Anyone Used Sally's GVP Version of Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner?

Libra08

I love Giovanni Direct Leave-In as a moisturizer, but at $8.00 a bottle that I go through every two weeks, I don't know how long this love affair will last. I need something to help me stretch this Giovanni out. I want PM the Conditioner because I Sally's has that coupon for buy 2 get one free. Has anyone tried the GVP version of Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner? How did you like it? Was it moisturizing enough? I'm natural, and I have a lot of hair. Giovanni was the first moisturizer to actually work on my hair, and I really don't want to part with it. Thanks!

I was thinking about getting the actual Paul Mitchell version a little while ago but never got around to buying it. But I saw the GVP version on Sally's website the other day and I want to try it.

SBS-264002,default,pd.html

Last edited:
Oh the Conditioner Leave in is AWESOME! I bought it after Tiffers siad it was Good, and it worked like a charm. It works well if you airdry or sit under the dryer or blowdry so that's a plus. It leaves my hair super soft and flowy. My hair was blowing all in my face at the mall the other day. loool I felt sexy :giggle:

Yes. I use it. Its really not a difference. I love Paul Mitchel Original Leave in Conditioner and find that the GVP brand is as good as it gets. IMO you really can't tell a difference. I also like the price which is alot cheaper. I will be buying this from now on.

I use it after I co wash, wash or DC, it doesn't leave the hair hard at all. I also use it as a moisturizer as well on my ponytail when i take down my bun. Its really good, and find this to be my stable conditioner.

Last edited:
I am in total love with the real Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as my daily leave in. It is AWESOME. So I went to Sally and tried the GVP version... it is NOT AS GOOD, not by a long shot. My hair just does NOT like the GVP one. So Ima use up the rest of my GVP The Conditioner as a daily co-rinse. The GVP one does not just glide through my hair and soak in like the real one.. it just seems to sit on my hair and not penetrate as well. The real PM The Conditioner and my hair are like white on rice.

I will NOT repurchase the GVP... I will always purchase the PM!

JC Penney Salon has buy 1 get one for 88 cents... 1 liter is $21 and you can get a second for 88 cents.

I used the original as when I wore my own hair out last year and LOVED it.

I am back in braids now and use the GVP brand in a spray bottle mixture, so I don't know what is doing what but I do know that after a year of waiting, my chemically damaged nape is finally growing again.

So, I'd say for 6 bucks, try it, it definately won't do any harm.

Yes! I love it! It's very moisturizing, softens my hair right up and gives me just enough slip. I love the subtle scent, too! It's wonderful for airdrying and rollersets :)

I am in total love with the real Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as my daily leave in. It is AWESOME. So I went to Sally and tried the GVP version... it is NOT AS GOOD, not by a long shot. My hair just does NOT like the GVP one. So Ima use up the rest of my GVP The Conditioner as a daily co-rinse. The GVP one does not just glide through my hair and soak in like the real one.. it just seems to sit on my hair and not penetrate as well. The real PM The Conditioner and my hair are like white on rice.

I will NOT repurchase the GVP... I will always purchase the PM!

JC Penney Salon has buy 1 get one for 88 cents... 1 liter is $21 and you can get a second for 88 cents.

Thanks for this review! I haven't tried the real one yet, but the GVP version did not leave me impressed at all as a leave in. I am going to try it as a cowash conditioner and if that doesn't work I will try the real one.

All I can say is if the GVP version doesn't impress you, do NOT let that deter you from trying the real thing. It sooo doesn't compare IMO.

I can't say enough good things about this leave-in. I love it to bits. I was thinking about trying the actual PM version, but if it ain't broke...

I love the Gvp Version of Paul Mitchell its one of my staple Leave in Conditioners.

Back