my hair but its whatever.

Hey...Don't let others dampen your spirits about your hair. Do whatever makes YOU feel good. And tell them to SAVE their Color Purple references :perplexed

I've found the castor oil on damp hair really makes my hair feel soft and moisturized. I used it a lot while in Houston, b/c the heat was reaping havoc on my hair. I would dampen my hair, apply the castor oil, and then retwist into chunky twist. I would then either wear twisted or chunky twistouts the next day. You may want to add castor oil to your regime.

I recently wore my hair like this:

I'm currently in chunky twist....Planning to henna next week (Aug 19) when I am back in Japan.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

misschee

i've been using castor oil all summer to help fill in my edges and in my spritz bottle but never thought to use it on my twists cuz its so thick. but i am re-twisting tomorrow and i will definitely try adding the castor oil. also i orderd some giovanni leave in and it is suppose to come in tomorrow so i will add that to my hair before the castor oil when i twist. i can definitely see that my hair has gained/retained length despite several dustings and a trim the other day. i think im gonna continue this challenge for myself. im going back to school on friday and having twists has saved me alot of styling time and once classes, work, orgs, etc start im gonna need that time

oooop2

i've been using castor oil all summer to help fill in my edges and in my spritz bottle but never thought to use it on my twists cuz its so thick. but i am re-twisting tomorrow and i will definitely try adding the castor oil. also i orderd some giovanni leave in and it is suppose to come in tomorrow so i will add that to my hair before the castor oil when i twist. i can definitely see that my hair has gained/retained length despite several dustings and a trim the other day. i think im gonna continue this challenge for myself. im going back to school on friday and having twists has saved me alot of styling time and once classes, work, orgs, etc start im gonna need that time

Yeah...Let me know how the castor oil works for you. My hair loves it. And I also plan on continuing to twist my hair even when this challenge is over :grin:

Leeda.the.Paladin

Is it too late to join this challenge? Truth be told, I have been doing this for the last month and a half. I'm going to read through the thread and then post a bit more.

oooop2

Is it too late to join this challenge? Truth be told, I have been doing this for the last month and a half. I'm going to read through the thread and then post a bit more.

Hey..This challenge ends Sept 1, but if anyone is still interested, I will probably do another twisting challenge.

I would LOVE to see your pics, so definitely post them :)

anon123

Hey..This challenge ends Sept 1, but if anyone is still interested, I will probably do another twisting challenge.

I would LOVE to see your pics, so definitely post them :)

I'm in for your next one. I've tortured my hair for too long.

Valerie

Yeah...Keep up w/ your growth!!! What is is goal length? Are you finding that wearing twist is working well for you?

Thank you OOOOP2, my goal length is waist length, maybe I may go even longer, I have found that wearing twists is very easy for me, because it is so low maintenance, plus I tend to make the big, so that they can last a week or more, or what I do I just re-twist them again.

oooop2

Hey ladies...1 week left!!!

Currently co-washing at night and wearing hair in med/chunky twist. Can't wait to see everyones growth at the end of this challenge.

How is everyone doing??

oooop2

I made a separate post stating the same thing. But since I had no responses, I figured my challengers would post here :drunk:

Thanks to all that participated. I hope that you guys had success during this challenge. I found that towards the end, I was starting to become a bit bored wearing twist/twistouts all the time and was ready for something new. I've decided for the next months, I am going to wear more wash-go ponytails, since I am really enjoying co-washing my hair nightly.

Continued happy growing to all of you.

Oooop2 :)

Taken on May 31, 2008

Taken on Sept 1, 2008

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I would love to join your 2nd twist challenge. My hair is screaming for me to leave it alone. Where is the link so I can join?

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I made a separate post stating the same thing. But since I had no responses, I figured my challengers would post here :drunk:

Thanks to all that participated. I hope that you guys had success during this challenge. I found that towards the end, I was starting to become a bit bored wearing twist/twistouts all the time and was ready for something new. I've decided for the next months, I am going to wear more wash-go ponytails, since I am really enjoying co-washing my hair nightly.

Continued happy growing to all of you.

Oooop2 :)

Taken on May 31, 2008

Taken on Sept 1, 2008

You've made GREAT progress!! I wish I had joined the first time around. :wallbash:

Angkin73

Sorry I haven't checked in for so long. I must say I have beeb mainly doing twist outs. My hair has grown enough to where I can get a great look with two strand twists. I didn't take pic of my hait in 2 strands, but I did get some of the twist out.

Twist out fro

coil twists
Start (Top)

End (top)

another begin shot (back)

Ending shot (back)

Random start shot

Random Ending shot ( I think my hair is to thin for twists or coils)

Looks like worms all ova my head.:lachen:

oooop2

Sorry I haven't checked in for so long. I must say I have beeb mainly doing twist outs. My hair has grown enough to where I can get a great look with two strand twists. I didn't take pic of my hait in 2 strands, but I did get some of the twist out.

Twist out fro

coil twists
Start (Top)

End (top)

another begin shot (back)

Ending shot (back)

Random start shot

Random Ending shot ( I think my hair is to thin for twists or coils)

Looks like worms all ova my head.:lachen:

Your coils and twistouts are really cute :)

I am still doing this, I didn't realize it was over

Yeah...This challenge is over and I decided not to do a part 2. My hair is really thriving w/ my co-washing 2x/day and wearing a wash-n-go ponytail, so I am going to stick w/ this regime for now. But definitely continue wearing twist if it is working for you. And since there is some interest, you may even want to do a Twisting for Growth Pt 2 Challenge :)