Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor vs. Aphogee two minute reconstructor

*Muffin*

Today I went to the Beauty Supply store with my friend to buy some protein reconstructors to use after I got my relaxer. Anyway, I heard a lot of good things about the Aphogee two minute reconstructor, so I planned on getting it, but when I got there I saw TWO reconstructors: The two minute one and the intensive one. I compared the ingredients, and I liked what I read in the intensive reconstructor better, so I bought that one. I guess the two minute one is the new version of the intensive reconstructor.

So, my question is: Which do you prefer, the two minute or the intensive one?

Cleve_gryl

I always thought they were the same :look:. They worked exactly the same to me, leaving my hair very strong with just about no breakage afterwards. I leave in for just 5 minutes, rinse then DC. Good stuff, both of them!

Aggie

I always thought they were the same :look:. They worked exactly the same to me, leaving my hair very strong with just about no breakage afterwards. I leave in for just 5 minutes, rinse then DC. Good stuff, both of them!

I agree as I bought both as well just to see if there was a difference. There really isn't a difference.

*Muffin*

It just made me wonder because I read the ingredients in the two conditioners, and they were slightly different. For instance, there's mineral oil in two minute one, but there isn't any in the intensive one. I guess it really doesn't matter. They probably work equally as well. Thanks for answering my question, though!

DivaRox

It just made me wonder because I read the ingredients in the two conditioners, and they were slightly different. For instance, there's mineral oil in two minute one, but there isn't any in the intensive one. I guess it really doesn't matter. They probably work equally as well. Thanks for answering my question, though!

I have the old bottle and the new bottle and I think the "new" formula is the one with the mineral oil:sad: Anyway, the two minute is good for a few washes and the intensive one lasts up to six weeks.

Aggie

Can I pre-poo with either? I have both but haven't used either yet.

Yes you can but bear in mind that they are protein based and you should make sure to balance protein products with moisture based products to avoid protein overload especially if your hair doesn't need the extra protein.

DivaRox

Can I pre-poo with either? I have both but haven't used either yet.

I definitely wouldn't consider the intensive one a prepoo. When I think of this one, I'm thinking of breakage issues or maybe just shoring your hair up to prevent breakage providing protein overload isn't a factor. In those instances, I would want to start with a clean slate so I precede this treatment with a gentle but clarifying poo to enhance the protein deposit. I follow up with an extra nourishing and extended dc.

Artemis

I have the old bottle and the new bottle and I think the "new" formula is the one with the mineral oil:sad: Anyway, the two minute is good for a few washes and the intensive one lasts up to six weeks.

When you said 6 weeks here, I think you are talking a/b the Aphogee treatment (the one that has to dry hard). The intensive keratin reconstructor is the same as the 2 min one, but in new packaging, so it can be used just as the 2 min is used (ie, good for a few washes). :)

DivaRox

When you said 6 weeks here, I think you are talking a/b the Aphogee treatment (the one that has to dry hard). The intensive keratin reconstructor is the same as the 2 min one, but in new packaging, so it can be used just as the 2 min is used (ie, good for a few washes). :)

Oops-thanks Artemis! You are exactly correct-I was thinking of the dry hard treatment when I made this comment. I have all three and I lump the two reconstructors together and think of the Protein treatment as the intensive. Sawwry!

*Muffin*

I absolutely LOVE Aphogee Intensive Keratin. It left my hair feeling so strong after I relaxed it yesterday. I bought three bottles of the old formula from the BSS. They had a lot of the old formula. I hope they will still have it when I run out :rolleyes:.