Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair

Favorite Judge

• Total voters

Adamma

Okay my hair is looking pretty rough here. Just washed, air dried, and caruso curled. Guess I haven't really gotton the hang of straitening without my curling iron. First day though.
I also tried the aphogee treatment which is also a first. I must say...it is much harder to replace moisture and add sheen back to the hair after that treatment. Has anyone else experienced that after the balancing moisturizer? Any suggestions to counter the dryness?
And for those who use this product, how would you rate it?

Neroli

I found that the balancing moisurizer did not replenish enough moisturize to my 4b hair and I use nexxus humectress or any brand cholesteral mixed with couple of teaspoon castor oil (or some other natural oils) after each hard core protein treament. I rate aphogee okay and highly recommend nexxus emergencee as excellent compared to aphogee. Emergencee IS more expensive but well worth the extra dollars. I use aphogee only when I'm flat broke -- otherwise I do emergencee or wait until I have the cash.

To address your current problem of dryness, I recommend a thick creamy leave in mixed with a 2 teaspoons of a natural oil (nexxus headdress is my favorite mixed with castor oil) this combination always provide enough moisture to my 4b hair. I also suggest washing and doing a deep moisturizing conditioner in 2-3 days or as soon as you can manage. If it were me I'd wash again next day and deep moisturize.

kitchen_tician

ITA, the Balancing moisturizer doesn't provide enough moisture, after the Aphoghee treatment. I no longer use it, because of that reason, but still think it's great for breakage, etc...

Dandy112

I agree as well about the Balancing Moisturizer. I still use mine but then I follow up with Nexxus Humectress

ichephren

Maybe my hair's weird but I use the balancing moisturizer afterwards and it works well for me. Even after rinsing out the treatment, my hair is relatively moist. I'm a straight up 4a, if we're still using that categorization

hiza

I agree as well about the Balancing Moisturizer,doesn't provide enough moisture at all.
I use aphogee once a month.

580girl

I use Aphogee once a week on Saturdays, and have been using it for about 2 months now and it has left my hair dry too. I don't have the moisture I want but my hair does look and feel healthier which is what I needed.

sqzbly1908

That balancing moisturizer is garbage (IMO) I use either Kenra MC, Nexxus or Loreal Mega Moisture...it makes a BIG difference...hair feels strong yet has slip and is soft

ceebee3

I use Aphogee once a week on Saturdays, and have been using it for about 2 months now and it has left my hair dry too. I don't have the moisture I want but my hair does look and feel healthier which is what I needed.

I hope you don't mean you're using the 2 step protein treatment every week, that's really hard core and should be used every 6-8 weeks only.

If you're using the 2 minute eery week but your hair is dry stop using it so often and use a moisturizing deep conditioner every week.

*SkolarStar*

Aphogee works for me excellently. In fact, I'll be using it tomorrow for my braid install wednesday. As the rest of the ladies have said, the balancing moisturizer sucks. I use elasta qp dpr-11 mixed with evoo (or neutragena tripple moisture if I have time to buy it).

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Try adding the balancing moisturizer to your deep conditioner. Careful not to add too much, as this is a water-based product. :)

LushLox

I hope you don't mean you're using the 2 step protein treatment every week, that's really hard core and should be used every 6-8 weeks only.

If you're using the 2 minute eery week but your hair is dry stop using it so often and use a moisturizing deep conditioner every week.

I was recently watching a YouTube video where a girl was using the Aphogee protein treatment every week and she was complaining about the state of her hair. I cringed inwardly while watching, the setback could have easily have been avoided if she had just read the instructions. :nono:

As for Aphogee itself, yes I find it to be incredibly effective. I've not used it for a while now because my hair feels strong enough with the regular, milder treatments that I'm using.

JJamiah

Aphogee 2 step has been in my life for over 15 years and will continue to be so!
You don't have to use the Balancing mOisturizer use another really Great DC instead!

Lucia

It's a very good protein treatment one of the best IMO if you can get over the smell whew
but ITA the balancing moisturizer isn't that great although I didn't have problems with it cause I used the balancing moisturizer with the 2 min keratin, and then I always did a moisture DC with something extremely rich and creamy afterwards like cholesterol or silicon mix.
I don't use it anymore cause I only use it when I need it.

bimtheduck

I use it weekly before I DC. I stopped using it and started Joico kpak reconstructor and started seeing breakage at the demarcation line. Switch back to the aphogee abd the breakage it much better after 2 uses.