Apl 2018

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Had a super wash day: detox clay wash + moisture DC with heat for 30+ minutes. LOC post wash and sealed with Shea Butter before detangling with my seamless fine tooth comb to put in small twists. Will be rocking these twists all week to help with moisture and length retention in this cold weather.

I really liked this hair routine, I have to take my time on wash day and not rush in order to have this type of minimal hair loss. I also think deep conditioning with heat and always sealing with shea butter is key.

Alma Petra

Mt front is starting to hang but no action from the rest. I have more volume this year than last though. I didn't have to work to hide the parts.

View attachment 437537
First time I see a clear photo of you Faith. You are really beautiful!

And of course I love the hair. I love the color. Is that henna? Or is it dye? And the shape is amazing!! I can't belive that this is not an artistic cut!

faithVA

First time I see a clear photo of you Faith. You are really beautiful!

And of course I love the hair. I love the color. Is that henna? Or is it dye? And the shape is amazing!! I can't belive that this is not an artistic cut!
Girl send me your address so I can send you a xmas gift. :lol:

Its henna and amla. I didn't like and I was supposed to do a semi permanent after but it's been 5 weeks and it hasn't happened.

I'm amazed at the shape myself. I have no idea how it does that. I'm glad it does though.

Alma Petra

Girl send me your address so I can send you a xmas gift. :lol:

Its henna and amla. I didn't like and I was supposed to do a semi permanent after but it's been 5 weeks and it hasn't happened.

I'm amazed at the shape myself. I have no idea how it does that. I'm glad it does though.
Hehe YES!

I really think that your color is so lovely! And I've always thought that having a shape is very important for the overall look, maybe even more important than definition I think.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm really thinking of investing in a Revair dryer. What I've seen has convinced me it would be a valuable and useful tool in my arsenal. My main problem with retention is that my shrinkage is insane but super stretching blowout is too much manipulation to do even once weekly. This machine would solve those problems.

But that's a good amount of money in one go. Going to think on it some more.

faithVA

There are only 30 days until Xmas and 36 until the end of the year. This year has flown.

Who is planning on updating us with their lovely hair pics between now and the end of the year? I am excited to see some pictures.

Even if you didn't make APL please post your pic. It will be a great starter for next year.

If you graduated this challenge, big chopped or left for some other reason, please forgive me. I have't kept track of people's statuses this year. Congratulations if you graduated. Stay encouraged if you big chopped.

@AnotherLevel
@AmethystLily
@apple_natural
@Aggie (check)
@BlessedXs2
@B_Phlyy
@Bosslady1
@Cattypus1
@cinnespice
@Evallusion
@FemmeCreole
@gforceroy
@guyaneseyankee
@gvin89
@growbaby
@icsonia22
@irsgirl
@IslandMommy
@LovelyRo
@jennex
@keranikki
@kupenda
@Miss617
@MzLady78
@naturalagain2
@quirkydimples
@Rocky91
@SAPNK
@shawnyblazes
@SunkissedLife
@Soaring Eagle
@sunflora
@TLC1020
@topnotch1010
@xu93texas
@writtenthought
@yaya24

Last edited:

Aggie

There are only 30 days until Xmas and 36 until the end of the year. This year has flown.

Who is planning on updating us with their lovely hair pics between now and the end of the year? I am excited to see some pictures.

Even if you didn't make APL please post your pic. It will be a great starter for next year.

If you graduated this challenge, big chopped or left for some other reason, please forgive me. I have't kept track of people's statuses this year. Congratulations if you graduated. Stay encouraged if you big chopped.

@AnotherLevel
@AmethystLily
@apple_natural
@Aggie
@BlessedXs2
@B_Phlyy
@Bosslady1
@Cattypus1
@cinnespice
@Evallusion
@FemmeCreole
@gforceroy
@guyaneseyankee
@gvin89
@growbaby
@icsonia22
@irsgirl
@IslandMommy
@LovelyRo
@jennex
@keranikki
@kupenda
@Miss617
@MzLady78
@naturalagain2
@quirkydimples
@Rocky91
@SAPNK
@shawnyblazes
@SunkissedLife
@Soaring Eagle
@sunflora
@TLC1020
@topnotch1010
@xu93texas
@writtenthought
@yaya24
Big Chopper this year over here :wave:, so I have another year at it for sure. I'm touching shoulder length now.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
I’d say I’m solid collar bone length all around and after my recent silk press and trim it’s obvious I still have a couple inches to hit APL. While my overall health and thickness of my hair has improved the length isn’t quite there yet but I’m grateful anyway.

I’ll be back next year I’m going hardcore with growth (Shea butter, consistently scalp massage with Ayurvedic oils and deep condition with heat). Also going to try some protective styles here n there ans fenugreek

View media item 129925

metro_qt

I would like to join this challenge.
Yup. It's late in the game, but my hair has been so short all year I didn't think Apl was even possible.

Now its within reach for my back and sides....and I want to see with some care and deep conditioning practices, can I make Apl by the end of the year...
If not, I'll be ready for 2019!