ANYONE TRY MOTIONS RECIPE FOR HAIR BREAKAGE?

debyjay

The Motions website suggests the CPR washes with no poo for 32 days I think. The recipe also calls for the wrap lotion which I never use and a few other products, I think their oil and such. My other question is do I really have to use the wrap lotion and can I substitute their hairdressing for mango butter which I love? Most of all has this recipe worked for anyone on this board?
TIA I really need your help.

KinksnCurlz

I tried this back in March. Initially, on the first 4 washings with the CPR I noticed no more breakage. After that, it seemed as if it no longer worked so after about 2 1/2- 3 weeks I gave it up and never used the product again. I did try the foam wrap...once... but like a fool I thought that I could wet wrap all my hair and sit under the dome dryer. My hair was very upset with me after that
. Overall, did not like the CPR but I think I liked the lotion, it left my hair feeling pretty good (if i recall correctly). HTH

debyjay

Thanks honee. I am getting a lot of new growth and with it a lot of breakage so I guess I wont be seeing any length in spite of all this new growth.

KinksnCurlz

I use the aphogee treatment and my hair breakage has definately decreased tenfold. I follow it with the aphogee balancing moisturizer *VERY IMPORTANT* and a deep conditioner. Than my usual suspects for leave-in conditioners. That has always worked when it came to breakage/shedding. I use this every 4-6 weeks regardless of my hair status. I also use keraphix (lite protein) every other week and follow that with my deep conditioner as well. Just a little something extra that I do. My hair has never been happier.

EmeraldSky

Sort of. I started out with conditioning washes every day and doing the Motion's CPR every 4 days just like they recommend. After 2 weeks my hair wasn't really feeling the conditioner washes so I started washing every 4-5 days w/ shampoo and used the CPR, I will be using the motion's recipe except I will be using shampoo when I wash. I am almost positive that it was the CPR that gave me the results I got with my last wash. My hair was incredibly shiny and soft afterwards and I had almost no breakage, I barely needed any moisturizer during the week. I also used Keracare's humecto conditioner after the CPR to ensure moisture since the CPR does have some amount of protein.

debyjay

Thanks Sky I may try that, I have been doing some form of protein or the other since my last relaxer at the end of May so I was leery about doing the Aphogee treatment -- that's pretty strong right Honee? I'm going to do the CPR shampoo with it. Thanks guys. Like I said in a previous post my hair is growing and shiny and bouncy it's just that I get a lot of breakage.

diamond_nh

I started this on the first. But I had to e-mail the motions "expert" because they said that it is 32 days without washing and when I wrote out the schedule it would be more like 36 days. I have the aphogee but I am kind of trying to psych myself up to using it lol. Even when I bought it the woman at Sally's was like be careful and don't manipulate your hair at all because she knew someone who did this and their hair just broke off. Maybe I will do the Aphogee next week because I don't think I am going to make it that long with out shampoo.