Anyone Still Use Hair Glaze/clear Rinse/gloss/cellophane?

Dee-Licious

I'll be using mine tonight.
It's time for my Aphogee hard, and I'll DC with the 4 Clover deep conditioner afterwards. I haven't decided if I'll add the rinse to the DC or add it to my hair after the DC is in.

I'll also pull my hair steamer out of the closet tonight and actually use it.

Theresamonet

This was a few years ago when I was super duper gangsta with clear rinses. I would alternate between adore and Sebastian (I'm on the right). My hair was strong and shiny from root to tip. That is a press and I have 4A hair.

Beautiful! Is the shine as evident when your hair is not straight?

@Dee-Licious Did the rinse feel like a protein treatment on your hair?

Last edited:

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Beautiful! Is the shine as evident when your hair is not straight?

@Dee-Licious Did the rinse feel a protein treatment on your hair?

You get the most bang when it's straight. It's not as evident when I'm consistently working out and wearing a conditioner bun, but it is completely evident when I wear air dried twists.

Looking at that picture makes me want to be super consistent again. My hair is longer now but danggitt - Sometimes you have to see a picture of yourself to realize some things... My exact steps were:

1) Shampoo hair and do not condition.

2) Towel dry then apply Sebastian or Adore generously. I did it in sections and combed through with my Denman. You may have to rub it in and finger detangle first.

3) Cover with plastic cap and sit under dryer for at least 30 minutes. Before I covered with plastic cap, I piled my hair into a mock bun so that my ends were on top of my head and the heat from the dryer would be sure to penetrate.

4) After 30 or so minutes, the product will have absorbed into my hair. You will notice that your hair swells a little. I then grab a moisturizing conditioner and apply directly on my hair, put the cap back on and sit for another 30 minutes.

5) After the dryer, I rinse with a moisturizing shampoo. Then roller set if I'm up to it or blow dry.

GreenEyedJen

Sally Beauty had all ion products 50% off yesterday. I stocked up on the Intensive Shine.

I’m interested in the processes that were described here, but I think I’m going to follow the package directions this first time. I don’t remember glosses doing anything for me when I first went natural, but that was almost ten years ago so I’m sure I’ve forgotten some things since then.

Dee-Licious

Sally Beauty had all ion products 50% off yesterday. I stocked up on the Intensive Shine.

I’m interested in the processes that were described here, but I think I’m going to follow the package directions this first time. I don’t remember glosses doing anything for me when I first went natural, but that was almost ten years ago so I’m sure I’ve forgotten some things since then.
Darn!! I would have at least picked up one. I forgot about the Spring Fling sales they are having.

Dee-Licious

I’m in a humid place where my hair usually reverts quickly because it’s totally different climate than my regular. My hair is holding up much better than usual. I don’t know whether to attribute it to going back to steaming, the rinse, or the combination of the two.

Last edited:

Dee-Licious

This is too funny!!! I literally bought the Jazzing Clear Rinse a few days ago to do a clear rinse. I haven’t clear rinsed probably since my last posts in this thread, but it popped in my mind that day in Sally’s.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm still using the Ion Demi-Permanent in Clear. I'll be do for a retouch in about 2 weeks. Because my hair is going grey and seems to dull faster, I'm thinking of increasing it to every 3-4 weeks versus ever 4-6.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I want to try the clear rinses but my hair is greying and henna usually hues it a slight reddish color.

I dont mind, I actually like it.

Has anyone did these that uses henna?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used one about a month ago. It seemed to strip my keratin treatment and I didn’t notice any extra shine