Aphogee takes away my hair's sexy

ajoyfuljoy

Does anyone else have this problem?

I do my Aphogee treatment once every 9 weeks. When I first used it I noticed an immediate diff. b/c my hair was breaking like crazy at that time. I also wasn't real good with styling (w/o a blow dryer) so that wasn't an issue.

But now that I've grown in my hair game, when I use Aphogee, I feel like it throws my hair off. Each month I'm learning how to get it softer and softer. But now, it seems like it doesn't matter how much I condition, it's just not as soft as normal.

Also, my rollersets look like a natural that flat ironed. It's WAY thick and it curls up about 2 inches more than normal. It makes me feel a little frompy :ohwell: But I'm not breaking anymore so thank God that's not an issue. I'm considering just wearing my hair up the week of my Aphogee treatment.

Anyway, anybody else have this issue? What do you do about it?

lilamae

which aphogee treatment are you using? the 2 minute keratin or the other one that makes your hair hard?

lilamae

oh I used that once years ago and did not like it. i really like nexxuss emergencee as a reconstructor. Also lots of women on this site prefer the Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconsturctor, so maybe you can try that. I bought some today...wish i could pass it thru the computer.

ajoyfuljoy

oh I used that once years ago and did not like it. i really like nexxuss emergencee as a reconstructor. Also lots of women on this site prefer the Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconsturctor, so maybe you can try that. I bought some today...wish i could pass it thru the computer.

I might definitely try that. When I first used it, I could comb my hair and see showers of hair fall! It's not like that anymore (thank God)!

So I will look up nexxuss emergencee and the 2 min. keratin reconstructor.

Anybody else got some good suggestions?

ajoyfuljoy

BTW, how does nexxus and the 2 min. constructor work?

Does it get hard? Do you have to sit under the dryer?

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
u should only use this treatment as need. If your hair doesn't seem to be respoding favorably stop using it and use a lighter protein

LaReyna756

It sounds like you don't need the hardcore treatment anymore. I'd only use that product for damage control. If your hair is in good shape, I would use a milder reconstructor like the other ladies suggested.

KiSseS03

u should only use this treatment as need. If your hair doesn't seem to be respoding favorably stop using it and use a lighter protein
Exactly. Your hair is telling you that it does not agree with Aphogee so don't use it. You do not have to stick to a strict regimen, because your hair changes, move with it!

SW2011

I used this about 3 nights ago and felt the same way. My hair felt different and it kept tangling. I started to panic, but after searching this board, I decided to clarify. I used Aveda's detox shampoo, and now my hair isn't tangling, and it's starting to feel like normal. I don't think I'll be using this anymore.

ajoyfuljoy

will do, I got compliments on my hair (SO is always so sweet :) but my hair look like an old wig to me.

You know how you have old weave and it don't be silky no more, just kind of poofy and thick in an ugly way, that's what I feel my hair looks like right now!

ajoyfuljoy

I used this about 3 nights ago and felt the same way. My hair felt different and it kept tangling. I started to panic, but after searching this board, I decided to clarify. I used Aveda's detox shampoo, and now my hair isn't tangling, and it's starting to feel like normal. I don't think I'll be using this anymore.

Me and you both. When I first read Cathy Howse's book and website and found out about it, it was THE TRUTH for me. But now it's like, "Nah! :nono:"

Oh yeah, and it tangles my hair real bad too.

I am too through with that stuff and ready to move onto a lighter treatment.

Dare~to~Dream

Hmm...Aphogee recently changed their formula. I wonder if you used the new formula or the old one. Like you, I started using this (I read about it on Cathy's website too) years ago and it worked wonders for my hair...at the time I NEEDED it every 6 weeks. Now (several years later), I find that I do not need it...I only use it every 4-6 months or so just for maintainence purposes. I recently bought a bottle of the new formula and I'm afraid it won't work the same way as the old formula--the one I've used for years. :( I do agree with the others....if it's not needed I wouldn't use it every 9 weeks or at all. When I first learned about the new Aphogee formula, I thought about switching to Sebastian's Penetraitt. There are several milder protein treatments out there that might work for you...there's also a thread about reconstructors...I'll see if I can find it and send you the link--that is if you are interested in switching/reading reviews about other protein treatments/reconstructors.

ajoyfuljoy

Hmm...Aphogee recently changed their formula. I wonder if you used the new formula or the old one. Like you, I started using this (I read about it on Cathy's website too) years ago and it worked wonders for my hair...at the time I NEEDED it every 6 weeks. Now (several years later), I find that I do not need it...I only use it every 4-6 months or so just for maintainence purposes. I recently bought a bottle of the new formula and I'm afraid it won't work the same way as the old formula--the one I've used for years. :( I do agree with the others....if it's not needed I wouldn't use it every 9 weeks or at all. When I first learned about the new Aphogee formula, I thought about switching to Sebastian's Penetraitt. There are several milder protein treatments out there that might work for you...there's also a thread about reconstructors...I'll see if I can find it and send you the link--that is if you are interested in switching/reading reviews about other protein treatments/reconstructors.

definitely interested in switching. I'm open to all information. Thanks :grin:

Isis

ITA with the ladies above--it isn't necessary to keep using such a strong treatment if your hair is no longer breaking.
I've never used Aphogee but I really like Nexxus Keraphix for my protein conditioning every few weeks.
I also henna my hair once in a while (not often), which is also a protein treatment. :)

KhandiB

Yeah, I tried it for the first time last week

I LOVE the 2 minute , cant hang with the hardcore.