Apl 2018

faithVA

Didn't feel like washing my hair so I moisturized and put in Bantu knots. It was curly enough to wear it curly but I had a part down the middle so that wouldn't work out. So I just pulled it up in a puff. My back is still struggling to catch up but it is a bit longer than last year. So its coming along.

20180310_152856.jpg

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I think I’ve finally found a regimen I can be consistent with. I am loving my clay washes and I have a whole collection of Ayurvedic powders that I love to mix. I was initially dc-ing after each clay cleanse but my hair doesn’t seem to need it with the clays. I think I’ll try once a month in dc-ing and reevaluate as I go. I’m hoping to make APL by summer. I forgot to add that I used my steamer for the first time in a while. I steamed in twists with EVOO and then clay washed afterward. Winning combo for my hair.

naturalagain2

Yesterday I washed with my Rhassoul clay wash. Then Dc'ed with Keracare Humecto and mixed with Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor then I topped with Vatika Frosting. I went under the dryer for 40 mins.

After I twisted and and used Camille Rose Curl milk and Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Mousse then rolled each twist with small perm rods. My hair came out very nice and curly. Nice hold too.

I plan to maintain at night by doing small ponytails (will see how this works out) and maybe every other night twist using my AVJ mix and my Shea butter mix and roll with my mini flexirods.

faithVA

I shampooed the left side with black soap a friend made and the right side with MC Easy on the curls. The MC is just a bit easier to work with for my small curls. The black soap requires me to work a bit harder. The end result of both sides seem similar. I would have to try the black soap more to see how it really turns out. I think I prefer it as a shower soap.

I am deep conditioning with the MC Antibreakage mask. Going to rinse and spritz with my diluted TGIN leave-in.

I haven't figured out what I am using after that. I will layer a few things :perplexed: Then I will put in my usual flat twist.

Last edited:

faithVA

I added almond oil over the leave in. I let my hair dry for about 30 to 45 minutes. Then I sealed with MC butter and put MC split end repair on the ends.

Next time I think I will skip the oil, let my hair air dry and then seal with butter and see how that works.

I may need to dust my ends before the end of April.:sad: unless I do a major search and destroy. I might do that since I haven' done that in months.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I’m so bored with my hair. I finally tried SM curling smoothie w/ecostyler for my w-n-g and it made my curls pop but gave me so much shrinkage. Also, I keep growing this mullet. I used to trim the back to keep a shape but I’ll never reach APL if I keep doing that. I’m just sick of it all…

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I’m so bored with my hair. I finally tried SM curling smoothie w/ecostyler for my w-n-g and it made my curls pop but gave me so much shrinkage. Also, I keep growing this mullet. I used to trim the back to keep a shape but I’ll never reach APL if I keep doing that. I’m just sick of it all…
My hair grows in that mullet shape too no matter what I do. I guess I’ll just have to let it grow and hope that at a certain length it won’t be so noticeable.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I’ve been looking at old threads to see how long it took on average to get to APL. I saw a lot of people had actually measured the length from SL-APL. I don’t know why I’d never done that before.... Anyway I measured almost 5” from SL-APL. No wonder it took me a full year the first time I got there! That’s a long way! Has anyone else measured?

TLC1020

Hey ladies,

I got my hair braided on Friday, I'm glad to be protecting my hair from all the elements for the next 1 1/2 - 2mths.. My braids are similar to Michelle from Destiny Child braids with the box braids in the back and single braids around the front and sides..

Since I won't be able to reveal in April with everyone else, I attached a pic from March 4th. I'm making good progress but I make much better progress when my hair totally protected in braids or bun 7 days a week.

Attachments

• 20180318_171525.jpg
    20180318_171525.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 68

faithVA

:bighug: I feel you. I'm bored over here as well.

faithVA

I’ve been looking at old threads to see how long it took on average to get to APL. I saw a lot of people had actually measured the length from SL-APL. I don’t know why I’d never done that before.... Anyway I measured almost 5” from SL-APL. No wonder it took me a full year the first time I got there! That’s a long way! Has anyone else measured?

I think it's 3.5 to 4 inches from SL to APL for me.

faithVA

Hey ladies,

I got my hair braided on Friday, I'm glad to be protecting my hair from all the elements for the next 1 1/2 - 2mths.. My braids are similar to Michelle from Destiny Child braids with the box braids in the back and single braids around the front and sides..

Since I won't be able to reveal in April with everyone else, I attached a pic from March 4th. I'm making good progress but I make much better progress when my hair totally protected in braids or bun 7 days a week.

Good idea to take a picture now. You will see so much progres when you check in in August.

faithVA

If I pull the hair to the front, it looks like my nape is APL in 2 inches but when I pull it to the back, I think it is more like 4". Just going to set it in my mind that it will take me until September or October for my nape to reach APL. Then the area above it may reach it by December and all the rest of the back won't make it until June of 2019.

I want to do some 2 strand twist but feeling like I won't like the length especially in the back. I may try them next weekend and see.

Miss617

Always left of center

I feel you, I'm bored with mine too. I still experiment with different twist and braid styles but I'm just like ugh, give me something new.

CES didn't really work for me on its own, never thought to try it with Ecostyler.

kupenda

I think I’m gonna try Oyin Hair Dew again. I have an idea of how I’d like to use it and I think I’ll get better results this way. Using it after a refresher spray or water spritz (as opposed to on dry hair) and sealing it with oil and the matching pomade. My hair may like that

guyaneseyankee

I'm getting bored with my hair also.
I think I'm on track. I've been wearing a bun I made. It looks cute. But I just realized it doesn't look like my hair. LOL. I also bought a wig, but I haven't played with it yet.
APL is under your arm, right? LOL

Attachments

• D1844009-CB44-495D-8BBC-D28AED122B5C.jpeg
    D1844009-CB44-495D-8BBC-D28AED122B5C.jpeg
    655.3 KB · Views: 59

sweetiep

Hi all! Hopefully, I’m not too late to join in.

What length are you now? SL

What's your regimen? Just relaxed last week after 3 years of being natural so my regimen may change a bit. Relax every 12 weeks (goal), pre-poo with oils (mix-safflower, grape seed, coconut and jamaican black castor oil) DC once or twice a week, minimum heat use.

What do you need to do/change to reach APL?
Moisture, stretch relaxer

Goal areas: back, front, sides, crowns if already APL in a section/sections: back

What month would you like to reach your goal? By 12/2018 but will be nice if it happens sooner.

2C5F6047-0461-4E53-A7C9-9E8DAB667E6A.jpeg

sweetiep

I'm currently back to shoulder length ladies so I'm back in here to grow my hair out all over again. I had some demi permanent color damage and was forced to trim my hair and still trimming to get all the damaged ends off.
@Aggie i think the demi color is what thinned my hair out, so I went back to the semi perm color. My hair where the semi color is thicker than the other.

Aggie

@Aggie i think the demi color is what thinned my hair out, so I went back to the semi perm color. My hair where the semi color is thicker than the other.
Yeah I'm going back to semi permanent coloring and henna and indigo as well. I can't be losing my hair because of a dye - I just can't :nono:.

I'm still trimming my hair to get back to a head of full healthy hair.

kupenda

My hair *seems* to be making some progress. I’m noticing fewer “c” shaped pieces of hair.

I need Bee Mine to stop playing. I haven’t heard anything from them since I ordered on the 4th. Just an update email would be nice. Am I being fussy? Maybe I’m just being fussy

sweetiep

Yeah I'm going back to semi permanent coloring and henna and indigo as well. I can't be losing my hair because of a dye - I just can't :nono:.

I'm still trimming my hair to get back to a head of full healthy hair.

I wonder if I should go back to henna and indigo too. It’s been years since I used it. I think I remember my hair being drier then but of course I was just beginning to really know good haircare practices.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Nothing to report here but I am still around. My mini braids and wig regimen are going strong. I think I'm going to start preparing my hair to be without the wigs because it's getting warmer and I don't do wigs in heat.

I was debating if I was going to do a full length check for the April update but I think it'll be all systems go.