Anyone use cocoa butter in their hair?

This morning I was scrambling for something to moisten my front hair... it was back in a natural pony... I couldn't find what I usually use (my dog had hid it... don't laugh, he does this a lot)
I have the palmers cocoa butter and I just dug my hand it, rubbed my hands together and slathered that mess in, threw on a satin wrap, and left...
when I took it off before I walked in, my hair wasn't GODLY or anything but its still sitting down and no frizzies, and its not dry yet... usually I get dry by now if I don't use the right product (shea butter with curlz whipped has been my best bet for that)
So, has anyone used pure cocoa butter in their hair and seen any lovely goodness? I am curious to pursue now that I made this discovery today.

Neith

I've thought about it... seems like it's able to penetrate the hair. It has a lot of saturated fat just like coconut oil.

I don't want to smell like it though!

IrisDaVirus

I know a chick who used Palmer's cocoa butter after she did her big chop February 2008. It worked pretty good for her but she said the buildup got to be too much after a while. I know once her hair really started growing out she quit using it.

Last edited:
I've thought about it... seems like it's able to penetrate the hair. It has a lot of saturated fat just like coconut oil.

I don't want to smell like it though!

LOL i don't like the way palmers smells, but the pure cocoa butter...
SO has a hard time keepin his hands off me when I moisturize (skin) with that... he says I smell like chocolate cake (liar) :lachen: