Anyone taking vitamins or supplements for your hair?

Anyone taking vitams or supplements for your hair?

• Yes, religiously!

Votes: 232 60.1%
  • Yes, when I remember

Votes: 134 34.7%
  • No, they don't seem to work

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • No, they cost too much

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • No, I don't need to

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarahh.

At the moment I'm taking a multivitamin once a day and a Herron Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin twice a day.

StarFish106

Currently I am taking

Biotin- 3,000-5,000 mcg
B12 Complex
Calcium
*Hydrolyzed Collagen
*Silica
Iron occasionally

* helps soften m new growth and I can stretch longer + good for my face

hillytmj

I voted, yes, religiously.

I take a nioxin hair vitamin, a Geritol multivitamin and a B-12 complex vitamin that's supposed to be good for neutralizing the effects of daily stress. My stylist recommended the B-12 a while back when I was experiencing shedding. I normally take them in the morning with my breakfast or mid-morning snack.

ebzonix

I stopped when I was getting ready for tests my senior year. I need to get back on them though. I'll be taking those GNC Nourish Hair, Vitaminworld Hair Vitamins, Biotin and MSM. I want to try that flaxseed & gueye though.

gloomgeisha

I'm currently taking Viactiv Multi-Vitamin Chew (tastes like a power bar), A Hair-Skin- Nail vitamin, and L-Cysteine.

I'm looking to add Lysine, Biotin, and Calcium.

hairdrama:{

I take these when I remember although I was very faithful to them:

Biotin
Ultimate 10 Probiotic
Ultra Nourish Hair
Organic Flax seed oil
Amino 1000
Evening Primrose Oil
Pure MSM (powder)

Now, I'm on Iron and Folic Acid as the dotor prescibed it :ohwell: but I gatta get back to the others + my exercise routine, maybe starting this month.

lennet93

GNC Hair Skin and Nails
GNC B12 500mg
Puritans Pride Biotin 2000mcg

I want to start taking msm but I'm kind of nervous about taking it

Last edited:

livesoundtech

I take my vitamins religiously and even keep them neatly organized in one of those pill cases.

I take:

- a multivitamin with Iron
- Biotin 5000mcg
- Calcium 600mg
- Vitamin C 500mg

The biotin, which I added on September 9th, have caused tremendous growth... literally a half inch in 3 weeks. I know exactly how much it grows because I can measure my roots (I *used to* dye my hair often). Previously, I would get about a half inch in 3 months time.

I considered adding MSM, but I can't swallow pills and I haven't found a chewable or sublingual supplement. I also don't think I need MSM... the biotin seems to be working just fine. :yawn:

livesoundtech

GNC Hair Skin and Nails
GNC B12 500mg
Puritans Pride Biotin 2000mg

I want to start taking msm but I'm kind of nervous about taking it

Yeah, I'm also pretty nervous about MSM. Something about it worries me... I'm almost afraid my hair will fall out or something!

LadyPaniolo

Yes! :yep: Without fail. I take Biotin, B-complex (so I don't get the dreaded Biotin breakout) and Vitamins for the Hair from Puritan's Pride. Works for me. :grin:

lennet93

Yea, I'm worried about the breakouts. I don't have any breakouts with biotin. Also I hear that MSM messes up your cycle and I don't need that.

Yeah, I'm also pretty nervous about MSM. Something about it worries me... I'm almost afraid my hair will fall out or something!

2themax

I've been taking the MSM and it seems to grow my hair. The pills are a bit big, but I don't seem to be having any problems (knock on wood)....:drunk: Why do you think MSM might cause your hair to fall out? Just curious.

Last edited:

Glamorous_chic

i was taking prenatal vitamins, b complex, and 5000mcg biotin, i just started taking a hair/skin multivitamin that has 3000mcg of biotin, and a b complex. i noticed that my nails were starting to become very brittle also, and i recently started breaking out along my chin area, and recently realized that it was probably the biotin, since i never break out in that area. thanks!

thaidreams

I'm taking Phyto for Hair & Nails, Garlic Pills, 365 one a day from Whole Foods, and I'm about to go out and buy some Flaxseed/borage/fish oil today!

ycj

Yes I take mine every day for my health and my hair, but my nails are benefitting tremendously!!!!

I take Folic Acid 400mg just started today
spirulina 750mg 15.00 The best of the best by far!!!!
L-cysteine 500mg
msm 1000mg
Sometimes Futurbiotics hair, skin and nails
Also, just started about 4 days ago the wheat germ cocktail. It's tolerable, but takes some getting use to.
The great benefit of the wheat germ cocktail is that it is a great substitute for breakfast. And it holds me for hours

Now only if my hair would grow as fast as my nails, I would be screaming!!:lachen:

mistee11

I want to buy the GNC Ultra For Women but right now my budget won't allow it. My granddaughter's mom uses these vitamins and she went from Halle Berry cut to chin length bob in about 4 months. I asked her what was she doing to get such great growth and she told me that she was taking these vitamins.

PuffyBrown

Sure do.

Daily
Morning - 1 Nioxin; Biotin 5000 mg capsule; 1 Super B-Complex
Evening - 2 Rexall, Hair, Skin, & Nails, L-Cysteine 500 mg. Vitamin C 1000mg.

Hair Cocktail: A drink that consists of: Eggs, Wheat germ oil, Flax seed oil, Raw Wheat germ, soy milk

I take other supplements for other things, but this is what I take for my hair.

danigurl18

I currently take a multi, flaxseed, horsetail, l-cysteine, vitamin c, vitamin b with c, grapeseed extract, and cranberry.

2themax

I am taking 5,000 mcg of biotin, 2,000 mg of msm, folic acid, vitamin c,multi , probiotic acidopholus, flaxseed oil, alfalfa tablets.

Do you think the Alfalfa tabs are doing any good? As a kid, there was this man in our neighborhood who used to always say to us kids, "Ooh look at y'all - you-re growing just like alfalfa weeds!":lachen:I guess that must mean that alfalfa grows pretty long?

2themax

Thank you- the biosil drops is a liquid form of silica it helps you generate collagen and promotes healthy hair, skin, nails, bones and joints
remember the biotin I take is 5 MG not MCG. 5 MG (which is the same as 5000 mcg) is the highest I've seen so far in my neck of the woods and it gives 1667% of the daily value. Long time ago in harlem, They had 10,000 mcg, but I don't see those any more. I used to get like 1000 mcg, like I was doin somethin, then I realized they had higher dosages.

You're right! I was thinking mcg's (duh).

Thanks for all the info!:yep:

2themax

Natrol Hair, Skin, and Nails
Biotin 5000mcg
L-Cystine 500mg
Omega 3 2000mcg
Vit-C 2000mcg

I just orderd some MSM should arrive next week. Ive had to stop taking my vits for the last 3 days because I just got my wisdom teeth removed and I'm on anti-biotics and pain killers right now. :-( My skin has gotten much better and my hair is growing well.

Lady, the hair is just gorgeous. I didn't know you could get L-Cystine by itself. I thought it was only in the form of amino acids all together. Lol.

2themax

**Vitamin Regimen**
~One-a-day womens (overall health multivitamin)
~GNC's Ultra Nourishair (good hair vitamin)
~MSM 1000mg (important for healthly hair, muscles, and joints; it helps to decrease hair fall out by assisting in lengthening the growth stage of the hair.)~
~Flaxseed Oil (contains omega 3 and 6)
~Biotin (boost hair growth)

Great growth!!