APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

Your in a whole new environment. The temperature, humidity and everything is different. You may have to learn some new techniques for dealing with your hair in PR.

No cutting your hair unless it is damaged. Put in some braids and take a breather.

but see that's the thing though. The environment here is not as harsh as it is back home in New Orleans. It's not as hot or nearly as humid as it is back home so idk what the problem is.

faithVA

[USER=252932 said:
NikkiQ[/USER];16318679]but see that's the thing though. The environment here is not as harsh as it is back home in New Orleans. It's not as hot or nearly as humid as it is back home so idk what the problem is.

I understand that. But it is different. So your hair may still need to go through an adjustment period. Cutting your hair off isn't going to make you feel better. Just give it some time and see if you can see what it needs.

lamaria211

faithVA said:
Your in a whole new environment. The temperature, humidity and everything is different. You may have to learn some new techniques for dealing with your hair in PR.

No cutting your hair unless it is damaged. Put in some braids and take a breather.

I second that!!!!

livinthevida

A quick comparison rollersetting with Wild Growth Hair Oil (WGHO) vs Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) at the BSL 2012 Challenge :yep: Here's an added copy of my post:

Ladies here's my comparison pics of roller-setting with Wild Growth Hair Oil (WGHO) vs Organic Coconut Oil (OCO)! Now that I am using a new hair oil I TRULY LOVE WGHO over OCO :2inlove:

WGHO does a really good job keeping my hair very light and not weighed down. OCO definitely gave much more shine for my type of hair yet WGHO is so much softer with these results. I like that my hair has bounce and is lightweight on my shoulders! I am beginning to think OCO is better to use in cooler months as a sealant to the harsh weather and WGHO is best for warmer months to keep my hair light and carefree! I just felt like I stepped out of a salon! VAAVAAAVOOOOOOOM :kiss3:

I've added quick pictures here showing my left and right side with WGHO, my curly APL end :grin:, ready for my workout I set a loose bun!, and a May OCO roller-set to June WGHO roller-set:

Attachments

• leftside_wgho!.JPG
    leftside_wgho!.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 25
  • rightside_wgho!.JPG
    rightside_wgho!.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 23
  • averycurliend_wgho!.JPG
    averycurliend_wgho!.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 22
  • milooseworkoutbun_wgho!.JPG
    milooseworkoutbun_wgho!.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 26
  • rollerset_oco vs wgho!.JPG
    rollerset_oco vs wgho!.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

livinthevida

That's about MBL for me. Do you mean off of a WNG with full shrinkage? Honestly when I first came to this site APL was my goal. Now that I've got it I'm definitely going for BSL!
Hi afrofaithful! I'm aiming all of my hair to fall naturally at APL (after a very nice rollerset!). My weekend hair post in May shows my shrinkage has me at ear length :lachen: I'm use to it yet if I wait until my shrinkage is APL I'll be hoping for full APL into 2013! :lol:

I am with you on reaching BSL! We can do this! Let's go to GREAT LENGTHS! :wink2:

Spongebob

Man, I have finally come to terms that my goal length is going to be APL for a long time.

Not because of short hair, but because I have only trimmed my hair less than 5 times in 3 years since I shaved my head back in August 2009. Once I hit that 3 year mark in August 2012, I'm going to switch my focus from length to health/quality.

That probably means lots of trims, and TLC

Cannot wait to straighten all my hair for the first time since I shaved my head. It's going to be on my wedding day. I think I deserve it don't you think, lol

livinthevida

Shampoo 1x weekly or every 2 weeks
DC whenever I shampoo
Celies or twists for a week
Stretched twist out/braid out for a week
M&S when I can remember these days :nono:

Something needs to change though. But I feel no motivation.Being out here I don't go anywhere most of the time unless it's to the beach.
NikkiQ we're here to keep you motivated lady!!! this may sound out of left field yet how about trying a rollerset? :grin: You know me I LOVE my rollersets! maybe just try it once and see if you can change up the reggie from doing your cellies to a roller set every once a while ;)

livinthevida

Man, I have finally come to terms that my goal length is going to be APL for a long time.

Not because of short hair, but because I have only trimmed my hair less than 5 times in 3 years since I shaved my head back in August 2009. Once I hit that 3 year mark in August 2012, I'm going to switch my focus from length to health/quality.

That probably means lots of trims, and TLC

Cannot wait to straighten all my hair for the first time since I shaved my head. It's going to be on my wedding day. I think I deserve it don't you think, lol
Spongebob you DO deserve it! & remember to post pics pleeeeaazeee :yep:

NikkiQ

livinthevida said:
NikkiQ we're here to keep you motivated lady!!! this may sound out of left field yet how about trying a rollerset? :grin: You know me I LOVE my rollersets! maybe just try it once and see if you can change up the reggie from doing your cellies to a roller set every once a while ;)

I don't even own rollers lol. Rollersets are not my thing though. Never did like them.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

lamaria211

I usually CW on tuesdays but my big brother (& only brother) is having his first child tomorrow:) so I might not get a chance to but if I do ill use Natures Gate Aloe Moisturizing Condish+Ion Hard Water Condish

NikkiQ

Got a live hair up my butt and decided to try out some new products and put in some twists before I grab the scissors and start choppin away

NikkiQ

I wish it was vodka and cran :lachen: I'm surprised they came out that fat,but there was no method to the madness when I did em. Just pulled hair from the clip,put Hairveda herbal green tea oil creme on and twist. I still have the urge to cut it all off so I'm keeping it out of sight.

gforceroy

I made a length check tee with an old uniform undershirt. The shirt looks sooo big in the picture lol. I am not even APL yet.. but it was still motivating making the shirt. I will be doing my length checks from the back now! :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120703_160347.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120703_160347.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 48

claud-uk

gforceroy - are you going to add inch lines/markers to your tee? That way you can keep an eye on your progress on a more regular basis just by doing stretch tests (no heat).

gforceroy

claud-uk In between the 2 lines I made? I guess I should since I don't plan to straighten till September (maybe I will be at least grazing APL?). I have always done pull tests though..

Edit: I took your advice and added lines in between.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

That is the neatest length check shirt I've ever seen someone make!

NikkiQ

Thanks pelohello! They're kinda smushed in th back now though lol. Its fine though. I have my bonnet on anyway.

Evolving78

i'm about to rinse out this dc. i slept with a baggy (oil treatment) on last night. my hair wasn't mushy. it was really soft. now i need to decide if i want to air dry or roller set.

kittenz

I'm late but I'm here. These were taken last week I think. My progress has slowed down :ohwell: but whatever.
photo_1.JPG
Wet puff with con
photo_4.JPG
photo_5.JPG
photo_7.JPG
photo_6.JPG
My 'do any given day

Last edited: