Anyone taking Collagen supplement?

Aggie

I'm still using Neocell but I have a bottle of the pipingrock.com brand to use when that's done, so I'll see how that one goes. I also bought pipingrock's hyaluronic acid and vitamin C to take with it. These work very well together.

Gr8ness83

I recently bought Agar Agar and mix it in my coffee. The hotter the beverage, the better it dissolves. Agar Agar is a vegetable gelatin. I was thinking of getting beef gelatin but decided on Agar Agar since I want to try to make my own gummy vitamins. I had tried taking some gummy hair vitamins but they did not specify if it was pork gelatin or not (it probably was) so I am looking up recipes and planning on making my own at some point. Until then, I mix the agar agar in my coffee.
From what I have read, agar agar is used in Japan for weight management so that is cool. The agar ager has prevented me from eating a lot, it makes me feel full.
I mix pure marine collagen in 16oz of water and let it sit until fully dissolved. There is no residual taste from the marine collagen and I definitely feel a difference in my shoulder, which I will have to have surgery on.
I began taking them to benefit my hair and skin so the fact that they are helping my joints is awesome.

Daina

I had to stop taking them and the HA as my body kept reacting and when I started eliminating things to see what it was it ended up being the Collagen and HA. I think I was just taking too many things. I will revisit in the future

melisandre

I started taking Neocell Collagen on morning Tuesday. My stomach was upset yesterday (first part of the day) and today. I think it's the collagen, because my diet hasn't changed. I'll skip tomorrow morning's dose and see if that makes a difference.

ilong

God's Own
@melisandre sorry to hear about your experience with Collagen. If it turns out to be the collagen I hope you can find a comparable replacement that doesn't cause you discomfort. Good luck!

PureSilver

I ordered Neocell with HA and it was delivered in 2 days. I haven't started it yet because I wanted to do a colon cleanse and body detox first so all that I now take can be absorbed properly and my body gets the full benefits.

For my detox I'm going to be using: Triple Leaf Tea Detox
Health Plus Super Colon cleanse Powder

Embyra

I used neocell and had strangers coming up to me staring and asking what do I use on my skin.

I am trying two different brands this time Meiji and garden of life.

Last edited:

Hairties

Just bought Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen. It’s been about 4 days.I will try to remain consistent for at least a month.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Bumping! :bump:

I have been supplementing collagen for the past several weeks.
I started because it was part of a Bulletproof coffee recipe from the Bulletproof brand site I was using and decided to continue.

I wanted to learn more about the benefits of taking collagen, and it was right up my alley.

I walk for exercise. One of my knees and my right ankle would bother me when I walk for long periods of time, so I started to wear a knee and an ankle brace to help me achieve my daily step goals. Because collagen supports the joints, skin, and hair, I jumped right in.

I take the Bulletproof brand, and last week I started the Vital Proteins brand (the one in the blue canister that Jennifer Aniston promotes), both unflavored. Also, my diet is majority vegetarian, so I needed to supplement my B12. Between the collagen and the B12, the hair and nail issues I've been experiencing will improve.

So far, I add the recommended serving to my coffee and keto creamer each morning and will start adding it to tea when I have it.
Both brands dissolve well; however, the Vital Proteins brand dissolves more clear. The Bulletproof one tastes better in a Bulletproof coffee, so I may use that brand when preparing a BP coffee.

It's still too soon to see the results in my hair and skin. My skin already benefits from my skincare (I use Drunk Elephant products). But I can feel the difference in my joints already! I haven't had to use my braces when I walk; no more pain and discomfort.
I'm pleased about that!