Aphogee 2 Step Treatment vs. 2 Minute Reconstructor

Shun34

Hello ladies! My hair needs a protein treatment, and I want to try either Aphogee 2 Step or 2 Minute Reconstructor. I have natural hair, and I am afraid I will cause a disaster if I apply the 2 Step on my hair without thoroughly detangling it first with a thick, creamy conditioner. Detangling my hair any other way is impossible. I figured since the 2 Minute Reconstructor has a creamy consistency and doesn't get hard, it will be easier on my hair. Will I get the same results (stronger hair/reduced breakage) after repeated weekly use of the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor as I would after one use of the 2 Step Protein Treatment?

JJamiah

Aphogee 2 step is HardCore for severe damaged hair, aphogee 2 minute is more mild and for hair not needing too much protein.

If your not getting any heavy breakage and just need protein go for 2 minute, It smells awesome too!

Vintageglam

I think the 2 minute would be more appropriate for a Natural looking for a mild protein treat. It does a great job and as JJamiah said it also smells delish :lick:.

Unless you have some serious damage the two step might be too strong and make your hair hard.

Also remember to follow with some moisture conditioning.

Shun34

Aphogee 2 step is HardCore for severe damaged hair, aphogee 2 minute is more mild and for hair not needing too much protein.

If your not getting any heavy breakage and just need protein go for 2 minute, It smells awesome too!

What would be considered severe?

melissa-bee

Most naturals don't need the two-step. If you barely have damage use the 2 minute then a moisturising con. If it's a bit much just use the 2 min and get to styling.

mariofmagdal

I love the 2min reconstructor! I use it weekly. It smells great too ;0) I would start there. I am natural and have never used the 2-step.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
What would be considered severe?

Excessive, more than normal breakage. If you comb through your hair and it stretches and seems to follow the comb when you pull and then breaks, then you need some protein. If your hair is mushy, then you proably need protein. But if your hair strands still have the white bulb attached, then it's only shed hair and should be no cause for alarm.

Lucky's Mom

Excessive, more than normal breakage. If you comb through your hair and it stretches and seems to follow the comb when you pull and then breaks, then you need some protein. If your hair is mushy, then you proably need protein. But if your hair strands still have the white bulb attached, then it's only shed hair and should be no cause for alarm.

This was me! but - wow... I used the hard core treatment.. and I am very happy with the results. I could KICK my hair... it is so strong.

Krystle~Hime

Yesterday I Had the choice to choose between he two step and the two minutes.

I didn't like the ingredients(mineral oils, paraben.. ) of the two minutes, so I decided to go for the two step.