APL`13 Challenge

gvin89

I am very surprised that I made apl with my setbacks and laziness. I joined the merged '14 challenge and am looking forward to better hair practices next year. I will spend the next few weeks tweaking my reggie. Babying my edges, nape, and ends are on top of my priority list.

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Well I have decided to relax my hair or at the very least tex lax bc I don't want my hair completely straight but it needs to be straighter than this..

I will post a length check but I seriously doubt I made APL. I have a sew in but it's so loose that it needs to come down. It's only been up 5 weeks. I may get another one next weekend. So you all will likely see me in the APL/BSL 2014 challenge.

snoop

I'm hoping to surprise myself with the length in the next week and a half. I wanted to straighten my hair to do a length check but not sure if it will happen or not. At the very least I need to take out these two strand twists. They're so done that I'm having trouble stretching them for a pony. Have to wait until swimming is done on Sunday.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I cut my hair to SL last night.
I am officially transitioning again.

WhereItsAt

I'm sitting at work on break and I'm not sure if I want to perm my hair now. I'm 10 months post last ten - lax and I am not sure if I can bring myself to do it.. I wouldn't mind an alternative to perm though.. sigh.. decisions

kandegirl

Ladies,

I didn't quite make it. I think in six months, I'll be there (in the back at least).

I relaxed last night w/ nariobi sensitive-2 containers.
And I trimmed my ends as best as I could. I trim w/ the moon and last night was the last day for the winter season.

I wrap my hair and I love the fullness before I flat iron it but I didn't wrap it smoothly enough so I had to break out the heat, which makes it looks very thin, especially after a relaxer (run on sentence!)

After a few weeks, it's back to sew in weaves, getting back on track with applying my oils and taking ALL my vitamins.

On pic before flat ironing, the other two (at work) post flat iron

Attachments

• 2013 dec my hair 3.JPG
    2013 dec my hair 3.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 73
  • 2013 dec my hair 2.jpg
    2013 dec my hair 2.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 2013 dec my hair.jpg
    2013 dec my hair.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 116

snoop

I did a cowash and my hair is still full of red clay from last weeks. I think I'll be co-washing all weekend.

WhereItsAt

Well, I decided to relax..... Complete failure.. My front is relaxed and the other 90% of my hair doesn't even look like relaxer touched it at all.. Not to mention that my right side of my scalp is red.... SMH.... I don't know what to do now.. But the good thing is my left side is finally catching up to my right side. Thank goodness.. But I don't know what to do with my hair now though.... At least I can get a sew in bc my hair in the back has 90% shrinkage.. Anyone have any advice on what to do about it?

Last edited:

Gryphyn

My final update for the 2013 challenge...
I took my twists down on Thursday and got my hair flat ironed this weekend. Although my longest layer reached APL in September I'm back just below CBL now - about where I was in June. I have a lot more damage from my braid/kinky twist extensions than I thought, especially at the front and left side, and my ends are really ragged, but I'll be trimming all the straight parts off slowly over the next year anyway.

So I'm starting the APL 2014 challenge with my hair almost exactly the same length it was a year ago (pre-cut) and I'm hoping to at least maintain this length while I cut my straight ends off. If I still magically get back to APL next year despite all my trimming that will be a bonus.

BEAUTYU2U

I'm debating if I should cut my own hair or go to a stylist :look: for a trim / even up the chop job I did a few months ago. Either way, I'm definitely and firmly shoulder length :nono: These past two years have sucked ayse!

snoop

I did my first roller set today. I like how much softer my hair turned out! I think that I'll have to try to work this into my regimen, especially once the weather starts warming up again. Going to wait until next weekend before I do my length check.

snoop

I love how my flat twist out turned out!!! ACK! I just wish that I had someplace to go this afternoon so that I could show it off!

I realize though that fussy ends are my downfall, in that if the ends aren't smooth in the twist out unraveling the twists leads to detangling and frizzy hair... got to figure out how to style with smooth ends this year...

WhereItsAt

Well these are my length check pics. Please ignore my back and bra. It is ill fitting and I have a fat all over.

Still don't know what to do with the under processed parts of my hair. I had to flat iron my back spots to get it even semi straight.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131224_084504.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131224_084504.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 42
  • ForumRunner_20131224_084515.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131224_084515.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

gvin89

I love how my flat twist out turned out!!! ACK! I just wish that I had someplace to go this afternoon so that I could show it off!

I realize though that fussy ends are my downfall, in that if the ends aren't smooth in the twist out unraveling the twists leads to detangling and frizzy hair... got to figure out how to style with smooth ends this year...

Where are the pics snoop

felic1

Ladies,

I didn't quite make it. I think in six months, I'll be there (in the back at least
I relaxed last night w/ nariobi sensitive-2 containers.
And I trimmed my ends as best as I could. I trim w/ the moon and last night was the last day for the winter season.

I wrap my hair and I love the fullness before I flat iron it but I didn't wrap it smoothly enough so I had to break out the heat, which makes it looks very thin, especially after a relaxer (run on sentence!)

After a few weeks, it's back to sew in weaves, getting back on track with applying my oils and taking ALL my vitamins.

On pic before flat ironing, the other two (at work) post flat iron

kandegirl Your hair looks nice! Merry Christmas to you!!:yep:

snoop

gvin89

Since I plan on putting my hair in two strand twists again, I've decided that today would be length check day. First pic show my hair over the last three years with the last one being the style from yesterday.

The second pic is today, day old twist out and final length check for 2013. Hoping to claim APL early next year!

Attachments

• LHCF1.jpg
    LHCF1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 60
  • LHCF2.jpg
    LHCF2.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 93

gvin89

gvin89

Since I plan on putting my hair in two strand twists again, I've decided that today would be length check day. First pic show my hair over the last three years with the last one being the style from yesterday.

The second pic is today, day old twist out and final length check for 2013. Hoping to claim APL early next year!

Great progress! You are well on your way!

CharlieEcho

Here's my starting photo. I've been on my natural hair journey for 3 years. I'm still only just SL. I'm hoping I'll make it to APL next year.

Last edited:

Shalay11

Would this be apl ? If not how much longer so I can claim it.. First pic is from oct 2nd from first week of dec ..

image-1489425128.jpg

image-4136485920.jpg

Shalay11

OOps, I didn't read your post before I commented. Yes you've reached APL, congrats lady!

Yay, i feel like I've finally found a regimen and products that I can stick too.. I've retained the most length in the last 6 months from using crochets , shea moisture retention shampoo and conditioner . Kimmytube leave in, coconut oil...aphogee treatments every 10-12 weeks and deep conditioning with honey suckle toes every 4-6 weeks.. I finally feel like I don't need to buy stuff I see people raving about

pearlific1

I was originally going to straighten my hair for our end of year reveal but have decided against using heat.

This was my first year being completely texlaxed after suffering extreme breakage as a natural. I'm pretty pleased with my hair's overall progress. Hopefully I can get to BSB with no setbacks by the end of next year. I do plan on trimming for evenness in the next week or so.