Anyone wearing wigs this summer?

InNeedofHairapy

I know that some people are on the Wig/Fall 2007 Challenge....but how many of you are sticking with it, or if not on the challenge, wearing wigs this summer?

The reason why I ask is, this is the 1st year I've worn falls and wigs...I have not worn one (breaking the challenge, obviously) since it got hot out...wearing my phony pony is enough...

but I've been having this urge to do a BC on my hair to get rid of heat damage and relaxed ends. I'm pregnant and don't plan to relax my hair until wayyy after the baby (if I decide to relax at all)...

I just don't like my hair short. The only way I'll cut my hair is if I can deal with hot head underneath wigs....

uh..I guess this is more a rambling vent then a quest for advice..unless anyone has some to offer, of course :D

LadyPaniolo

Yeah, I tried wearing a wig after a BC during pregnancy with my daughter. I was so hot... oh my god. Like living on the surface of the sun. :( I sweated constantly, on my face, too.

I ended up doing extensions that I wore tied up off my neck instead. I'm pregnant again now and I just started the Crown & Glory braid reg, so I'll be wearing braids for the next two years (hopefully)!

Congrats on the baby and good luck!:)

sunshinelady

Yep, I wear them all year with my hair cornrowed underneath. I don't have any problems with heat and I don't sweat much in my head.

kandi1280

I wanted to get a LF because of all the hype and the nice look of them. But I don't want to get lazy and end up doing more damage.

Good luck with the baby!

PaperClip

Been wearing half-wigs (just got another one yesterday). I don't mind the heat and it's good that I can just take it off at the end of the day....

CurliDiva

Why don't you try to thin out the wig (remove some of the tracks) so that your scalp can breathe? Or try getting a style that is off yoru face (no bangs) so that it would feel less hot.

This is my first summer ever with a WIG and yall I have the same concern!:eek:

amwcah

I have been protective stying with wigs for the past month or longer. They are working out great for me. I'm not damaging my edges any further(no ponytails) and I can consistently wash my hair ever 3 days(no braids). I cornrow it in between washes. To combat the heat, I have a couple of short wigs in my collection.

whitneysimone

i live in southern california and during the summer temps stay at an average of 100+ everyday!! so needless to say i will be a sweaty mess :) i guess i will just have to cowash more frequently. i have been wearing wigs for the past two months with the hair cornrowed underneath. I am not lookin foward to this summer, although I know the end result will be good! i only plan to wear wigs until I am past BSL and on my way to MBL and then after that I will incorporate other protective styles until i reach my ultimate goal of waistlength hopefully by the end of 2008.