Apl 2016 Challenge

faithVA

Welcome to APL 2016. Everyone is welcome.

Post the following to join in

What length are you now?

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

What's your regimen?

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL?

What's your goal month if any?

Post your starting pic:

The challenge will officially start on January 1st, 2016 and end December 31st, 2016. Please commit to checking in at least 1x a month to let us know you are on track and to support everyone else. Let's do what we can to keep this thread lively.

Post your starting pic by 12/31/2015.

Plan to post your reveal pic by 12/31/2016. You can post earlier if you reach APL any time in between.

We will have additional length checks or length updates on
April 2016
August 2016
December 2016

Post as many hair pics as you like because you know we love pics :yep:

Last edited:

faithVA

What length are you now? NL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What's your regimen?
I am currently doing MHM with Terraveda Organix products washing every 3 to 4 days. I shampoo once a month and protein every 4 to 6 weeks. I dust my ends every 8 to 12 weeks.

I need to be more consistent with my protein treatments.
I am trying to switch over to semipermanent color to see if it helps my ends.
I need to figure out how to reduce the splits which I hope I can accomplish between the color and the protein.

What's your goal month if any? December, 2016

Post your starting pic:
Dec2015_LC_Back (2).png Dec2015_LC_Front.png Dec2015_LC_Side.png DEC2015LengthCheck.jpg

Last edited:

Wenbev

Post the following to join in

What length are you now? CBL-ish

What's your regimen? Currently cowashing 2-3x/week, twistouts every other week, two flat twists every other week. Henna every 4-6 weeks for grey hair coverage.

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL? Continue with regimen, balance protein and moisture.

What's your goal month if any? My lofty goal is July 2016 - realistic goal is December 2016 :)

Post your starting pic: attached

Thanks Ms Faith for setting this up

Attachments

• dec 2015.jpe
    dec 2015.jpe
    16 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
What length are you now?

Claiming shoulder length.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

Relaxed/Texlaxed

What's your regimen?

Cleanse with a cleansing conditioner or rhassoul clay several times per week. Sulfate-free shampoo about 2 times per month. Clarify shampoo about 1 time per month. Frequent oil user. Vitamins daily. Semi-perm color on occasion. Protein (light) about 2 times per month. OLAPLEX user. Deep condition weekly.

Cut back on heat. Incorporate scalp massages.

What's your goal month if any?

December/2016 to include dusting/trimming as needed.

Post your starting pic:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
Today is a hair therapy day. I plan to spend waaay too much time working on it. I have scalp massages, Olaplex, and deep conditioning planned for the day.

I should've also mentioned in my first post that I've decided to do Nutribullet smoothies more consistently. This, along with exercise and protein shakes for my fitness routine will benefit my hair/skin health too.

xu93texas

Holding my spot. Thanks @faithVA !!

1. Current length: shoulder length
2. Natural
3. Regimen: pre-poo/wash/DC every 7-10 days. I M&S daily: protein treatment every 2 weeks; wear wigs 99% of the time. I take Manetabolism, Neocell collage, MSM powder, and drink bamboo tea
4. I need to eat better and exercise on a consistent basis. I also need to be consistent with monthly inversions.
5. My goal date is 9/1/2016
6. Starting pic is avatar pic- which will remain until I reach APL.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
In it to win it!

Natural
Current: SL
Goal month: December 2016
How Im getting there: im a slow grower but vitamins help get me to normal growth rate so a daily multi is critical. Other than that, my hair is pleased with the current regimen:
  • Shampoo weekly
  • Reconstructor weekly
  • Moisture DC weekly
  • Hard protein as needed
  • Moisturizing and sealing a few times a week
  • Seek and destroy ssk monthly or more
  • Daily PSing
APL is my ultimate goal. I dont want longer than that. This WILL be the year!

Pic to come after SL challenge.

Attachments

• 2015-12-28 17.35.14.png
    2015-12-28 17.35.14.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 55

30something

I'm in, my hair is collar bone length??? SHL? I think, my hair been trapped in jumbo braids since early oct, and extention twist since may of this year. I re do and detangle braids that looks frizzy or grow out too far from scalp so it always looks fresh.

My regime once a week
I shampoo with macadamia Professional Ultra Rich moisture shampoo.
Deep condition with joico moisture rich treatment balm.
My leave in is a conviction of camille rose twisting product, and something else of hers I have no idea the name. With honey dew and water in a spray bottle with water.

Moisturize with honey dew in a water spray bottle.

My plan to armpit length is keep doing what I have been doing. It's been working so far, shampoo, deep condition, redo braids each, the ones that don't look to hot. After about 3 weeks most are all redone.

GGsKin

LENGTH: Longest layers :SL (10 inches)
Main body: NL (7 inches) Pulled and measured dry.

Natural

REGIMEN: Wet my hair every 2/3 or 4 days, clay wash once a week. DC with protein and moisture when needed. Wear wash and go sealed with gel. Dust weathering or split ends maybe every other month or so.

This past year I had more success when I baggied with a wig, as opposed to letting my hair 'dry out'. I also love the wash and go and saw good retention, so I will go back to wetting my hair regularly and baggying overnight.

GOAL MONTH: December 2016.

I don't stretch my hair so my pic might be a pull or may just be as is (more than likely):look:...the measures are above.

Attachments

• 2015-12-21_21.54.41.jpg
    2015-12-21_21.54.41.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 80

ajargon02

What length are you now? Just below collar bone in front and just at the top of apl in the back.

What's your regimen? Wash weekly dc weekly. I alternate protein and moisturizing dc on each wash.
I then put in my leave-in and seal with whipped butter.

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL? Leave my hair alone.

What's your goal month if any? Dec 2016, but I hope to make it by summer.

Attachments

• 20151206_201810.jpg
    20151206_201810.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • 20151206_201812.jpg
    20151206_201812.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

faithVA

What length are you now? Just below collar bone in front and just at the top of apl in the back.

What's your regimen? Wash weekly dc weekly. I alternate protein and moisturizing dc on each wash.
I then put in my leave-in and seal with whipped butter.

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL? Leave my hair alone.

What's your goal month if any? Dec 2016, but I hope to make it by summer.

You are already APL in the back. You are more than welcome to stay in here with us but you may be more interested in the APL/BSL challenge. You will be in and out of this thread before you know it.

londonfog

Hello Ladies!!

Starting details & pic below!

What length are you now? - Barely SL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? - Natural

What's your regimen? - Cowash once a week, Shampoo w/ sulfate free poo every other week, Poo w/ sulfate poo once a month, DC once a week, trim as needed, Twist hair every other night (using LOC method) for twistout into curly puff.

What's do you need to do/change to reach APL? - keep doing what I'm doing.

What's your goal month if any? - June 2016

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63

faithVA

I have added the following challengers to the list.
AbysBlvd
ajargon02
DarkJoy
faithVA
InBloom
londonfog
Wenbev
xu93texas
If you don't see your name, make sure you have completed your starting post with a pic. When you have it ready let me know and I will add you to the challenge list.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Starting off this right. Back on the multivitamin and collagen.

Today was wash day so I prepoo with a mix of EOs in sunflower and evoo. Then used an exfoliating shampoo, reconstructor, and DC. Its twisted and covered til styling tomorrow. working hard on keeping it simple. Aint taking no prisoners this year! :lol:

faithVA

Going to keep my hair tucked away during this cold weather. I don't feel like figuring out a new style so I'm just going to do flat twist to the center and tucked under. By the summer I may have a little flat twist bun. Now its just a very small bump.

SemiPermanentColor010316_Twist.png

InBloom

In my new-growth
I'm really enjoying this Eden Bodyworks cleansing conditioner. It's surprisingly effective in getting my hair clean. I added olive oil to the container and mixed really well. I can do this.