Anyone Short-Haired going Natural from a tex/relaxer/ or etc?

AsTheCurlzTurns

Just wanted to find a few members that I can possibly relate to in my quest to transition from a texturized short do, to being natural. I notice alot of chin-length and beyond, but is there any that is like very short like 1-3inches, from a BC going natural here? I've never, ever considered going the natural route, and I'm taking a chance here, and wanting to see how this goes. Also can you also post your regime for how you're caring for your hair while transitioning or already completely natural, even if you're wearing a TWA too. I need all the tips/tricks I can get so I don't muck this up!
Thanks so much! :)

SignatureBeauty

Alot of ladies have, I am one who has done it but then went back to texturized and I had only half an inch and my Routine was the same. It will be pretty easy to Transition to natural with a short Tex/laxed hair do, Some people just ease right on into it. And with a Twa you really have no routine as of yet because all you can do is wash n go or maybe some headbands, But I would keep it simple and not buy too many products because your hair will use different things at different lengths, But then again you might be able to keep the same products all the way through LOL!!

Just take it slow and I even shaved my head Girl, I did a "Britney Cut" but as of right now I am comfortable with my hair Texturized because I still have all my curls but easy to manage. Maybe some others will chime in and help you out!!!!!

Good Luck To You!

AsTheCurlzTurns

Awweee thanks for the input. You may not think you have helped me here, but you drove it home for me that I can't do anything but let my TWA run it's course with wash n gos and headbands. And I thought I had to do alot more than that. Let my journey begin......LOL BTW, your hair is cute in your profile pic and avatar :)

SignatureBeauty

Thank you so much & I sent you a PM, Basically just let it run it's course like you said, I have been back and forth with being natural since 2003, so I have had short hair for almost 5 years because I kept Big Chopping and couldn't make up my mind LOL!!! Sometimes I would get bored with my natural hair and I tried the Wigs & Weaves & Braids and all they did was piss me off because I get hot under wigs, weaves didn't feel right and braids just got on my nerves:nono:. But I loved the fact that I could just conditioner wash my hair and go, just add a little gel and I was good to go, But as your Twa gets Longer those wash n go's might not look as pretty LOL!!! I am telling you the truth LOL!!!:grin:

But I am sure you will find a way to make it look good, Just take your time and let your hair do what it do, Don't get Impatient because then you will give up, That was my Biggest downfall, I wanted a Puff in 6 months and it didn't happen and I got so mad:wallbash: But now I am taking things in stride and for now being Texturized I am happy with that!!!:yep: