Anyone use Dr. Miracle's Hair Gro products?

Has anyone used Dr. Miracle's hair gro products? If so, which one did you use and what were your results?

If you haven't used the products but know something that really works to stimulate the scalp and nourish the hair follicle for growth please let us know.

Thanks,
winniebread

YoungWavey

I have used the Hot Gro treatment which was good i still it once in a while:yep:. I also tried their perm No lye that was pretty good it made my hair shiny without burning my scalp off:yep:. I didn't like the scalp oil :wallbash: though is was soo sticky :sad:in my hair even when i just used a little it was still sticky. My scalp felt so greasy i had to wash it out. HTH

Amber_moon

I have. I used the temple and nape gro balm.... and it was working fine until after about a week I started noticing burn marks on my face near my temple.

I had chemical burns all over my skin from it.

I can upload photos of it if you want.

CORBINS

I use the braid spray, just don't appeciate the smell too much. It really stimulates the scalp and keeps itchies at bay.

kittenz

I will never use...

Dr. Miracle anything!!! (I have never worn gloves when I relax my hair, neverhad to:ohwell: and I like to be able to feel the texture of my hair as it's being relaxed especially when trying something new. Anyway, that crap had my hand peeling for weeks (2)!!!:mad: And what's worse the relaxed did nothing!!! I left it on for 25 minutes and my hair was just as nappy as when I started only MUCH drier. I should have known when I saw the lady on the box had a weave.:perplexed )

Motions anything. (they all make my hair hard:ohwell: )

Spritz

I quoted this from another thread about products I will never use again. (Yes I'm lazy).:look: Although this was the only product I tried from their line it was enough to scare me off completely.

kittenz

I have. I used the temple and nape gro balm.... and it was working fine until after about a week I started noticing burn marks on my face near my temple.

I had chemical burns all over my skin from it.

I can upload photos of it if you want.

This is exactly what I was talking about but I hand chemical burns on my hands and the skinned peeled off.

I'd like to see pics.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I used their Deep conditioner and their cream a long time ago.
It did nothing for my hair, and what's worse is my father told me I stunk and kicked me out of his room for it! LMAO!

neenee280

i've heard nothing but bad things about Dr. Miracle. I have a male friend that used it (long 3c hair) and he said it tore his hair up! I also remember seeing a thread about how someone's sister used it and her hair was broken off if I am not mistaken. Buyer beware is what i am thinking..:perplexed

lizjoseph

I agree with the above. I've only heard bad things about Dr. Miracle products. There are so many other products out there to try. Don't waste your money. I doubt that many people can be wrong about the same brand. I'll see if I can find some of the threads for you about it.

hothair

My sister burned her scalp and lost the hair along her hairline using some sort of oil from Dr Miracle, her always full hairline has only just grown in fully (this happened Dec) :nono:

Amber_moon

This is exactly what I was talking about but I hand chemical burns on my hands and the skinned peeled off.

I'd like to see pics.

this is two weeks after the initial burn. I don't want to post the initial burn photos here... they are really gross... this is what it looked like after it began to heal.

Treasure2k6

I used to use there No Lye relaxer which I thought was ok.:yep: I also used the Hot Gro Oil and liked the way it made my scalp tingle. Speakin of Tingle the Shampoo was very tingly and refreshing. Now, what made me a bit leary of this line was at the same time I was using it, my hair got very very damaged!

I am not sure (now that I think about it) if it was the Dr Miracle's or the highlights that made my hair take a turn for the worst:think: .......or could it have been a comination of both. Once I stopped using it and learned about other products that were more compatible with my hair, I left it alone.

Brownie518

I used the Temple & Nape Balm and I noticed my skin starting to peel so I stopped using it right away. :nono:

For stimulation, www.hair2heaven.com has some excellent oils. She is closed for August but 9/1 she is back, I believe. The Lenzi's Request oil is also great, at www.sunriseproductsonline.com. HTH

chellero

Wife Supremacist
A friend told me that it was a miracle that she had any hair left after she used that stuff. I'd skip it.

Gee M.

Gosh, you guys just saved me. I had been thinking of trying it for a while. I'm glad I waited. Thank you for your honesty.

aloof one

I know I should feel guilty for even talking about it...

But my sister and I have been fighting, and my whole life shes made fun of me over my hair because it was thicker than hers and never lays down (which is why I used to think it was a BAD thing! :perplexed) and here she was cutting her hair off with braids on accident and overrelaxing and just plain not washing for weeks...

Well this summer she treated me particularly bad...

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I feel like she sorta got what she deserved...:rolleyes:

.... she bought that Temple Nape Growth Balm. it TORE HER SCALP UP!:lachen: Everyday I would smell that stuff burning in my bathroom and down the hall, and on my headbands she borrowed. She should have known better than to be putting that acid on everyday... and there she was one day with patches and chunks of SKIN MISSING on her edges and ears. I wanted to be mean and say she earned it, but I just kinda politely asked what happened. She said she didn't know... we both knew.

danigurl18

they were giving out these products during my homecoming this weekend... let me pray for those that got them...

Solitude

I use the gro-oil. I like the way it tingles my scalp, but I hate the smell. I have been using it as a pre-poo the night before a wash or salon visit to get rid of it.

I used the relaxer once, a long time ago, like when the brand first came out & I didn't like it. It's funny...some people swear by Dr. Miracles, but a lot of people hate it. I would say just try one product at a time, but not the relaxer unless you find that the brand works for you.

Nita_h

My mother use the whole line. Prior she was using dark and lovely for over 20 year. Dr. Miracle's does wonders for her hair and it grew a lot. After seeing her hair I tried it but it made my hair feel very hard. Whatever works for you I guess

hurricane

Please use something else!!!! I do not like this product. I bought some kind of deep conditioner. It did nothing but tingle on my scalp. Who knows what is in this stuff. Too much of this a little bit of that. Ohhhh..... I'm getting mad just thinking about how I wasted my money:wallbash:

shetara20

Well.... i liked how the dr. miracles hot gro made my hair tingle. I also used to use the temple and nape gro that helped my edges gro back, but i had to quit it because of the smell! But whatever works for u!!!!

jerjer29

i used the 'feel it' formula, like the grease or whatever. and i'd lightly grease my hair, i think it worked.

With doctor miracles i've learned it's always either a hit or miss. either it works for you or it doesn't.