Anyone Remember YouTuber SistaWith RealHair?

kimpaur

She’s making a wig out of her own shed hair, and will be shaving her hair off in December, and wearing the wig...

I’m fascinated.

I remember her! Reminds me I need to pick up some of her beloved grapeseed oil lol

Black women are so gifted

How the heck did she even think to do this?!

And you know she’ll have buyers on hand at the ready( if that’s what she plans to do)

kimpaur

Girl... I’m trying to figure out if she is okay. Lol
I’m totally fine with the fact that she’s been collecting and organizing her own shed hair for several years... but once she announced that she’s shaving her head in Dec, and I put 2+2 together and realized that she’s planning to wear the shed hair wig on her bald head, I started to worry. :look:
Wait,is that what she plans to do?!

I just assumed she was gonna start selling bundles:eek:

Theresamonet

Idk but it grosses me out. My coworker recently informed me that she made a bun out of her broken hair so she doesn't have to use extensions for updos anymore :barf:

The hair itself is not the part that disturbs me. It sounds gross when you first hear it, but then I think... it’s not more gross than wearing an Asian strangers (or corpses) hair on your head.

It’s the idea of collecting your own hair and painstakingly crafting this wig for years, so you can wear it instead of the hair growing from your scalp. That just seems serial killer-ish to me. Like, a person who would do this, would kill. I'm sure of it. Lol

Theresamonet

For what?
I don't understand why people think it's gross to wear your own shed hair but it's normal to wear the hair of strangers.

Yeah, I don’t see that as gross.

But all the people begging to purchase her hair once she’s shaved her head are weird AF. It’s one thing to purchase a bundle of anonymous hair, it’s entirely another to know exactly whose hair you have perched atop your head.

kimpaur

Yeah, I don’t see that as gross.

But all the people begging to purchase her hair once she’s shaved her head are weird AF. It’s one thing to purchase a bundle of anonymous hair, it’s entirely another to know exactly whose hair you have perched atop your head.
It’s very weird.I don’t believe in voodoo/hoodoo and all that but , I wouldn’t trust it :look:

But then again I grew up with elders in my family who would always burn the hair from their combs so no one could use it against them

AmethystLily

Cynic on the outside; Dreamer on the inside
The hair itself is not the part that disturbs me. It sounds gross when you first hear it, but then I think... it’s not more gross than wearing an Asian strangers (or corpses) hair on your head.

It’s the idea of collecting your own hair and painstakingly crafting this wig for years, so you can wear it instead of the hair growing from your scalp. That just seems serial killer-ish to me. Like, a person who would do this, would kill. I'm sure of it. Lol
Ironically, despite reading and posting in that other recent disturbing thread about "human" hair bundles, nothing like the bolded crossed my mind this time. Instead, I actually thought of people who knew they'd likely lose hair for medical reasons (early diagnosis of illness, surgery, chemotherapy, etc.) shaving their heads beforehand and making a wig with their own hair. Apparently for them not only does it eliminated the need to get a wig from elsewhere, but it's also a small (or huge) comfort to know that the hair is still "naturally theirs" despite no longer being attached to their heads. That I can sympathize with because of the effects of medically-related hair loss on self-esteem.

Theresamonet

Ironically, despite reading and posting in that other recent disturbing thread about "human" hair bundles, nothing like the bolded crossed my mind this time. Instead, I actually thought of people who knew they'd likely lose hair for medical reasons (early diagnosis of illness, surgery, chemotherapy, etc.) shaving their heads beforehand and making a wig with their own hair. Apparently for them not only does it eliminated the need to get a wig from elsewhere, but it's also a small (or huge) comfort to know that the hair is still "naturally theirs" despite no longer being attached to their heads. That I can sympathize with because of the effects of medically-related hair loss on self-esteem.

I thought of this as well, but she isn’t shaving her hair to make the wig. She has been working on this since 2014, and the wig is almost done. It doesn’t seem likely that she’s been doing this for almost 7 years in anticipation of being ill enough to need to shave her head. But I guess we’ll find out in Dec.

ThursdayGirl

This was my first thought. Is she doing Chemo in December? The more I read though, it just sounded like she is going to shave her head to see what it is like and if it doesn't come out cute, she has a fall back plan.

MamaBear2012

It’s very weird.I don’t believe in voodoo/hoodoo and all that but , I wouldn’t trust it :look:

But then again I grew up with elders in my family who would always burn the hair from their combs so no one could use it against them

I still do this because of my mom. She used to say if you don't burn it birds will find it then come find you and peck your head.

Of course that was crazy but now I'm used to burning it.