anyone using viviscal?

ajargon02

If you are taking this hair vitamin, what results are you seeing? When did you notice the results? Any before and after pics?

Sugadoll

I am using Viviscal I started taking the supplement 10/1/2014. I lost my edges due to some tight braids. I also had concerns about excessive shedding/breaking. The hair on my left side (edge)seems to be filling in. I continue to have shedding/breakage even after 3 months of taking the supplement. I have taken them faithfully. I contacted Viviscal and they stated that six months is the minimum that some one should take them; they also told me to be consistent with taking them, which I have. I must say i do differ from the instructions I take both tabs in the am as not to forget the last one. I hope that won't make to much of a difference.

Last edited:

Flawlis1

I first started using Viviscal 15 years ago because of the price of $89 a month I didn't take it long. In 2006 I started taking it again but the price was down to $50, I was on it faithfully for 4 months and it made my hair so much thicker and new growth was coming in pretty fast, it was getting the job done. However now, they have changed the formula that was giving me results, the main ingredients have all been lowered and the results were not the same.... And I'm guessing the company did that to make people keep buying the vitamins for a longer time. I won't buy Viviscal again. The last time I used it was last year, and that's because it was on clearance for $27 a box.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I switched to Viviscal after Nioxin was taken off the shelf.

I used it the end of 2013 and most of 2014.

It's a decent product with decent results.

I like to rotate hair vitamins.

This year I am using Phytophanere by Phyto and I really like these.

And will taken them for the entirety of 2015.

bluediamond0829

That used to be my go to hair vitamin because it didn't contain Biotin but mostly used fish based products. It worked for me when I took it in 2011/2012 and then I tried to take it last year and started breaking out. Then something told me to look at the back of the box and they changed the formula on it to include biotin. The original formula didn't contain biotin.

I think my Mom or Sister still use them on and off. But I don't know if they are seeing results or not.

ajargon02

I have been taking viviscal for 3 months. I haven't noticed any growth (but just got 2 major hair cuts) but I did notice that my hair has gotten thicker.
I am gonna give it 6-12 months to really see if it helps with growth.

ajargon02

M gonna have to post starting pic. I went from bsb/bsl to shoulder length to neck length after a bad hair cut and a 2nd corrective cut. It's like the big chop all over again! So now that I am working with a lot less hair, it will be interesting to see how this will influence my hair growth and thickness.

julzinha

I won a three month supply in a giveaway. It worked great for thickness, but only slightly for hair growth. If I could afford it I would use it again, it really is a great pill for overall hair health.

ajargon02

I won a three month supply in a giveaway. It worked great for thickness, but only slightly for hair growth. If I could afford it I would use it again, it really is a great pill for overall hair health.

Yes I too have noticed the thickness right away. Growth, I will give it 6 -12 months to decide on if it helped my growth rate

ElecEngnr

I've been taking them for almost a year now. Like most, I've definitely noticed an increase fullness.

I don't know that my individual strands are thicker, but more hair is coming in. Maybe some dormant follicles were reactivated...who knows lol. I have seen a slight increase in growth too.

Sugadoll

Ok, since October 1, 2014 I have been faithfully taking my Viviscal supplements. I continued to have shedding and breakage. I got mad at Viviscal thinking they had over promised their product. I continued to moisturize my hair, I continued to co wash weekly, I continued to hide my hair under my wigs. My hair is texlaxed.
I have truly had a setback :( I have new growth. But I trimmed and trimmed thinking that was the problem. I moisturized and moisturized. I deep condtioned and deep conditioned.What I did not do; was to do my protein treatments.
I typed all of this , to say this please don't slack on your regimen just cause you are taking supplements. I did and I am paying the price.

tallnomad

I took Viviscal year ago and had some major growth.

About two years ago, I decided to get serious about it again. I told my Asian coworker about it as her hair would not grow past shoulder length.

I took the pills consistently for about a year. My hair did not shed and it seemed very healthy.

I already have super super super thick hair and I was annoyed that Viviscal made it even thicker. It was almost impossible to deal with, in fact, I stopped taking Viviscal because I wanted it to increase my length, but it seemed only focused on creating more density.

Now, my Asian friend was very reluctant to try Viviscal. She decided to try it though, and for months, she didn't get any growth, but she said that her hair wasn't coming out in the shower anymore. After taking it for about eight months, she started getting some growth. Then BAM. That girl's hair is nearly waist-length and probably would be if she didn't cut it regularly.

I know she's Asian, but her hair was not growing and she said it hadn't gotten past her shoulders in years. Now, it's thick and long. It looks like salon commercial hair.

She re-inspired me to start taking it again consistently. I'm in crochet braids, so I hope when I take them out, I'll have some good growth. The new growth is there, but not like "wow" new growth. But, it does seem softer and more moisturized.

I ordered the every 3-month pack program. I'll commit to another year or so, but I wish I could get more length!

PinkDiamond

I've been taking viviscal for about two months now, I bought a six month supply from target. I feel like I'm getting growth but I can't say if I am because I wear my hair in a bun everyday and I haven't straightened since I've been taking the pills. I'm only taking one tab a day because I keep forgetting the second dose and sometimes I forget the first dose :spinning:.

ilong

God's Own
@smores (and @IDareT'sHair ) - it was very ironic seeing this thread bumped. This past weekend I ran across some old length check pictures. Two pictures made me gasp and wonder if that was really my hair. I know it's me in the pictures but the hair was unbelievable. I checked my regimen at the time just prior to the picture and guess what I was taking ?? Yep, Viviscal - I didn't realize how thick and long my hair had grown. I didnt think the Viviscal had promoted any thickness or growth so I stopped taking them, but pictures speak for themselves . I took Viviscal from July 1 - December 1 2013.

I know some are going to ask for before pictures - I know I have some but I'm not going to search for them now - but I GUARANTEE YOU this is the absolute thickest and longest my hair has ever been since I was a little girl. I wish it looked like that now :crybaby:. Not only am I going to order a 3 or 6 month supply of Viviscal tomorrow I am going to resume the regimen I was on just prior to when these pics were taken. My current regimen and the 2013 regimen are pretty much the same (maybe a difference in the brand of HSN) , except in 2013 I was taking upwards of 10g of biotin, a prenatal vitamin and Viviscal.
These pictures were taken December 18, 2013, AFTER a 2 inch trim. (I still can't believe what I'm seeing) :thud:

Attachments

• 12 19 13 after trim1 blow dry only.jpg
    12 19 13 after trim1 blow dry only.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 12 19 13 after trim2 blow dry only (2).jpg
    12 19 13 after trim2 blow dry only (2).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 51

smores

@smores (and @IDareT'sHair ) - it was very ironic seeing this thread bumped. This past weekend I ran across some old length check pictures. Two pictures made me gasp and wonder if that was really my hair. I know it's me in the pictures but the hair was unbelievable. I checked my regimen at the time just prior to the picture and guess what I was taking ?? Yep, Viviscal - I didn't realize how thick and long my hair had grown. I didnt think the Viviscal had promoted any thickness or growth so I stopped taking them, but pictures speak for themselves . I took Viviscal from July 1 - December 1 2013.

I know some are going to ask for before pictures - I know I have some but I'm not going to search for them now - but I GUARANTEE YOU this is the absolute thickest and longest my hair has ever been since I was a little girl. I wish it looked like that now :crybaby:. Not only am I going to order a 3 or 6 month supply of Viviscal tomorrow I am going to resume the regimen I was on just prior to when these pics were taken. My current regimen and the 2013 regimen are pretty much the same (maybe a difference in the brand of HSN) , except in 2013 I was taking upwards of 10g of biotin, a prenatal vitamin and Viviscal.
These pictures were taken December 18, 2013, AFTER a 2 inch trim. (I still can't believe what I'm seeing) :thud:

Wow!!!!! It looks great! I believe in signs but I'm not sure if I want to replace vitamins in my current regimen or just add it. I believe the marine collagen will help but im loyal to Nouritress and their ingredients. Gotta keep doing my research and make a plan.

cynd

Timely thread bump. I'm on day 30 of taking 1 pill per day (2/day is too much iron for me). So far I have noticed less shedding and it's hard to express, but my texture feels a little different. I only bought a pack of 60 and I haven't decided if I will continue using them after those are gone. I would be happy if I got more thickness.

Last edited:

abcd09

I took it for three months several years ago and had to stop because of the price ($89 a month). I noticed no difference

ilong

God's Own
Wow!!!!! It looks great! I believe in signs but I'm not sure if I want to replace vitamins in my current regimen or just add it. I believe the marine collagen will help but im loyal to Nouritress and their ingredients. Gotta keep doing my research and make a plan.

@smores - shame on you - :naughty: for posting about Nouritress :eyebrows2: . Now I'm vacillating between Nouritress and Viviscal. Nouritress is less expensive but obviously Viviscal did help my growth journey. The testimonials, reviews and pictures for Nouritress are very impressive. I have to tweak my regimen again.

Timely thread bump. I'm on day 30 of taking 1 pill per day (2/day is too much iron for me). So far I have noticed less shedding and it's hard to express, but my texture feels a little different. I only bought a pack of 60 and I haven't decided if I will continue using them after those are gone. I would be happy if I got more thickness.

@cynd - don't make the same mistake I made and stop taking them too early. It's going to take time, (3-6 months usually quoted my manufacturers) to see results with any product. I definitely did not see a change in my hair after taking Viviscal for 3 months, faithfully. But had I been "lucid" when I took those pictures after taking it for 6 months and realized how much growth I had, my main daily meal would still be Viviscal. :rofl: Besides, if you continue taking Viviscal, you may be able to stop taking that testoterone you were talkin' about in the other thread. :lachen:

@cynd - thank you! It doesn't look anything like that now. :sad:

cynd

[QUOTE

@cynd - don't make the same mistake I made and stop taking them too early. It's going to take time, (3-6 months usually quoted my manufacturers) to see results with any product. I definitely did not see a change in my hair after taking Viviscal for 3 months, faithfully. But had I been "lucid" when I took those pictures after taking it for 6 months and realized how much growth I had, my main daily meal would still be Viviscal. :rofl: Besides, if you continue taking Viviscal, you may be able to stop taking that testoterone you were talkin' about in the other thread. :lachen:[/QUOTE]

:spank: :rofl:

What happened to your hair @ilong?

Attachments

• rofl[1].gif
    rofl[1].gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 25