Anyone taking Collagen supplement?

ilong

God's Own
@IDareT'sHair - thanks - we will keep each other inspired. :kiss: When I looked at my hair for the 10th time :shhh: this morning - I started thinking about the hair transplant option. BUT I just purchased a new vehicle and trying to replace that "savings withdrawal" so a $4-$6K expense will hamper that effort. However, seeing those two empty spots in my head is disturbing. The right side I can handle, the left side is very annoying. I have a vehicle I don't drive often, I think I may sell it - save on the ungodly insurance costs and license fees - use the funds for HAIR!!!! <lol>
I wish there was a non- surgical hair transplant procedure. Then I think with my age - should I - and in response to that I say - hecky yes!!! If people can have their eyes, nose face, butt lifted, boobs increased and sexual organs altered, I can certainly have my hair fixed.
Decisions, decision, decisions. Had I discovered LHCF 10 years ago it wouldn't even be a question - it would be done.

ilong

God's Own
I finally got my collagen and took my first dose today with 1000mg of vitamin C and 100mg of Hyaluronic acid on an empty stomach this morning and tonight. I am so happy to be back on them. They are awesome for my skin.

Just bought Collagen supplements from Whole Paycheck this week. Took the first dose this morning, about to take the second in a few minutes with a green smoothie.

@Aggie and @blackviolet - be careful not to take your collagen too late in the evenings or it will keep you up at night. It is protein and protein converts to energy , etc.......

Aggie

@Aggie and @blackviolet - be careful not to take your collagen too late in the evenings or it will keep you up at night. It is protein and protein converts to energy , etc.......

Thank you @ilong, but truth be told, I can drink a bucket of coffee at night and still fall asleep like a baby within an hour. It's a gift, lol. I took my collagen tonight at around 8:30 and I am sleepy as hell. In fact, I think I need to head to bed right about now anyway - I'm very sleepy. Good night ladies.

ilong

God's Own
@Aggie - <lol> I'm the same with coffee - but if I drink a cup of tea with caffeine at 9:00 in the morning, I won't bed able to sleep for 2-3 days. Tea has a much higher content of caffeine - and with coffee - the cream decreases caffeine's affect on me. MSM and protein supplements, keeps me up at night if I take them too late in the evening.

Aggie

I went ahead and ordered the Twinlab Collagen II from www.vitacost.com today to help further with my shoulder pain. It is better than the collagen 1,3 for cartilage health. I will be taking them all together. Hopefully my shoulders will feel better after taking them. I mean I do some killer push ups and I would hate for my progress to suffer now.

Aggie

2 weeks of collagen and already my skin is starting to look quite yummy. The pain in my left shoulder has decreased significantly and my right shoulder is feeling slightly better. I'm impressed with such fast results and I'm not even done with one bottle yet. In fact, I've only been taking half the daily serving so far but I will increase it to the full dosage maybe on the weekend.

CodeRed

2 weeks of collagen and already my skin is starting to look quite yummy. The pain in my left shoulder has decreased significantly and my right shoulder is feeling slightly better. I'm impressed with such fast results and I'm not even done with one bottle yet. In fact, I've only been taking half the daily serving so far but I will increase it to the full dosage maybe on the weekend.

Are you taking all the stuff mentioned in this post

I finally got my collagen and took my first dose today with 1000mg of vitamin C and 100mg of Hyaluronic acid on an empty stomach this morning and tonight. I am so happy to be back on them. They are awesome for my skin.

with it too or are you just referring to the Twinlab you bought?

LABETT

I noticed the Neocell brand has added Biotin 5mcg this year to the tablets and my results are better so I dont have to purchase Biotin tabs.
Drinking plenty of water helps and taking my Alive Ultrapontency multivitamins has really helped my hair health.

PureSilver

Oooh please do update im having the same issue with skin and weight loss.

Actually this whole thread is a great reminded I have a full bottle of that expensive arse Neo Cell I need to use up.

If your beef collagen works well then I'll leave Neo Cell.
@DarkJoy or you can give it to me

ilong

God's Own
I noticed the Neocell brand has added Biotin 5mcg this year to the tablets and my results are better so I dont have to purchase Biotin tabs.
Drinking plenty of water helps and taking my Alive Ultrapontency multivitamins has really helped my hair health.

@LABETT - not sure if you noticed. 5mcg is only half (50%) of one milligram and isn't very much. 5000mcg = 5mg.

maxineshaw

After reading this thread I went to the vitamin shoppe and bought some BioCell Collagen 2 with hyaluronic acid. I mainly want it for my joints. I bought some msm to help with the pain I've been experiencing in my knee, but the only thing it's done is seriously diminish my menstraul cramps (not that I'm complaining). Hopefully this will work, and if it makes my skin look better I won't complain about it.

ilong

God's Own
After reading this thread I went to the vitamin shoppe and bought some BioCell Collagen 2 with hyaluronic acid. I mainly want it for my joints. I bought some msm to help with the pain I've been experiencing in my knee, but the only thing it's done is seriously diminish my menstraul cramps (not that I'm complaining). Hopefully this will work, and if it makes my skin look better I won't complain about it.

@Anonymous53 - if you have frequent swelling (inflammation) in your knee you will most likely get a lot of relief from the pain by taking an anti-inflammatory.
I like natural alternatives such as turmeric, green tea, ginger, rosemary, cat's claw, devil's claw, and willow bark. Ginger and green tea are my number one anti-inflammatories. Turmeric is rated as the best - but I can't seem to acquire the taste. HTH

PureSilver

I started taking the vitacost brand of collagen 6600mg yesterday. Good lord it smells horribly fishy. I added it to some fish tea I was drinking yesterday, my first time and all I can say is, I will NEVER do that again. I'll be watching to see if it does any good for me.

I compared the ingredients of the Neocell brand to the Vitacost brand and the % of all ingredients is a little higher in the vitacost brand. I also read the reviews for Neocell brand on vitacost website, many of the reviews had a positive note; and while there are no reviews for the vitacost brand I'm thinking I may very well experience some benefits to say the least based on the fact that the percentage of ingredients is higher and it is similar in smell and taste when compared to the Neocell brand.

PureSilver

I wish I could provide honest feedback but I started taking it on Friday and I take 1 teaspoon daily because the taste is so unpleasant.