Aphogee 2 step protein

so i've been doing my research and I've decided to use Aphogee products for about two months. My hair has been breaking off at an alarming rate and not to mention I just got a relaxer last week ( bad decision lol) Well I just purchased almost everything aphogee (shampoo, condish,etc). Well I was thinking about using the 2 step protein treatment tonight is it okay to use even though I just got a perm last week, it says to six weeks before. And another thing I noticed is that aphogee line dosen't have any type of deep conditioner, does anyone know why this is or any alternatives?

tocktick

Aphogee has the moisturising conditioner that you're supposed to use after using the hardcore protein treatment. I'm not sure why there isn't a DC but I think their condish is supposed to be enough to bring after the protein treatment. If you want extra deep conditioning then use a DC of your choice after you've used the Aphogee conditioner.

I've never used the hardcore treatment but if it says to wait six weeks after a relaxer before using it then it's probably best to wait. In the meantime, try henna or eggs to strengthen you hair. You may want to protective styling also in the meantime.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I've heard about the eggs. I may try that tonight instead, how many do I use and what do I mix it with

onyxmin

Aphogee Keratin 2 minutes reconstructor can be used as a conditioner...atleast that's what I use for my weekly co-wash.

tocktick

Thanks for the reply, I've heard about the eggs. I may try that tonight instead, how many do I use and what do I mix it with

There's a thread about using eggs that's probably 3-4 pages back on the hair board. I remember seeing it on the main page yesterday. Anyway, depending on the length and thickness of your hair, 1-2 eggs would probably work.

Personally, I wouldn't use the 2-min reconstructor as a conditioner as it's a protein treatment (according to Aphogee). Some people may be able to get away with using it in place of condish but I think regular usage could be protein overload for some people. It may be ok for you to use instead of eggs if you wanted to. When I used to use it I had to follow up with a creamy conditioner and only applied it to my hair once every 2-3 weeks.

ceebee3

I love the Aphogee 2 step, I use it the week before relaxing to strengthen the hair and every six weeks after that. I don't use the 2 minute that often, but my hair loves protein so I use other protein products.

Definetly check out the thread on the eggs for protein.