Anyone taking Collagen supplement?

Aggie

soonergirl, The results are amazing. I know that overall my body has changed. My skin has a constant glow and sometimes I don't even have to use lotion - it's so soft. My nails have improved greatly and grows long and strong if I don't keep them cut (I'm a spa therapist and can't wear my nails long) but my toe nails are gorgeous.

My eyelashes are growing in long as well. My hair is also growing in fast and I know that because I just cut it about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it's already almost an inch longer. My lips used to get all choppy and peel incessantly, but I can't remember the last day, I had that problem. If I get a cut, it heals incredibly fast. Of course I am on a very rigid vitamin regimen as well. I hardly miss taking them.

You may want to take the collagen with added vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. I just wished I had been taking collagen long years ago. HTH!

Last edited:

soonergirl

wow Aggie girl thanks... I am taking marine collagen now, with of course a trillion other vitamins... Once I finish this bottle off I go!! I cant wait to start this new product. Thanks again for the tip!

Aggie

soonergirl, you are so welcomed. All the best with the new brand. I have taken both the powder and the pill.

The pills are a little huge and you have to take 6 of them a day (3 in the morning and 3 at night on an empty stomach).

The powder is an acquired taste so I will not be re-ordering the powder. I like to take my pills because I can't stand aweful tastes in my mouth.

soonergirl

Still taking, have missed a few days, and I have yet to add hyaluronic acid. But my skin is still good. Unknown if it benefits hair, as I take sooo many supplements. Hey Aggie how are you doing with collagen? Still great??

Aggie

Still taking, have missed a few days, and I have yet to add hyaluronic acid. But my skin is still good. Unknown if it benefits hair, as I take sooo many supplements. Hey @Aggie how are you doing with collagen? Still great??

Hi soonergirl, I have been off my vitamin, hair and skin game for over 6 weeks now. I have been very busy lately opening my own business from the ground up. It's been really tough on my available time for anything else. As soon as things slow down a bit, I will be back to doing everything like I used to. Right now, I'm just too tired to remember it all, lol!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I have collagen pills in my stash but those things are HUUUUUGE!!! I bypass the bottle with fear. :nono: I'd love to take it for my skin but, uh...I'm scurred. :nono:

Iluvsmuhgrass

The powder is definitely an acquired taste. I'm on my second container. I'm taking it primarily for joint and nerve health and it has made a big difference. My joint movements are more fluid and with little to no popping.

I have noticed that my nails have been growing in pretty quickly... I've been wearing them short and have had to trim more often. I haven't been paying attention to hair growth at all, just the health of it. I HAVE noticed more of the itchiness that I get prior to growth spurts so I'll have to report back after a few months of consistent use. :yep:

nysister

I have collagen pills in my stash but those things are HUUUUUGE!!! I bypass the bottle with fear. :nono: I'd love to take it for my skin but, uh...I'm scurred. :nono:

They might be chewable. I have really large ones from Puritan's Pride and they're hard to swallow sometimes, so I just chew it. I kind of like the chalky consistency. :look:

PureSilver

Updates anyone. I'm looking to start collagen thing to boost my skin and joints health. If I get a lion's mane in the process I would definitely be thankful for that.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
*Looks at @charmtreese's avi picture :notworthy:*

Hold on, hold on. Let me get my notes together...

Get collagen pills (avoid powder form) stat
Best with Vitamin C & hyaluronic acid
Take on an empty stomach 30 minutes before meals

Thank you ladies for your tips:nicethread:

ilong

God's Own
soonergirl, The results are amazing. I know that overall my body has changed. My skin has a constant glow and sometimes I don't even have to use lotion - it's so soft. My nails have improved greatly and grows long and strong if I don't keep them cut

My eyelashes are rowing in long as well... ...My lips used to get all choppy and peel incessantly, but I can't remember the last day, I had that problem. Of course I am on a very rigid vitamin regimen as well. I hardly miss taking them.

You may want to take the collagen with added vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. I just wished I had been taking collagen long years ago. HTH!

+1 to all of the above. I just got back on track 2 3 weeks ago and already see/feel the difference.

ilong

God's Own
Be sure to research products. Youtheory's product contradicts Neocell's recommendation for Collagen 2. (Bolded in red below)
Copy & Paste from: http://www.neocell.com/products-collagen-ha-120.php

Joint Relief Benefits that NeoCell's Collagen Type 2 provides:*

Collagen Type 2 provides essential nutrients for complete joint support. As we age, the body's ability to make the structural protein in cartilage tissue, Collagen Type 2, slows down. This is the protein needed to maintain and rebuild cartilage tissue. NeoCell's Collagen Type 2 is a naturally complete joint supplement that contains glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid which are key components of supporting and maintaining healthy joint function.*

Supports joint comfort and mobility may help with joint swelling Synovial fluid for joint cushioning.

Collagen: The Body's Anti-Aging Protein

Collagen supplementation is one of the most fundamental things a person can do to prevent premature aging and promote youthful vitality. Understanding Collagen begins with knowing that it is truly the glue that holds the body together; it is the building block for all our body's major systems.

Although abundant in our youth, the body's natural Collagen production typically slows at a rate of 1.5% per year after the age of 25. As this collagen production slows, the collagen fibers in the body become brittle and begin to break down resulting in many of the tell-tale signs of aging, such as loose, flaccid skin, wrinkles, ligament and tendon injuries and osteoarthritis. Super Collagen+C™ utilizes Collagen Types 1&3, which is 90% of the body’s total collagen supply and the main collagen constituents in the skin, hair, nails, ligaments, tendons, bones and muscles.*

Aging affects the body's collagen supply in two ways:

1) As we age, the body's ability to make collagen protein slows down, so there is insufficient new collagen for skin, joints and other parts of the body.

2) Collagen fibers lose their moist texture and become rigid.*

Collagen Type 2: The Cartilage Protein

Collagen Type 2 makes up 50% of all protein in cartilage and 85-90% of collagen in articular cartilage. The decrease in collagen production during the aging process often results in degradation of joint strength and health. This degradation is thought to be the reason that one out of every three Americans over the age of 60 suffers from Osteoarthritis.*

The Difference Between Collagen Type 1&3 and Collagen Type 2:

Scientific studies show that more than 90% of the collagen found in the body is Collagen Type 1&3. The protein composition consists of nineteen amino acids responsible for the growth and maintenance of the body with unusually high percentages of glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline, which are all found in the skin and muscle. Collagen Type 2 protein consists of eighteen amino acids, which amino acid profiles parallel the profile of the joint cartilage. Collagen Type 1&3 and Collagen Type 2 should not be combined due to the types having different amino acid profiles. If taken together, the two proteins will bind and form a complete protein and the body will not recognize it as collagen. It is recommended that if you want to take both sources of collagen protein, it should be done at least an hour apart.*

BUT --- Nutrawise makes Youtheory a Collagen 1, 2, 3 Advanced Formula Supplement.
http://www.costco.com/youtheory%E2%84%A2-Collagen-Advanced-Formula,-390-Tablets.product.11673449.html

Collagen is your body's key structural protein integrally involved in creating strong and healthy nails, hair, tendons, bones, muscle, and keeping your skin smooth. During our youth, collagen helps prevent wrinkles from forming, gives skin elasticity, helps create strong and thicker hair. In our early 20's collagen diminishes by about 1% per year. By the age of 30, the signs of collagen reduction have started to become visible. And the reduction in bones and joints begins to be felt. Collagen 1 & 3 are the main collagen types in connective tissue. Vitamin C assists the body in the manufacture of collagen, the protein that binds cells together and is the building block of connective tissues throughout the body. Collagen is critical to the formation and on going health of the skin, cartilage, ligaments and other bodily tissues and structures. Collagen Type 2 is a significant part of your body's cartilage with naturally occurring hyaluronic acid for joint cushioning and lubrication. Hyaluronic acid and collagen are vital structural components of the skin. Chondroitin sulfate, also naturally occurring, may provide anti-inflammatory support.

Nutrawise also makes Youtheory - Marine Collagen 1, 3 Supplement

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I've taken marine collagen for years but I want to switch once out of the bottle I have.

Aggie

I'm out of my bottle of collagen - thanks for bumping this thread to remind me to re-order my stash. Have you tried the Youtheory's brand @ilong? If so, what do you think of it?

ilong

God's Own
I'm out of my bottle of collagen - thanks for bumping this thread to remind me to re-order my stash. Have you tried the Youtheory's brand @ilong? If so, what do you think of it?
@Aggie - actually I have the Youtheory brand at my office as a back-up if I don't take the (NeoCell) collagen in the morning. Initially, I purchased both last year. After comparing the two bottles and reading about the collagens I was going to return the Youtheory and forgot to, so it became a back-up. Given the suggestion to not take Collagen 2 along with 1 and 3- my plan is to not re-purchase Youtheory.

julzinha

I've been taking NeoCell Super Collagen+C and NeoCell Beauty Infusion. I alternate between the two. I'm trying to see if I can improve the thickness.