Anyone Still Using Blue Magic?

MilkChocolateOne

Sometimes I use it to seal the last two inches of my daughter's ends in the winter. It works better than natural oils/butters on her ends. Her ends stay moisturized until the next wash day. I wash her hair once a week. Sometimes I will use Royal Crown or Nature's Blessings. A jar lasts forever because I don't apply much. I also use it on the length of my hair when I wear box braids. It protects my hair from the synthetic braiding hair.

Kurlee

Sometimes I use it to seal the last two inches of my daughter's ends in the winter. It works better than natural oils/butters on her ends. Her ends stay moisturized until the next wash day. I wash her hair once a week. Sometimes I will use Royal Crown or Nature's Blessings. A jar lasts forever because I don't apply much. I also use it on the length of my hair when I wear box braids. It protects my hair from the synthetic braiding hair.
Which one do you use?

Kurlee

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'm thinking of getting the castor oil one. Natural butters and oils just aren't cutting it anymore, plus, winter is coming!

Celestialx

I use it on my ends in winter (December - April). You do have to wash it off completely at least once a week or it might make your ends dry.

ITA with the bold. I was pretty lazy washing it out a few times in an attempt to avoid over-stripping and I was heavy handed when applying it, so it led to some brittleness after a few washes. Now, I make sure to use a very light hand (barely a fingertip's worth for each section) and I've upped my shampooing to combat the buildup and it's been working great for me so far.

If I could get away with it, I'd go back to using exclusively oils to seal since they're so easily rinsed out, but no matter how thick the consistency is, natural oils and butters just don't cut it the way petrolatum-based greases do when it comes to really sealing in that moisture and keeping my hair knot/tangle free.

Kurlee

ITA with the bold. I was pretty lazy washing it out a few times in an attempt to avoid over-stripping and I was heavy handed when applying it, so it led to some brittleness after a few washes. Now, I make sure to use a very light hand (barely a fingertip's worth for each section) and I've upped my shampooing to combat the buildup and it's been working great for me so far.

If I could get away with it, I'd go back to using exclusively oils to seal since they're so easily rinsed out, but no matter how thick the consistency is, natural oils and butters just don't cut it the way petrolatum-based greases do when it comes to really sealing in that moisture and keeping my hair knot/tangle free.
ooooh! They help combat SSKs? I'm in!

BrickbyBrick

I saw an old video from dephne Medyara and she used grease as her sealant (called the l.o.g. method since the grease replaces the cream in the LOC method). I tried it out on my 5 year olds 4a 4b hair and her twists remained moisturized the entire week. It was a bit frizzy by Friday but I think it was because I didnt brush it thoroughly for a smooth finish. Or maybe I needed something else for hold. Either way, i digress. Bottom line, grease will likely be a staple sealant for my daughter and I. Blue Magic did well for us.