APL 2012 Challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
MsSonya, that sounds really good. I'll have to give that a try.

My weekend plans are to just keep nursing my scalp burns. I tried to take a pic but you couldn't really see them but in person you can. I have scalp burns all around my hair line. I've been using vaseline. It's been helping with the itch.

NikkiQ

^^^Are you using anything else on the burns besides the vaseline? I hate that that happened to you :nono:

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^Are you using anything else on the burns besides the vaseline? I hate that that happened to you :nono:

No just the vaseline. I was going to use aloe vera but it was too wet for me. The scabs are starting to peel, it just itches like crazy:spinning:. I'm trying real hard not to scratch them. I still can't believe that the relaxer burned my scalp like this. This degree of scabs/burn has never happened to me before. My scalp was still burning even after the relaxer was washed out. When I went to workout my scalp was tingling too:nono:. It has since stopped (after 4days) & I haven't experienced any breakage but I've been keeping my hair up.

LadyRaider

Due to family emergency, I did not get the chance to photograph my hair when it was straight this week. Well I I took some not so good shots.

Still about an inch away in the front.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Wash my hair early this morning. My scalp has been acting up from all the sweat since I forgot to cowash during the week. Ended up using a regular sulfate shampoo to get my scalp extra extra clean followed up with a tea tree shampoo. I saturated my hair with a ton of conditioner and oil before shampooing to keep it from getting overly clean and matting. It worked! I'm about to put some sulfur grease on the few itchy spots left which should be enough to keep my scalp in check until my next cowash.

lamaria211

I took my minis out today I didnt realize how much I missed playing in my hair I might bun for a few days before I redo them

afroette

pelohello, I used vit. E on my scalp burns, or if I have none of that, then some other oil that has nutrients. I had a burn in my neck crease this past time. Now THAT is painful.

Guinan

Re-Branding
afronette I'll try vit e. Although I like the Vaseline cause it helps with the itch, it doesn't soothe, if that makes any sense.

NikkiQ I'm living the pony. Ponys & wngs will be my summer protective style. I havent tried a braidout pony though

Guinan

Re-Branding
pelohello said:
afronette I'll try vit e. Although I like the Vaseline cause it helps with the itch, it doesn't soothe, if that makes any sense.

NikkiQ I'm living the pony. Ponys & wngs will be my summer protective style. I havent tried a braidout pony though

It should say luving the pony

NikkiQ

I'm so late, but I wanna join toooo! I missed this June's check in :(

Come on in Msmchy!!! Don't worry about missing the length check. They aren't mandatory. Just post any updates whenever you like,but the next length check is end of September. So you have plenty of time to catch up.

Any ladies in here cowash and just put their hair in a pony or a bun? I'm trying to figure out an easy daily routine to do for the summer and maybe beyond while I'm out here in this year round heat.

Mjon912

Hey ladies...I'm prepooing right now...will wash out in the morning and rollerset...I'm jumping back into the man challenge so hopefully my bangs will hit cbl by the end of the year, right now they are chin length and the longest they've been since I was probably 13... I'm excited to see them get to longer lengths!

claud-uk

Hi ladies,

Checking in the for the weekend - I'll be doing an moisture and ceramide oil tx all day today (probably Coco/Avo/WGO/Sunflower wrapped in film) then tomorrow I'm going to mix some kind of DC tx with Honey/AVG/Shea and some DC's. Going to apply, leave for about 6 hours, then heat cap for 1 hour before allowing to cool and then I will run a rinse-out con over the top before rinsing. No protein or poo for me this weekend, going to give my hair a little treat instead :yep:

I may try wet bunning after - if this doesn't work I'll do some kind of twistout bun/updo. Will post pics if any good.

NikkiQ

I wanted to wash my hair today,but I'm just gonna stick with this ponytail for a bit. It's still pretty moisturized from the Hairveda oil creme that I used but I'll spray on a little something extra before running errands.

SkySurfer

Good news, guys! i think I've actually reached/passed APL without knowing it (blame/thank all that protective sytling LOL) Here are some pics:

Well guys....On to the next one :)

Attachments

• 2012-07-07 13.42.50.jpg
    2012-07-07 13.42.50.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 2012-07-07 13.57.23.jpg
    2012-07-07 13.57.23.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 84

Carmelella

For the past three weeks i've been cowashing, deep conditioning, I did my first rollerset but b/c my hair is not bone straight I still had to flat iron. And I did an aphogee treatment.

All in all I blow dried and flat ironed about three times, maybe 4. :nono:

I attempted to put weave pieces in for length and although it came out looking good it is just too much work.

This week I'll be slapping a weave right back in with some front and back leave out.

Here is a length check before the weave goes in. I stuck a tape measurer under my arm pits so that u can see the line more clearly. From the tip of my hair to the top of the tape measurer is 1.5 inches.

image-3521279586.jpg

image-790290870.jpg

Last edited:

bibs

NikkiQ said:
Any ladies in here cowash and just put their hair in a pony or a bun? I'm trying to figure out an easy daily routine to do for the summer and maybe beyond while I'm out here in this year round heat.

This is my go to everyday style. I'm still trying to grow out the last of my heat damage so my wash n go's look terrible. I cowash and pull it into a fluffy pony or high bun if my hair is stretched.

I braided my hair last night into about 10 braids and tried a braidout today and it actually came out nice! I hardly ever wear my braid/twist outs out. I'll try to remember to take a pic after I get this baby to sleep.

NikkiQ

This is my go to everyday style. I'm still trying to grow out the last of my heat damage so my wash n go's look terrible. I cowash and pull it into a fluffy pony or high bun if my hair is stretched.

I braided my hair last night into about 10 braids and tried a braidout today and it actually came out nice! I hardly ever wear my braid/twist outs out. I'll try to remember to take a pic after I get this baby to sleep.

bibs do you get any tangles from doing that or do you detangle when you cowash?

bibs

Congrats SkySurfer!

NikkiQ , I finger detangle in the shower and then again when I'm adding in my leave-in and coconut oil. I have way less tangles when I put it up then when I try to wear a WnG.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

I might try that out for 2 weeks and see how my hair fairs out. If not, back in Celies it will go.