Aphogee 2 step protein mishappening!!!!

datladystunna

SOOOO! I have been experiencing a lot of breakage lately yikes!!! I am currently 5 months transitioning. I bought apohogee two step protein treatment! So instead of using step 1 and going under the dryer I accidently used step 2 (balancing mositurizer) and sat under the dryer for approx 25 mins. I was wondering why it wasnt getting as hard as i thought. Uggh!!! I feel so dumb lol.:wallbash:

I rinse it out and decided to just continue to my DC and sit under the dryer for 30 mins and saving the step 1 for a later time.

Do you think I will b okay if I apply it next week? I know your only supposed to leave the moisturizer in for a few mins, do you think it will damage my hair? I hope not. I guess Ill have to see.:ohwell:

ceebee3

LOL, it's just a moisturizing conditioner. Your hair will be fine, it's not damaging. Many people leave them in way longer than that.

chosen1

Basically you will have to see. You should be okay. But if your hair is real mushy and breaking. Don't wait. Do the protein treat. At least I would.

Miss AJ

Honestly, the balancing moisturizer isn't even moisturizing enough when you use it after Step 1 so I doubt you'll have any adverse effects from it.

chebaby

lmao the moisturizing conditioner will not harm your hair. if anything you did good by giving yourself a great moisturizing deep conditioning before you do the hardcore treatment next week.
do remember to use a moisturizing conditioner after the hard core protein when you do it.

Miss AJ

im just worried because this is my first time trying aphogee products and i know it does not agree with some peoples hair

The balancing moisturizer is just that...moisturizing. It doesn't contain strong protein like the protein treatment or the deep conditioner. Some need more protein than others so IMO that is the main factor in whether one's hair will respond well to it or not. I can use it every 4 weeks with no problems but that may be way too much for someone else.

datladystunna

The balancing moisturizer is just that...moisturizing. It doesn't contain strong protein like the protein treatment or the deep conditioner. Some need more protein than others so IMO that is the main factor in whether one's hair will respond well to it or not. I can use it every 4 weeks with no problems but that may be way too much for someone else.

thxx...i was scared b/c i just wasnt sure how heavy the protein was with the balancing moisturizer

sharifeh

lmao

that's hilarious and totally harmless to your hair

:giggle:

you'll know when you put the protein on your hair; you'll smell it!