anyone using viviscal?

ilong

God's Own
[QUOTE

@cynd - don't make the same mistake I made and stop taking them too early. It's going to take time, (3-6 months usually quoted my manufacturers) to see results with any product. I definitely did not see a change in my hair after taking Viviscal for 3 months, faithfully. But had I been "lucid" when I took those pictures after taking it for 6 months and realized how much growth I had, my main daily meal would still be Viviscal. :rofl: Besides, if you continue taking Viviscal, you may be able to stop taking that testoterone you were talkin' about in the other thread. :lachen:

:spank: :rofl:

What happened to your hair @ilong?[/QUOTE]

@cynd - ouch ouch ouch ! :seesaw:We trying to grow some real hair (lion's mane style) up in here! <lol>

Now @smores has mentioned Nouritress and I saw on another forum, good reviews on Shen Min. Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy - I may consider making a hair cocktail out of all this good stuff. :guiness:

cynd

:spank: :rofl:

What happened to your hair @ilong?
@cynd - ouch ouch ouch ! :seesaw:We trying to grow some real hair (lion's mane style) up in here! <lol>

Now @smores has mentioned Nouritress and I saw on another forum, good reviews on Shen Min. Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy - I may consider making a hair cocktail out of all this good stuff. :guiness:[/QUOTE]

Never heard of Nouritress, but I just upped my Viviscal to 2 today. Hopefully I'll be able to tolerate it.

ajargon02

I have stopped taking Viviscal b/c it was breaking out my skin. I switched to country life hair vitamins and once that bottle is gone, I will switch back to viviscal so I don't get to used to them.
My thickness/volume hasn't changed since I stopped the Viviscal. It's still very thick which I love.
We will see how this works out

shelli4018

Just bought a months supply the other day. My hair is thick but used to to be thicker before having my last child. I'd like to reverse that and thicken my edges which aren't too bad. But I can tell they're way more fragile these days. May as well address the problem while I still have edges (LOL). I plan to take Viviscal for at least 6 months.

ilong

God's Own
@cynd , @ajargon02 , @JunMom2Be , @shelli4018 please keep us updated on your progress.

I took Viviscal faithfully from July 1st to December 30th 2013 and my hair grew longer and thicker. I was planning to order a six month supply this week, but decided to try Shen Min for the remainder of the year. I may jump back on Viviscal January 2016, so your updates will be extremely helpful.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@ilong @cynd

I did notice that Viviscal now has a "Viviscal Elite"

The way the regular is priced it should be "Elite" and should perform "Elite" as well.:ohwell:

Thanks ilong for pulling me into these conversation.:hug2:

You have helped me make the decision to stick with Phyto going into 2016.

ilong

God's Own
@IDareT'sHair - my pleasure and you my dear lady have encouraged me to switch up. So I will stop taking my HSN (Nature's Bounty) and try Phyto. I was going to take Shen Min along with my HSN but now me thinks I am going to replace my HSN with Phyto. I was just coming into this thread to ask you where you purchase yours? If you don't mind

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@ilong

I've been getting mine from ebay.

Although a poster told me she could get them for me from Sephora with her friends & family discount.

But I told her it was okay.

ilong

God's Own
@IDareT'sHair - OK - I'll check out ebay. Hopefully, I'll place the order today. I think I saw them at Ulta. I have to go to that shopping plaza today so I will run into ULTA and check. Thanks and Happy Sunday!!

ilong

God's Own
@IDareT'sHair - decision made!!!:yay:
After researching the unfamiliar ingredients in Shen Min, I decided none really promoted hair growth (alcoholism recovery, cancer, etc.) so I will not going to transition to those.
So I just placed orders for 4 month supplies of Country Life Maxx Hair and Phytophanere!:woot: I'm discontinuing Nature's Bounty HSN.

I can't take them until I use up all of my pre made vitamin paks. But I like to have products on hand so when I'm ready, I can go!

(P.S. Due to the expiration dates on my stash, I will be gifting boxes of Natures Bounty HSN to some folks for Xmas) :yep:

tallnomad

I've been taking them consistently for close to a year. I've gained length, but I get annoyed because it just seems to keep making my hair thicker and I don't need thicker hair. I do like that it seems like my hair has gotten stronger and doesn't break as easily, but I don't like that my skin seems to break out more.

I think I mentioned in this thread or another, that I told my skeptical Asian friend about it, as her hair would not go beyond shoulder length. She stuck with the pill for a good year or more and her thin hair got extra thick, then it grew like crazy to just about her waist.

I'm going to try to go to a year and a half, but I actually want to switch to the RX version. My doctor is one of the spokespeople for it and I saw him recently and his hair is like, "what the what." He actually said he didn't believe it was working and didn't tell his stylist and then his stylist asked him if he was taking growth hormones because his hair was off the chain. The RX version has more of everything and works faster.

Last edited:

julzinha

I've been taking them consistently for close to a year. I've gained length, but I get annoyed because it just seems to keep making my hair thicker and I don't need thicker hair. I do like that it seems like my hair has gotten stronger and doesn't break as easily, but I don't like that my skin seems to break out more.

I think I mentioned in this thread or another, that I told my skeptical Asian friend about it, as her hair would not go beyond shoulder length. She stuck with the pill for a good year or more and her thin hair got extra thick, then it grew like crazy to just about her waist.

I'm going to try to go to a year and a half, but I actually want to switch to the RX version. My doctor is one of the spokespeople for it and I saw him recently and his hair is like, "what the what." He actually said he didn't believe it was working and didn't tell his stylist and then his stylist asked him if he was taking growth hormones because his hair was on the chain. The RX version has more of everything and works faster.

What is the RX version?

ilong

God's Own
@tallnomad - thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was another version of Viviscal. I would assume Viviscal and ViviscalProfessional are the same company.