Apl 2016 Challenge

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I fell off the APL train badly.
Got a major cut in July back to SL (it was necessary).

I'll be in the 2017 APL challenge for full APL.

Way to go to all off the ladies hanging in and participating in the challenge!!

Wenbev

ms @faithVA it worked this time. Maybe if I write getting a raise into existence, I'll get that too.

No pics tho, I'm feeling eh today.

What I did:
prepooed with aveda damage remedy, coconut oil, liquid aminos and a couple drops of stinky neem oil. Shampooed with yes to carrots, dc with SSI avocado. twisted in four and tshirt dried. Added a serum heat protectant and blowdried in sections with a paddle brush. Was able to get some real top bun action for the first time in years without any bobby pin help. I may go out and buy a donut bun stuffer since pony is long enough to cover the whole thing.
Still no where close to APL. Will be in the 2017 thread.

Last edited:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I am trying to organise my Dec appt with Reniece and hopefully it will include a flat iron and length check. Then I plan to head to NY for a medical conference. So if it all works out I'll get at least a week of swanging straight hair before I have to come back to the humid and hot C'bbean.

Wenbev

Wash day today; first wash since last week when I straightened.

Prepoo on dry hair with aveda's damage remedy, a mix of EOs and hemp seed oil for 20 min, followed with aveda brillance clarifying shampoo and DCd with SSI avocado. Hair feels moisturized and strong (thanks protein). Will straighten again today.
I like that my shed hair count as well as the amount of hair in the shower goes down when I wear my hair straight.

Last edited:

Aggie

Prepooing this morning with a mixture of HQS The Slip Conditioner mixed with Banyan Botanicals Healthy Hair Oil and AVJ
Shampooing with Redken Color Extend Manetics Shampoo
Protein Treating with a mixture of some leftover Keracare Super Reconstructor and Neutral Protein Filler
Moisture DCing with my small jar APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle...finally :happydance:
Moisturizing with Bel Nouvo Avo & Shea Hair Milk
Plaiting my hair down for my wig. I will be wigging it out for a couple weeks.

Wenbev

had a consult with the hair dresser. mentioned how I wanted to color my hair and then told her I used to henna my hair and her eyes almost crossed.
she doesnt want to color my hair because shes afraid the color wont take or will ruin my hair bc I wanted to go lighter. my hair is dk brown so I cant go darker. sigh
not sure what to do now.

NefertariBlu

Spilt ends per usual. The ends started tangling so I had to cut them.

I noticed that I suffer from breakage from the crown to mid back of my hair and I don't know why.

It has broken off at least 2-3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I've been noticing this for a while. I barely do anthing to my hair and I keep it moisturised so I'm not sure why it's breaking. I'm fed up with it now.

faithVA

I noticed that I suffer from breakage from the crown to mid back of my hair and I don't know why.

It has broken off at least 2-3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I've been noticing this for a while. I barely do anthing to my hair and I keep it moisturised so I'm not sure why it's breaking. I'm fed up with it now.
I'm sorry to hear that.

NefertariBlu

I'm sorry to hear that.
Yep. Me too. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but clearly I'm not. It's so frustrating.

I'm not focusing on my hair at all for the rest of the year. I will continue to wear a wig until I can deal with it again. I'm just going to do the minimum.

faithVA

@faithVA , are you hosting this challenge for 2017? I'm kind of excited....waiting on my top layers to make full SL (currently a little below NL).

Absolutely I am.

I'm not sure when my top layers will even reach SL. I'm so ready to be done with the SL thread though I will figure it out next year. So I may not be full SL in December but I will be moving into the APL challenge. I should reach full SL between June and August.

I don't know why I hosted this year since I knew I wasn't going to be APL :perplexed: :lol:

Wenbev

I'll be with you in 17 @faithVA

Had my appt for color and a trim today. She tried first to strip the the henna from my grey hairs where the red stripe was most apparent in a small section. 30 min later, only a slight change had occurred. Plans to lighten hair are now out the window. The only way I could lighten my hair is to cut off all the henna dyed hair. No bueno.

We decided on coloring my hair with a custom color she whipped up on just the new growth which is about 4-6 in and the thick stripe of hennaed grey hairs. My hair is now a chocolate-ish brown with a bronzeish tone. The grey hairs took to the bronze and is lovely. There is no line of demarcation between the new growth and the previously hennaed hair in the section I had a huge stripe of grey hair. The red has been toned down so is is barely visible. I'll have to check it in the sunlight tomor. Overall we were both pleased with the results.

OAN, this was the first time I'd been to a stylist in almost three years. She told me my hair looks healthy and she actually complemented me on my hair trimming skills. She ended up not trimming very much.

ladies, if you are on the fence about hennaing your hair, stay on the fence and really ask yourself, can I live with dark hair for the rest of my life or am I ok with having to transition out the henna and eventually having to cut it off to change hair color :look:

Wenbev

dang we're on page 5?

washed hair for first time after color last week. Clarified with aveda's brillant shampoo, followed with avedas damage remedy for protein, and used ojon's moisturizing condish to counteract the protein. towel dried for 30 min and used SSIs botanical spray, marshmallow marula leave in and honey castor to seal. Twisted in eight and will let product airdry.
wore my hair straight for almost six weeks straight and no heat damage. Yay!

GGsKin

Thanks for the bump @Wenbev. Yesterday I washed my hair for the first time since henna 10 days ago. I used diluted protein condtioner (MCBJ) on my ends and nape and followed with diluted AOWC.
Then I clay washed my hair.

My mum gave me some Aloe leaves so I peeled and crushed one, and poured the juice over scalp and hair after I rinsed the clay. Still waiting for my hair to dry this morning but making the juice myself didn't lead to immediately hard hair, like the bottled stuff usually does.

I'll wear it down today so it can dry and put it up in a banana clip later.

Evolving78

Absolutely I am.

I'm not sure when my top layers will even reach SL. I'm so ready to be done with the SL thread though I will figure it out next year. So I may not be full SL in December but I will be moving into the APL challenge. I should reach full SL between June and August.

I don't know why I hosted this year since I knew I wasn't going to be APL :perplexed: :lol:
I'll be there with you! As soon as one strand is SL, I move on! Lol

Evolving78

It your hair dry like hard/straw like? Or super soft in that area?