Aphogee, HOW?H Help..

Prettyinpink00

Hi everyone. I see mention of a Aphogee protien treatment that so many lady's use about once a month and it helps tremendouly with breaking. I also read that it smells bad. Please tell me exactly what this product is called so that i can pick it up in the BBS. Another thing is how exactly do you do the treatment. Do yo shampoo and condition as you would regulary, THEN put it in and THEN deep condition?? is that how it works. Help a sista out:)

Divine Inspiration

Hey girl...

The product's official name is ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair
It does help tremendously with breakage if your hair likes protein. The smell isn't all that bad to me...it smells like an old lady. :look:
You follow the instructions on the bottle to complete the treatment. It's very important to use this as directed since it will snap your hair like a twig if you don't follow directions. It's really quite simple...this is what I do:
A. Shampoo as usual with poo
B. Apply ApHOGEE treatment and comb through
C. Sit under hood dryer for 30-40 min to dry top portion then blow dry bottom portion WITHOUT TOUCHING THE HAIR (This is important b/c your hair gets VERY hard so you can't comb it or manipulate it)
D. Rinse the treatment out very well (I use a cup of diluted poo just to make sure I get it all out)
E. Deep condition (This is the part that probably varies the most from person to person) I condition with ApHOGEE Balancing con for about 20 min. no heat, then I follow with a moisturizing con (i.e. Nexxus Humectress w/ EVOO) with heat for an hour or 2

Afterwards my hair feels STRONG AND MOISTURIZED which is my favorite combination! :lol:

I hope this helps...

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
To stress from DI's response, do NOT try to manipulate your hair while the Aphogee is drying - it may snap into pieces in your hand. As the protein dries your hair will feel hard and brittle. Also, same goes for rinsing it out, be very gentle, let a gentle stream of water work its way through as you rinse this product out.. No tugging or rubbing.. just let it wash ou.

Finally, you must use some type of moisturizing conditioner at the end - Aphogee has one it sometimes packages together with the Treatment for Damaged Hair. It's called the Balancing Cond.

HTH. Good luck .... and be forewarned, the smell is somewhat atrocious, esp. if there are other people in your home who may not be as keen on your hair goals as you are. Warn them! :)

tenderheaded

Prettyinpink00 said:
So let me get this right. I should sit under the dry and i should also blowdry with a hand dryer the bottom portion).

I just did my 4th Aphogee treatment yesterday. Yes, it works! A hooded dryer gets the top and sides dry - the blow dryer does the back lower portion. My hair is below shoulder length. First, I make sure all hair is coated with product. I secure the back with a big clip, then use the blow dryer to dry the back. After it starts to harden, I gently remove the clip, then go to the hooded dryer to finish.

MAKE SURE IT DRIES COMPLETELY!!! And be gentle. This is one of the few products I've tried that does exactly what it promises. Please let us know how it works for you.

4a/4b
Aphogee shampoo, balancing moisture, treatment, reconstructor, keratin green tea
generic Humectress
Profectiv relaxer, Breakfree, megamoisture

Divine Inspiration

Kareflow, the bottle says it restructures for 6 weeks, but if your hair doesn't like protein you may not ever need anything this heavy on a regular basis. I think next year I'm gonna stop doin them all the time and just do it after relaxers b/c lighter proteins (i.e. Nexxus Keraphix, EQP Breakage Control) work just as well at keeping breakage and shedding at bay for me. Anyhoo, I would start out doing one every 8-10 weeks and then increase to 6 weeks if you thought it was necessary. Otherwise, you may run the risk of hair being brittle from too much protein.
Pretty, my hair is BSL so if I attempt to sit under the dryer, the length of my hair doesn't dry completely. So I allow the roots and the crown to dry under the hood dryer and then I use a handheld to dry the length. If it doesn't dry completely, the treatment won't be as effective.
HTH...

Porsche19

Divine Inspiration said:
Hey girl...

The product's official name is ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair
It does help tremendously with breakage if your hair likes protein. The smell isn't all that bad to me...it smells like an old lady. :look:

Giiiiiirl... WHAT KIND OF OLD LADIES HAVE YOU BEEN AROUND? :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

That stuff is stank!!!

Divine Inspiration

:lol: It doesn't smell like "good"...it just smells "geriatric" to me... :lol:
It's not at all a good smell, but to me, it's bearable. Maybe we're so used to other products that smell darn near edible that the ApHOGEE seems repulsive :confused: Who knows? I know I'm not the only one who can bear it!!! Right????

Don't make me start a thread on this! :lachen:

also make sure you DO NOT use a plastic cap when you do this treatment sit under the dryer w/out one, when u follow up with the moisturizing treatment then u can use a plastic cap