Apl 2018

writtenthought

Totally agree. Protein isn’t the issue. It’s glycerin sucking the moisture out of your hair. When I use products with glycerin I make sure I dampen my hair first, and seal with a heavier product afterwards. Using glycerin completely ruins any definition in my hair when the humidity is high, but it will soft as all get out. However when humidity is lower/it’s cold out I avoid glycerin completely.

I used a different moisturizer last night, my hair feels so good!

kupenda

I was too lazy to find my satin cap last night. Plus it’s too small and squishes my head so I hate wearing it. I’ll look on Etsy for a nicer one. Especially since my hair feels sooooo dry now even though it was moist and well moisturized before I went to bed. Ugh

UPDATE
So I wasn’t too lazy tonight. I cowashed my leave out with Oyin Ginger Mint then did LOC (leftover water as “L”, Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs as the “O” and Oyin Whipped Pudding as the “C” before adding a layer of Shea butter for shine.

Last edited:

faithVA

I'm currently back to shoulder length ladies so I'm back in here to grow my hair out all over again. I had some demi permanent color damage and was forced to trim my hair and still trimming to get all the damaged ends off.
Sorry you had to cut but glad to have you join us.

TLC1020

Hey ladies, I'm checking in!

I been wearing my hair pulled back in a bun for awhile, I just finished washing and conditioning my hair. I was going to bun it again, but I decided to flat iron it and wear it down for a few days before I rebun. I'm just trying to keep it simple with less manipulation.. So far so good..

faithVA

Instead of shampooing on Friday, I filled a bottle with water several times and poured it over my scalp and through my twist. I massage it in and then let my hair air dry a bit. I then took down my twist and applied a leave-in and a moisturizer. Tonight I took down my twist and they felt pretty good. So that may work when I want to extend my wash day. I think I want to add the restorative spray to the combination. So tonight I sprayed each section with restorative spray and then sealed it in with the Mane Choice moisturizer. Then I twisted back up. I think this will last me until the weekend. However, mid week I will spritz my ends and reseal and I will continue to spritz my scalp daily.

kupenda

I’ve found that despite what many hair dressers and gurus have told me, Kinky Curly Knot Today is not too thin for my kinky hair. My hair loves it actually. Thicker, cream like moisturizers rob me of definition and give me more “poof” whereas KCKT smooths out my hair and brings out my texture. It also keeps my hair happy (if sealed with oil) for at least two days. Creamier products give me shine though

naturalagain2

I want to use my Rhassoul Clay this weekend. I need a new empty bottle from Sally's to make it. I love that stuff it leaves my hair so moisturized and clean!

I noticed my hair has grown a lot since I cut it in Dec/Jan. I wonder if the growth oil gave me a extra boost? I hope so. I think it has!

faithVA

I want to use my Rhassoul Clay this weekend. I need a new empty bottle from Sally's to make it. I love that stuff it leaves my hair so moisturized and clean!

I noticed my hair has grown a lot since I cut it in Dec/Jan. I wonder if the growth oil gave me a extra boost? I hope so. I think it has!
Where do you buy your rhassoul clay?