Anyone Remember YouTuber SistaWith RealHair?

AmethystLily

Cynic on the outside; Dreamer on the inside
I thought of this as well, but she isn’t shaving her hair to make the wig. She has been working on this since 2014, and the wig is almost done. It doesn’t seem likely that she’s been doing this for almost 7 years in anticipation of being ill enough to need to shave her head. But I guess we’ll find out in Dec.
I don't think she's the type to worry that much about illness to anticipate it for years, but funny thing about that is... around 2014 iirc she had experienced serious hair-loss before due to anemia, so that could have been what gave her the idea in the first place. If that's when she started to save her shed hair, then instead of shaving and starting over, she probably wanted to continue to enjoy the hair she still had on her head for as long as she could given what she'd already been through. If (heaven forbid) something is going on health-wise with her, it wouldn't be her first rodeo in that respect. But as you said, we'll see in Dec. I hope everything's all right with her. From what I remember, she's had some rough periods in her life over the past few years.

Daina

If she wants to make a wig of her hair and she has the time, energy and nothing else better to do...if she likes it, I love it. What I don't understand is the shaving of her head? She can still wear her wig (by the way is it still considered a wig if it's your hair - this nonsense got me googling the definition of a wig...smh) on top of her braided hair. I have watched her videos but never subscribed as something about her always seemed off putting... I will live vicariously through you all for updates as I hate when YTubers do stuff like this for views.

Finally I too am a member of the nonsensical team that burns their hair...my grandmother always taught us to burn it, same reason for birds or someone getting a hold of it and putting spirits on you. I know it's completely irrational but continue the shenanigans anyway!‍:D:abducted:

Theresamonet

If she is going to shave her head, why does she have to save shed hair? Can’t she just make a wig from the hair she cuts/shaves?

i think she is a little off.

I believe collecting the sheds and creating the wig predates the decision to shave her head. I wouldn’t be surprised if the shaved hair also makes it into some type of hairpiece.

Theresamonet

If she wants to make a wig of her hair and she has the time, energy and nothing else better to do...if she likes it, I love it. What I don't understand is the shaving of her head? She can still wear her wig (by the way is it still considered a wig if it's your hair - this nonsense got me googling the definition of a wig...smh) on top of her braided hair. I have watched her videos but never subscribed as something about her always seemed off putting... I will live vicariously through you all for updates as I hate when YTubers do stuff like this for views.

Finally I too am a member of the nonsensical team that burns their hair...my grandmother always taught us to burn it, same reason for birds or someone getting a hold of it and putting spirits on you. I know it's completely irrational but continue the shenanigans anyway!‍:D:abducted:

She says in one of her updates that she has
had a desire for short hair for some time now.

PatTodd

I think two things:

1. She wants to let go of her hair for spiritual reasons because she believes it’s attached to trauma she’s gone through in the past couple of years.

2. She wants to rock a baldie for attention.

Could be both. She has interesting ideas about things like a few years ago when she was on a weight gain journey and drinking sweet potato smoothies - because she said that she felt like she looked emaciated....gurl please.

Theresamonet

I think two things:

1. She wants to let go of her hair for spiritual reasons because she believes it’s attached to trauma she’s gone through in the past couple of years.

Could be both. She has interesting ideas about things like a few years ago when she was on a weight gain journey and drinking sweet potato smoothies - because she said that she felt like she looked emaciated....gurl please.

I remember the bolded. :spinning: She has always been a little bit off.

But after hearing that she’s trying to go full time with YouTube, I think it’s probably #2. I think Youtubers get more subscribers and engagement when they’re on a growth journey, and they have more material for content.

snoop

I think two things:

The only problem with the bolded is that she'd still be holding onto the trauma. Just in with format.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
It’s very weird.I don’t believe in voodoo/hoodoo and all that but , I wouldn’t trust it :look:

But then again I grew up with elders in my family who would always burn the hair from their combs so no one could use it against them
So I was reading this vcyz Sistawithrealhair is one of 2 hair youtubers I actually watch.
But
You reminded me my family found a huge wad of rolled up hair hidden in their front yard close to 2 weeks ago.

My dad told my bro to toss it out but my bro who is NOT superstitious.......
in fact his fave historical figure is Ataturk who imposed secularism on Turkey to make them more palatable for the West ..

Anyway even he told my mom shouldn't I be burning it? She is so oblivious that she was like toss it like your dad said... so he did

That was the same time I came then to stay with them 1 day after ...

my brother the same 1 who had touched the ball n tossed it had crazy blowups could not stop repeating 1 sentence repeatedly (it's really long story but he even tried to beat up my dad over nothing threw their holy book and stormed out and over the next few days went ballistic at nothing

. Example I saw an empty teacup by the sink..
and went, is anyone using this? And I was about to put it in the cupboard .. he went "that's MY cup!!@ that's mine! Don't EVER touch it!! Its MYcup' like 1 inch away from my face glaring at me and shouting nonstop.

then went ballistic for hours illogically shouting that I was aggressive etc?? Though I wasn't??

I up and left and came back here feeling freaked out though my foot is broken and over there they were helping me..

Much more.. I wanna PM someone here about it.as I had no idea ppl here knew of these things!! We are so worried I swear.

Another brother of mine also went ballistic imagining a fight between my mom and I which didn't happen and shouted threats etc!!
It was unnerving

The hairball thing you mentioned plus the neigh ours are racist for the most part in really awful ways like setting their dog to try and bite my baby in the stroller 8 yes ago and refusing to call it off till I shouted I have a cell phone I'm calling the police ..much more

That area has been in the news for how racist some teachers are to teenage straight A students!!

told my mom I bet the crazy large hairball rolled up had something to do with the freaky behaviour of brothers. and they've lived in that area fr years and who knows what goes on behind closed doors.. all affluent white ppl who have often shown hostility n racism to where my friend had refused to go out to a restaurant there again and once brothers friend ran back in after we picked up our order and shouted RACISTS! And ran out again. I can believe anything nowadays of hateful people..

kimpaur

So I was reading this vcyz Sistawithrealhair is one of 2 hair youtubers I actually watch.
But
You reminded me my family found a huge wad of rolled up hair hidden in their front yard close to 2 weeks ago.

My dad told my bro to toss it out but my bro who is NOT superstitious.......
in fact his fave historical figure is Ataturk who imposed secularism on Turkey to make them more palatable for the West ..

Anyway even he told my mom shouldn't I be burning it? She is so oblivious that she was like toss it like your dad said... so he did

That was the same time I came then to stay with them 1 day after ...

my brother the same 1 who had touched the ball n tossed it had crazy blowups could not stop repeating 1 sentence repeatedly (it's really long story but he even tried to beat up my dad over nothing threw their holy book and stormed out and over the next few days went ballistic at nothing

. Example I saw an empty teacup by the sink..
and went, is anyone using this? And I was about to put it in the cupboard .. he went "that's MY cup!!@ that's mine! Don't EVER touch it!! Its MYcup' like 1 inch away from my face glaring at me and shouting nonstop.

then went ballistic for hours illogically shouting that I was aggressive etc?? Though I wasn't??

I up and left and came back here feeling freaked out though my foot is broken and over there they were helping me..

Much more.. I wanna PM someone here about it.as I had no idea ppl here knew of these things!! We are so worried I swear.

Another brother of mine also went ballistic imagining a fight between my mom and I which didn't happen and shouted threats etc!!
It was unnerving

The hairball thing you mentioned plus the neigh ours are racist for the most part in really awful ways like setting their dog to try and bite my baby in the stroller 8 yes ago and refusing to call it off till I shouted I have a cell phone I'm calling the police ..much more

That area has been in the news for how racist some teachers are to teenage straight A students!!

told my mom I bet the crazy large hairball rolled up had something to do with the freaky behaviour of brothers. and they've lived in that area fr years and who knows what goes on behind closed doors.. all affluent white ppl who have often shown hostility n racism to where my friend had refused to go out to a restaurant there again and once brothers friend ran back in after we picked up our order and shouted RACISTS! And ran out again. I can believe anything nowadays of hateful people..
Both brothers,not just the one who got rid of it? I don’t think it’s the hair(again, I’m a cautious skeptic)

But the energy in that environment sounds awful, I could feel it just reading your post. I would leave if I were you

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Both brothers,not just the one who got rid of it? I don’t think it’s the hair(again, I’m a cautious skeptic)

But the energy in that environment sounds awful, I could feel it just reading your post. I would leave if I were you
Yes but the one who got rid of it threw it where the other one goes out in his thin shirt and shorts in the freezing cold to smoke. He smokes there bcuz he feels free to discard his cigarettes willy nilly after stomping them out as it is a sort of trash heap.

I don't think it's solely the hair I think things may be going on for a while like I said there are odd and hateful neighbors there.

nyeredzi

She said that she can spend 8+ hours in one sitting just organizing her shed hair into bundles. I want that amount of free time.
That is ... something.

How long do human hair wigs last? I mean, how many years will it take for her to make one, and how long will it last once she's done?

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Are you sure this isnt drug related? This sounds like an episode Ive seen happen.
No, lol! but when I told someone else, that was her first thought too (she does not know us irl)-
they are home all day, my mom knows every last thing of their day, their things are cleaned by a cleaning lady every week and my mom, they are anti drug anyway, and there is no way of them accessing it in the first place. All their money is thru my dad who can view everything, including if they take money out of the bank.
there's no young person nearby, etc. and they were not raised in north america majority of their lives, so we were raised to think that drugs are disgusting, where we lived it was punishable by death.
plus they're muslim and ...yeah. we are so not into that stuff. they don't even drink alcohol/
but one of them has bipolar, the one who was most extreme so i'm starting to think it may have been our first glimpse of a medication that doesn't suit him or something. and the tension built up after that so the other one took it on
my brother actually helped one of his friends go thru rehab and get off drugs ( that his dad introduced him to - his dad had him taking drugs since HS, and he developed Schizophrenia right after his dad took LSD with him). that time traumatized my brother as his friend would call him in the middle of the night with bizarre things.