Aphogee

Body&Shine

I bought some sample packets of the Aphogee treatment for damaged hair. I plan to use this on my hair a week after every relaxer. I do stretch my relaxers for 12 weeks. I have notice some shedding/breakage after relaxers. It isn't a lot of shedding/breakage but it is enough to notice. I hope the aphogee will help with this.

How long should I sit under the dryer with this in my hair? The directions didn't specify a time.
The directions say don't use a plastic cap so do you pin your hair up or just leave it down?

Thanks for all of your help!!!

thiccknlong

Body&Shine said:
I bought some sample packets of the Aphogee treatment for damaged hair. I plan to use this on my hair a week after every relaxer. I do stretch my relaxers for 12 weeks. I have notice some shedding/breakage after relaxers. It isn't a lot of shedding/breakage but it is enough to notice. I hope the aphogee will help with this.

How long should I sit under the dryer with this in my hair? The directions didn't specify a time.
The directions say don't use a plastic cap so do you pin your hair up or just leave it down?

....Hope ? Hope it will help ? It will stop all breakage unless you don't follow the instructions. You will see more breakage on the floor than on your head.

First, read the instructions. Leave it in ur hair til it drys. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR HAIR WHILE IT'S IN IT AFTER YOU INITIALLY COMB THRU. Let it dry with no plastic cap....rinse....then follow with 1 or 2 moisterizing conds...then come back and tell us about your great results ! :)

Cincysweetie

I use this product about a week prior to getting a relaxer.

I do not put my hair in a plastic cap, pin it up, clip it, anything like that. I sit under the dryer with my hair down until it's completely dry and hard. Then I rinse it out really well and follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner (usually Keracare Humecto). Good luck!

janeemat

I use this the week before my relaxer and then 2 wks after. You will definitely notice a difference. The only thing I will add to the post is when rinsing, keep the force of the water on low until the hair softens up, then turn the force to normal and proceed from there.

CAPlush

You should leave it in until it dries. I pin mine up in 4 sections with plastic duck bill clips, but only because it dries faster for me this way. I do not remove the clips until after I re-wet my hair. Be very careful if you do decide to pin up your hair and do not mess with them. If you can tuck your hair up w/o pins, I suggest you do that.

lil'paw

What can I say, this stuff is the bomb. I used it before I got my individual braids. I was a little nervous a first so I left it on until my hair was just barely dry.
Not only did it strengthen my hair but it smoothed out my dry hair and brittle ends.
My hair is easier to moisturize now. :up:

Last edited:

Body&Shine

Ladies I really appreciate all of your help. I will follow your directions. The directions on the packet are a little vague to me. Thank you so much. I will report back when I use the product. I am thinking I will do it later this week or early next week.:)

mscocoface

I use this with my protective style every 7-8 weeks and it has been great. I only use the aphogee treatment and the conditioner then I deep condition after that.

GoldenBreeze

I'm natural. I pin my hair up with 4 metal clips, and either sit under the hooded dryer or blow dry (constantly moving the blow dryer), until my hair is hard and dry.

When I first start rinsing under the shower, I hold my hands up over my head so that the full force of the water doesn't hit my hair until my hair begins to soften. This is just me being extra cautious, cause I'm not trying ta have my hard hair break off before that Aphrogee rinses out. :)

ETA: Have a damp washcloth or some paper towels handy while drying the Aphrogee, because it does run/drip down your neck and face. I don't like for it to dry on my face close to my eyes, so as it runs I wipe it with the cloth.

Last edited:

Body&Shine

Goldenbreeze, will try your method of rinsing. Janeemat mention that I shouldn't start out with the water pressure to high. I was wondering how to prevent this because I wash in the shower.
Thanks Goldenbreeze & Janeemat problem solved.

Body&Shine

Ladies, I washed my hair tonight. I wish I would have tried the Aphogee tonight but I was afraid. I was also unsure about how to use it. You all have been a big help. I will use it on the next wash FOR SHO:D .

Lavendar

Body&Shine said:

These treatments are great and you have been given great advice. Don't forget to deep condition afterwards with a really good moisturizing conditioner. As for after-relaxer breakage, mine has reduced tremendously by taking more time during neutralizing. I learned that after thoroughly rinsing and after the 1st shampoo, the next shampoo should be left to sit in the hair for at least 5 minutes in order for neutralizing to really take effect. Then continue with a couple more washes. Better still, I apply Porosity Control after my rinse and 1st wash and leave on for 5 minutes, then proceed with 2 or 3 more washes. This has completely done away with my excessive after-relaxer shedding, and I had it terribly bad. Hope this helps! ;)