Anyone used Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment???

moriahar

About a month ago I was shopping for conditioner and picked up the Aphogee Balancing Moisture Conditioner. It was packaged with the 2 Step Protein Treatment(for use every 6 weeks).

I have yet to do any real Protein Treatment but I know I should. I'm sort of nervous about using such a strong product.

I know that many of you mention the Aphogee 2 minute Protein( the every 2 week one) but has anyone been brave enough to use the hard core treatment?

baddison

natural for good
I use mild proteins weekly, so I find that my hair is never really in need of anything stronger. Looking forward to some more responses. Especially interested in learning when/why/under what circumstances would one use a stronger protein treatment, anyway.

msa

Lots of people use the 2 step...if you do a quick search on google lots of threads come up. (Type in aphogee 2 step site:longhaircareforum.com)

ceebee3

I use it every 6 weeks and the week before my relaxer. I love it. It strenghthens my hair and eliminates any breakage. I started to use it to stop breakage in its tracks, I keep using it to prevent any breakage.

The balancing moisturizer that Aphogee recommends to use after is crap, I would use a very good moisturizing deep conditioner with heat afterwards.

sheedahp

I just did it today. I started using Aphogee about 10yrs ago. I was having some really bad breakage problems and I called a salon and she told me she would do a treatment for 25 dollars. So i went to Sally's and bought the whole kit and my breakage problems were gone instantly. Its suggested about every 6 weeks, I dnt do it that often but I am planning to add it to my regime. Its the only treatment I use when I notice breakage. I do agree that the balancing moisturizer is a waist. I did a dc with Elasta QP DPR-11 with heat.

LushLox

I don't use it that often, I only use it if I feel I really need it, and I haven't done for some time now. I use a strong ish protein every month with a lighter protein every other week. This keeps my hair feeling strong and healthy.

moriahar

I use it every 6 weeks and the week before my relaxer. I love it. It strenghthens my hair and eliminates any breakage. I started to use it to stop breakage in its tracks, I keep using it to prevent any breakage.

The balancing moisturizer that Aphogee recommends to use after is crap, I would use a very good moisturizing deep conditioner with heat afterwards.

Thanks for this info especially about the Balancing Moisture. I tried using it once as a regular conditioner but it didn't seem to do anything. I just figured it was to be used specifically with the Protein Treatment. I think I'll file both of these away for the time being and try the lightweight protein. If that does nothing for me, then I'll give the hardcore stuff a try (with a good dc).

Jaffa

I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I have natural hair and had just taken down braids and was about to go to the salon for it to be straightened. The salon owner had recommended a treatment before straightening but said my hair was in good condition (except a few split ends :ohwell:) so he didn't give me an extra treatment
I would definately recommend it

Mwenye_Heri

I use the 2 step treatment. It is in my staples, pre LHCF I use to do the treatment every 2 weeks because my mom would tell me to do it before I got my natural hair pressed out, along with the glosser (don't know exactly what that does) and my stylist would always tell me my hair felt like butter and she needed to know what I was treating my hair with.

Now I use it after I take my hair out of braids, weaves, whatever I make sure that is one of the first things that I turn to prevent breakage and to make my hair stronger. I do agree with the others, the moisturizer that comes with it is crap, you would do better by getting the .99c packs of deep conditioner that the BSS sells by the cash register.

my1goodnerve

I use the two step. I generally wear braids, and I do the treatment once I take my braids down like Mwenye Heri explained. I also follow up with a good dc under my heat cap or hair dryer- not the conditioner that came with the protein treatment. I have always been pleased with the results and it's one of my staples. I have natural hair, but it's soft and fine so I like to use anything I can to give it some strength

mscocoface

I have used the 2 step as directed and also added olive oil in it and put a conditioner cap on my head and let it sit for a good 2-3 hours.

I prefer the method with the oil better but in a pinch will follow the instructions as noted on the bottle.

nymane

When I started taking care of my hair back in Feb. I was using the 2-step treatment every 4 weeks, but since my hair has recovered from a lot of breakage, I only use it when my hair tells me to (which is about 8 weeks). However, I do use light/medium protein treatments in between.