Anyone Who's Knowledgable About Ingredients, Is This More Of A Shampoo?

sparkle25

I used the Camile Rose naturals holiday collection cream cleanser and it's pretty sudsy. This is my second time using it and I loved it the first time around but this time it's feeling kinda stripy and drying. I pre pooed overnight and it still feels like that a bit. These are the ingredients...is this more like a shampoo than a typical co wash? I mean it feels about half as sudsy as a shampoo....Now I don't like it on my 4z hair but it feels decent on my daughters and little brothers hair. They are in the 3s. What say you?

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Polyquaternium - 44, Glycol Distearate, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, Sunflower Seed Oil, Allantoin, Panthenol, Green Tea, Arnica Montana Flower, Guar, Ciric Acid, Fragrance And Love!

Cocamidopropyl Betaine - coconut oil-derived, gentle detergent

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate - a coconut oil-derived salt, used to decrease water tension (makes water "wetter") and cause the detergent to work better

Looking at the other ingredients, I'd say it is a cleanser (barely a shampoo, since they usually have more than one detergent), weak in the moisturizing area.

Cocamidopropyl Betaine - coconut oil-derived, gentle detergent

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate - a coconut oil-derived salt, used to decrease water tension (makes water "wetter") and cause the detergent to work better

Looking at the other ingredients, I'd say it is a cleanser (barely a shampoo, since they usually have more than one detergent), weak in the moisturizing area.
Thank you! That explains why it's drying. I won't be repurchasing.

I would say it's like a cowash or low detergent/surfactants poo. I sounds like its not compatible with your hair's needs. That shouldn't be pared down to any one ingredient as we are not sure of the percentages of each used as well as other factors.

what was in the pre-poo? did you pre-poo the first time? if so, was it the same ingredients or product? curious because you said the cleanser worked then but not now. maybe the prepoo and cleanser didn't mix or maybe it did before.

had you done an actual shampoo the days or a week prior to that first time or this second time? just thinking about build up and the possible need to clarify as the culprit.

I've never used this product so don't have personal experience with it.

what was in the pre-poo? did you pre-poo the first time? if so, was it the same ingredients or product? curious because you said the cleanser worked then but not now. maybe the prepoo and cleanser didn't mix or maybe it did before.

had you done an actual shampoo the days or a week prior to that first time or this second time? just thinking about build up and the possible need to clarify as the culprit.

I've never used this product so don't have personal experience with it.

Girl it was definitely the pre poo which was an oil from LaKshimis cupboard. It's supposedly alma oil infused with a bunch of Ayurvedic oils but I think it's plain castor oil, and not a good kind. I saw a few other reviews that suggested the same thing. I have prepooed with Jamaican black castor oil before and good results. I still don't care for this shampoo too much in my own hair but it works good on my daughters hair. I'm still on the look out for a decent cream cleanser and a good regular shampoo.

Last edited:
It's a weak cleanser but the coconut may not pair well with your hair either. Likewise with aloe.

Hey girl, do you know if ingredients in this shampoo are enough to properly cleanse my scalp?

Ingredients: Black soap, castille soap, purified h2o herbal infusion of flax seeds, rosemary, neem, shikakai, alma & sage, aloe vera gel, hemp oil, olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, veggie glycerin, vitamin e, grapefruit seed extract, essential oils of rosemary, eucalyptus, peppermint, geranium, natural fragrance, & love

Back