Anyone taking Collagen supplement?

Fine 4s

What skin issues did you have before and what else are you taking? Also, how long before you noticed results? Thanks for the feedback!

ilong

God's Own
Praise God - I haven't had any skin issues (except a bump on my arm and leg). I don't use product on my skin - I cleanse my skin daily and use Vitamin C serum (retin A and skin peels occasionally) and my skin is very clear and smooth. As such I don't have acne, pimples, wrinkles, crow's feet, smile (frown) lines, etc. and I get compliments on my skin (almost daily) and I'm frequently asked what I use on my face. I was at my (derm/cosmetic surgeon) doctor's office recently and two of the nurses complimented me on my skin. Perhaps my skin would look significantly better if I used a lot of product, but there is a greater chance that it wouldn't (breakouts and sensitivity). Not to mention the expense! I believe without a doubt that my supplements are the greatest contributor to the condition of my skin.

I've posted by supplement arsenal before - but here it is:
HSN Vitamin
Neocell Collagen
Biotin
B-Complex
Bamboo Silica
Chlorella
Spirulina
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
MSM

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@ilong

I'm trying to decide which Hair Supplement to use in 2016. I've loved taking Phytophanere this year.

I am trying to decide now if I will stick with them or try something different for 2016.

Maybe the Phytospecific or something different? I still have a few months to decide.

charmtreese

@Fine 4s

I think both of their posts are in this particular thread (upthread), where they described the great results of their skin, hair, nails, joints.

Hopefully, they will come back in here and post @Aggie @charmtreese

Yes, I love collagen! I’ve taken several different brands throughout the year but it’s a must in my vitamin/supplement regimen. I find that when I take collagen, my skin (all over) is tighter. Even though I don’t work out as often as I should, I’ve noticed skin tightening effects from taking collagen. Also, I have Baker’s Cyst and at times I experience discomfort from that, however taking collagen supplements have pretty much done away with all aches and pains. Now, when I do workout I still get the post workout aches (primarily because I wait too long between my workouts)…but they are nowhere near as annoying as they use to before Collagen.

As for my hair...well, I do take other vitamins and supplements and I’m always doing and trying new products so it’s hard to pin point exactly where the collagen is helping with my hair. But I can say this…I feel like Collagen is a little fountain of youth…I think that it helps with keeping my hair strong ( I have really fine strands), moisturized, and at 37 I don’t have 1 grey strand (and no I don’t use color)!

On the regular I also take: Women’s 1 a day gummies, Iron, garlic, and Phytophanere (currently on my month off with the phyto).

ilong

God's Own
@IDareT'sHair - I have quite a supply of Nature's Bounty HSN - so I'm going to use those up to the end. I will more than likely go back to Viviscal. I hate to admit it but I think it did help with growth, in conjunction with sulfur based oil applications and oral supplements.
It's weird but the ingredients didn't seem to much different than other supplements -(https://www.longhaircareforum.com/t...ments-ingredient-thread.710505/#post-19310147 )

@PureSilver - I don't smell anything with my Neocell but that could be due to the overwhelming (seaweed) smell of my Spirulina

PureSilver

@IDareT'sHair - I have quite a supply of Nature's Bounty HSN - so I'm going to use those up to the end. I will more than likely go back to Viviscal. I hate to admit it but I think it did help with growth, in conjunction with sulfur based oil applications and oral supplements.
It's weird but the ingredients didn't seem to much different than other supplements -(https://www.longhaircareforum.com/t...ments-ingredient-thread.710505/#post-19310147 )

@PureSilver - I don't smell anything with my Neocell but that could be due to the overwhelming (seaweed) smell of my Spirulina
I've taken spiraling in the past and it's nothing compared to the vitacost collagen. I really want to find a way to mask the unpleasant smell.

ilong

God's Own
I've taken spiraling in the past and it's nothing compared to the vitacost collagen. I really want to find a way to mask the unpleasant smell.
If Vitacost Collagen smells worst than spirulina - that is pretty bad and a big problem!

leleepop

I might have already posted on here before, but I take neo cell sometimes and I like the results. People comment positively on my skin a lot too, and It does good for my hair when I use it. I just don't like the taste so that what always gets me, I do better with wheat germ.

I love Asian beauty secrets though, because I remember when I was in my 20s a beautiful Asian woman worked in a nail shop closed to where I worked. She was 40 and when I say she look every bit of a early 20 year old. That showed me your can still be very youthful at 40, and I'd never seen anyone like that was encouraging for me. I like Asian beauty book and secrets. They know a lot about skin care. hth

Adgirl

I took neo cell powder for about two month. My face glowed! I liked it a lot but it messed up my cycle. Aunt Flo did not come until a week after I stopped using it! I'm kind of scared to start it again :(

snoop

I started taking some this week. I'm not a fan of the smell. (Smells like silk peptide powder to me.) It leaved me kind of buzzed after. I hope my system gets used to it and the feeling goes away.

snoop

I've been taking it for about a week, but tonight is the first time that I've taken it earlier in the evening instead of before bed. I'm not sure if it was keeping me up or if I was just hooked on checking this site before bed. I'll update tomorrow on if the timing has made a difference.

snoop

I think I like taking it a couple of hours before bed better. I feel like I was more inclined to sleep and possibly better rested.

ElizaBlue

I take Neocell 1 & 3 for hair and nails, and 2 for joints and ligaments. My hair is more dense with less breakage, my nails are finally growing out, and I have less generalized aches and pains!

How are you taking this...like 1&3 with 2 at different times? I'm going to order from Amazon.

ElizaBlue

@MzNaturalcurl82 - the beef gelatin appears to be a fantastic product. 90% protein is amazing. If I weren't taking supplements high in protein, I would consider the gelatin.

My bff just had the gastric bypass and needs to really stay on her protein. I will tell her about this one.

ElizaBlue

@IDareT'sHair - thanks - we will keep each other inspired. :kiss: When I looked at my hair for the 10th time :shhh: this morning - I started thinking about the hair transplant option. BUT I just purchased a new vehicle and trying to replace that "savings withdrawal" so a $4-$6K expense will hamper that effort. However, seeing those two empty spots in my head is disturbing. The right side I can handle, the left side is very annoying. I have a vehicle I don't drive often, I think I may sell it - save on the ungodly insurance costs and license fees - use the funds for HAIR!!!! <lol>
I wish there was a non- surgical hair transplant procedure. Then I think with my age - should I - and in response to that I say - hecky yes!!! If people can have their eyes, nose face, butt lifted, boobs increased and sexual organs altered, I can certainly have my hair fixed.
Decisions, decision, decisions. Had I discovered LHCF 10 years ago it wouldn't even be a question - it would be done.

What are the empty spots from? If not Alopecia you might try massaging the area with honey and olive oil. I damaged my hair trying to press it myself but started doing weekly overnights with honey, olive oil, and ACV and now I have two afro puffs growing down the nape of my neck and next to my ears. The first anomaly I noticed was that I was getting what felt like scalp hair on my edges...you know it's different (hair that grows at the top of your head vs edges) and then it continued and started coming in all around my hairline.
2.jpg

ElizaBlue

I might have already posted on here before, but I take neo cell sometimes and I like the results. People comment positively on my skin a lot too, and It does good for my hair when I use it. I just don't like the taste so that what always gets me, I do better with wheat germ.

I love Asian beauty secrets though, because I remember when I was in my 20s a beautiful Asian woman worked in a nail shop closed to where I worked. She was 40 and when I say she look every bit of a early 20 year old. That showed me your can still be very youthful at 40, and I'd never seen anyone like that was encouraging for me. I like Asian beauty book and secrets. They know a lot about skin care. hth

Yep I'm a believer. My acupuncturist has clued me in to Eastern health supplements and why our western meds are not fixing anything but making it worse.