Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor.....

I love this stuff. I was going to try the heavy duty Aphogee reconstructor that hardens in the hair but I decided to try the 2 minute one and it's the best protein treatment I have ever used and I've used many over the years such as Redken, Joico, Paul Mitchell, Giovanni, eggs lol. This really beats Joico K pak which was sort of my go to protein and the Aphogee is soooooooo much cheaper:grin:. I've been using it for several weeks now and it seems to have helped me get some of my curls back that were heat damaged and just strengthen my hair. I also LOVE the smell, it isn't a fragrance, it's just some smell that I love lol, idk what it is though, its almost smells like a dye rinse. It also claims to remove hard water deposits even though it's a conditioner:ohwell:. Whatever the case I'm in love with it because it does the job and it's cheap. I also noticed that it's made by Albert Culver who are the Vo5 people....

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I love the two minute reconstructor :yep: it's inexpensive and it works well. I believe the scent is coconut :lick:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I really like this one too. This will be the protein conditioner that I will stick with after I use up some other stuff. I really love the fact that you only have to leave it on 2 minutes too.

SuchaLady

I just recenlty began to use this as well. I left mine on for a little longer though. I am a heavy shedder and after I used this then ran my comb through my hair not one piece came out.

ToyToy

I've used it in the past. It definitely works and is less hassle than the more intensive treatment (forgotten the name of that one). I always made sure I used a moisturising conditioner afterwards :).

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
ihave this too(= its really good ileave it on for 10 mins though >=)

the Aphogee pro vitamin leave in is bomb too(= iuse it on my scalp with other essential oils and get the tingling sensation of my liife.! :shocked::grin::shocked::grin:

chasturner84

ihave this too(= its really good ileave it on for 10 mins though >=)

the Aphogee pro vitamin leave in is bomb too(= iuse it on my scalp with other essential oils and get the tingling sensation of my liife.! :shocked::grin::shocked::grin:

I leave it on for 1+ hrs. After towel drying my hair, I slather on the ApHogeee 2 min and then my DC and cover with a plastic cap and either get under the dryer, work around the house, or go to bed with it in my hair. It's the most amazing DC ever. :shocked:

yardgirl

I love it. But leaving it on for only 2 minutes does nothing really IMO. I leave it on for about 10 mins.

fluffyforever

I also love this protein conditioner. I too leave in this conditioner for more than 2 minutes. Anywhere from 5-10 mins while I do my shower business. I always apply directly after I shampoo and cover with a cap. It softens my hair and provides strength. I was too afraid to try the more intensive treatment. But I'm happy I still decided to get the 2 min reconstructor.

Poopiedo

I use the 2 min with every shampoo. I shampoo with Kera Care Sulfate free then apply Aphogee 2 min with my plastic cap. Once I'm done showering I rinse and apply a deep conditioner and sit under the steamer for an hour. I love Aphogee.

freshlikemoi

I used it last night and got amazing results (I left it in for about an hour, while I did housework). I did a wet bun afterwards and my bun was so slick and smooth this morning. I definitely love this stuff. --The only thing is, I didn't know it was a protein conditioner until I read this read (silly me). I was using the ORS Mayo for my protein. I was really looking for a nice moisturizing conditioner when I purchased this.

Any tips?

darlingdiva

I will have to pick this up.:look: Never tried.....

What?! There's something that you haven't tried?

Color me shocked!:blush::lachen:

On topic: I like Aphogee 2-min. I like to keep it in rotation because it has heavier proteins than AO GPB & I visit hard water places for vacation.

acapnleo

Just when I say I am not trying anything else :perplexed:rolleyes:

This sounds really good, I shall search it out in Sally's :look:

TamedTresses

I also keep it in a little longer than 2 minutes when I use it. I currently have a few light protein conditioners (trying to use everything up). I'm not sure if I will repurchase the Aphogee 2 minute, but for what it's worth, it is a good light protein conditioner and it does work well.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I used it last night and got amazing results (I left it in for about an hour, while I did housework). I did a wet bun afterwards and my bun was so slick and smooth this morning. I definitely love this stuff. --The only thing is, I didn't know it was a protein conditioner until I read this read (silly me). I was using the ORS Mayo for my protein. I was really looking for a nice moisturizing conditioner when I purchased this.

Any tips?

The 2 min is a mild protein that is okay to use 1x a week. It is a blend of protein and moisture.

the Ors Mayo IMO is a medium protein that I would not suggest using more than 2x a month.

Maybe the reason I love it so much is that I do have hard water where I live now. Before I moved in 2008 I had soft water from the city and I think my hair and skin behaved differently. I freaking hate soap scum lol, I had none of that back in my soft water city lol.

Lady_q_tee

I do like it, but it I find it does exactly what eggs, mayo and oils do. Thus I save my money now and make my own protein treatments.

ladyvixen

The two minute Reconstructor is a life saver i swear by it, I do a deep condish with it for about 15 mins with heat.
I truly do think the Aphogee brand is amazing just the right price and it work wonders.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I leave it on for 1+ hrs. After towel drying my hair, I slather on the ApHogeee 2 min and then my DC and cover with a plastic cap and either get under the dryer, work around the house, or go to bed with it in my hair. It's the most amazing DC ever. :shocked:
Chas, I mix it into my DC and keep it on for 1hr+, sometimes with heat but most times without heat. Have you mixed it into your DC before? If so, does applying aphogee 1st then the DC on top of the aphogee generate better results?

The 2 min is a mild protein that is okay to use 1x a week. It is a blend of protein and moisture.

the Ors Mayo IMO is a medium protein that I would not suggest using more than 2x a month.
Is it safe to assume if you're using 2min weekly then there really isn't any need for a medium or hard protein treatment?